Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2021, 05:41 PM   #1

2021 10.6 Fridge can't open all the way

Hi, I recently picked up a 2021 10.6 and have a problem with the kitchen slide. It has the Truma cooler and if I have it in the spot it's supposed to sit, I can't open the top of the cooler. In addition to this, The slide won't completely close because the cooler is hitting the wood in the back. I have to pull it all the way pressed against the stove to get the cooler to open. Has anyone had a similar problem?
jspickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:20 PM   #2

If everything is level when you have problems with the slide, then you probably have a warranty claim and you should take it back to the dealer.
Old 01-17-2021, 04:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspickett View Post
Hi, I recently picked up a 2021 10.6 and have a problem with the kitchen slide. It has the Truma cooler and if I have it in the spot it's supposed to sit, I can't open the top of the cooler. In addition to this, The slide won't completely close because the cooler is hitting the wood in the back. I have to pull it all the way pressed against the stove to get the cooler to open. Has anyone had a similar problem?
I am pretty sure I know what is going on, the slide itself has some holes in it, the rubber foot on the Truma cooler may be stuck in it not allowing you to slide it closer to the stove. You need to pick it up and slide it closer.

Another possibility is the cloth strap may be blocking it from moving closer to the stove as well. Be sure the metal clip is not bound in a funny way not letting you slide it closer to the stove.

I have the Truma in my 10.6 and know how close the tolerance is first hand. As a matter of fact, we even upgraded ours to the higher capacity one which is even taller too.

Hopefully one of these suggestions helps. It is hilarious how many little things I needed to adjust after the dealer "prepped" it for us. Even the axle zirk fittings were dry but perhaps they justify it by hoping Forrest River did it during assembly.
awd.nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by awd.nv View Post
...Even the axle zirk fittings were dry but perhaps they justify it by hoping Forrest River did it during assembly.

Of course they are dry, the bearings are packed at the factory prior to axle assembly. Lubing thru the zirks post-purchase is OK, but the hard-core people disassemble, inspect bearings, and hand or machine-pack. I used the zirks for the first time last spring (after 2 years and 5 k miles), the factory lube is good for many thousands of miles and a year or two minimum.

Don't fall for the social media group-think!
DES-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DES-1 View Post
Of course they are dry, the bearings are packed at the factory prior to axle assembly. Lubing thru the zirks post-purchase is OK, but the hard-core people disassemble, inspect bearings, and hand or machine-pack. I used the zirks for the first time last spring (after 2 years and 5 k miles), the factory lube is good for many thousands of miles and a year or two minimum.

Don't fall for the social media group-think!
I am not going to say your method is bad, as long as there was enough grease in them when it was assembled. I wouldn't know that unless I assembled them. I always grease zirks till they crackle so I know there is enough grease in them. Judging by how impressed I was with the wiring of my 10.6, having two fan knobs on my AC rather than one being a thermostat and the adjustment on my doors being off; I was not going to chance the bearings were greased properly during assembly.

This doesn't come from forums, it comes from my maintenance/repair experience of 10yrs on lift trucks ranging from all sorts of environments outdoor to freezer use. Not to mention my experience working on cars professionally.

Thankfully I have not found anything major and really those are minor issues, it is just very different than the auto industry and this 10.6 was not exactly cheap either.
awd.nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 03:16 PM   #6

I just picked my 10.5 up and had the same issues with the Truma. I had to flip it around so that plugs are not up against the stove. I'm having additional issue with the Truma but this at least helped with the issue of opening it.
JHess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge