Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2021, 05:46 PM   #1
Salty Senior

2021 NoBo 19.5 CRACKED WINDSHIELD

We are on our first camping trip with our No Bo 19.5 at Johnathan Dickinson State Park.

We just discovered a crack radiating from the upper left side of the windshield toward the center.

We are also noticing many missing "features" on our unit...

Only one USB outlet and by the sink.
Patio light not bright white only, promised amber/white.
Water heater not adjusted... continuous running when on.

many others.

Gene
Captain Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 12:00 PM   #2

Porch light is typically a 3-way rocker, middle position off, up is white, down is amber.

I didn't realize our unit had a light for the steps, couldn't find a switch...turns out its only on when the when porch light is on white.

Likely nothing is wrong with your hot water heater. Try the electric setting, and try the propane. Personally, we never bother with the electric, the propane works so well. I've heard some people run both for faster hot water recovery.

Former - 2019 NOBO 19.7

2019 Ford Expedition Max, payload ~ 1700
DES-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 12:54 PM   #3
Salty Senior

Cool NO Perfect NO BO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DES-1 View Post
Porch light is typically a 3-way rocker, middle position off, up is white, down is amber.

I didn't realize our unit had a light for the steps, couldn't find a switch...turns out its only on when the when porch light is on white.

Likely nothing is wrong with your hot water heater. Try the electric setting, and try the propane. Personally, we never bother with the electric, the propane works so well. I've heard some people run both for faster hot water recovery.
Thanks for the response... Our porch light SW is a single through Off/On to a dim white light & Step light. We also have a switch for the lights in galley cabinets and spice shelf but no lights.

Also no lights as advertised in slide out or cabinets... no AC or DC in slide.

No outside shower as promised in Specs. It appears that No Bo is cutting quality control inspections.

We bought the No Bo 19.5 via TravelCamp in Ocala Florida. It appears that the PDI was performed at night with no flash light.

To their good... I love my Dometic 8.3 CU' 12V ref. We were loading food 1 hour after turning it on. I cooked most of our meals for 3 nights camping on our new "Bush Kitchen" aka 17" Suburban Gas Griddle. A little off level, but after seasoning, most food did not stick and I thought was good. Wife ~.

Happy Camping

Gene
Old 08-12-2021, 03:16 PM   #4

We're also in Florida and are thinking about purchasing ours from the same dealership next year. Would you recommend?
tronaiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 11:59 AM   #5

Cracked windshields seem to be a problem with Forrest River products. Our NoBo is in for reapirs for this problem. There are several good ideas on the forums for preventing this problem, although yours and ours probably originated at the factory.
Jardinera52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 01:19 PM   #6
Salty Senior

Cool Perfect NO BO and Forrest River

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronaiv View Post
We're also in Florida and are thinking about purchasing ours from the same dealership next year. Would you recommend?

Be Very Careful... TravelCamp Ocala seems to run short on staff, especially in the maintenance area.

Forrest River has warranty problems. I had to drop my NoBo 19.5 off at the dealer 250 miles from home to get warranty service. They still have my unit awaiting parts . They have to new window but have not told me it is installed.

Forrest River has many brands, each a separate "company". Dealerships fly the brand flag and put Forrest River on their fence, but most will not do warranty service for units sold at another dealer.

AND there is COVID.... to blame !!!

Happy Camping Capt Gene
Old 10-13-2021, 11:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Gene View Post
Be Very Careful... TravelCamp Ocala seems to run short on staff, especially in the maintenance area.

Forrest River has warranty problems. I had to drop my NoBo 19.5 off at the dealer 250 miles from home to get warranty service. They still have my unit awaiting parts . They have to new window but have not told me it is installed.

Forrest River has many brands, each a separate "company". Dealerships fly the brand flag and put Forrest River on their fence, but most will not do warranty service for units sold at another dealer.

AND there is COVID.... to blame !!!

Happy Camping Capt Gene
And this is why I am glad I bought ours from Camping World in MO. They have a dealer local to us who is taking care of our warranty issues. I have read horror stories about their CS but honestly they are doing a great job for us on these issues. They know I have a trip planned for the second week of November and they have committed to having everything buttoned up by the end of this month.
Spey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021, crack