Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2023, 11:30 AM   #1

23RLDS Questions

Hello All,

My wife and I are thinking about purchasing the Ibex 23rlds for full time living. On paper without looking at it, it appears to be impressive if you add beast mode to the TT.

Here are some of the things I like about the TT:
Towable with my half ton truck (my truck is 21 f150 max tow @ 13800)
The size works with rv pads in state/federal parks.
Beast Mode (like I mentioned)
Solar prep that looks like it is really solar prep'd 30amps
You can have the slide in and still move around
Cargo Capacity is ample

Here is our concern:

Not enough storage inside the RV for full time living.

Since we are just a couple, we were thinking we would either remove the couch or dinette and put some cabinets in for extra storage.

Our questions are:
How do you like your Ibex?
Does anyone live in this rv full-time?
Do you have enough storage capacity as a full-timer or part-timer?
If we removed the couch and put in cabinets, how does someone screw into the side wall to make the cabinets not move?

Thanks in advance,
Crabbycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 05:12 PM   #2

Seems like a pretty tall order to have two people live in 27' of space...

From first blush, it looks like you could replace the sofa with something storage-wise, and then connect that new storage to the overhead cabinets and the floor. Only question is, how would you keep the doors of such a proposed cabinet set closed so they don't fly open (and possibly empty their contents) during a sudden stop? I mean, without using hasps or some other ugly solution... The biggest issue is going to be overcoming the fact that those cabinets will most likely face forward.

I believe the payload rating would also need to be carefully abided by, since a cabinet set, even something ridiculously light made of aluminum tubing and fabric, once it's full of stuff, will probably still come in at a lot more weight than the sofa it replaced. I mean, it's a real healthy payload rating at 2500lb, but still, living in it full-time is radically different in running logistics for a weekend trip, or even the 2-3 week hunting trips I love to take. You can juggle that a bit though if you keep to sites with water/dump at the site, though - esp. with those 40gal. tanks.

I wish you luck, and am actually interested to see how you tackle securing that new storage.

Cheers!
Random Walk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
question, questions