Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2020, 09:40 AM   #1

About to buy 2020 19.3 No Bo feedback

Hello Everyone,

Im new to the forum, and thought it would be wise for some feedback from you all on the No boundaries travel trailers.

I've looked far and wide on may manufactures, and models, and the No Boundaries lineup, specifically the 19.3 checks the majority of the boxes for my needs. Im a contractor, so I've already have been looking at doing some modifications to it, but I would greatly appreciate the good, and the bad feedback in your experience with ownership, and if anyone can comment on this specific model.

Thank you and hope all is well with everyone in these uncertain times.

Jason
Sigrio22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 04:45 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum!

I have had my 19.5 for almost a year now, and I really like it. I cannot speak to the quality of it versus others, as it is my first trailer.

It seems that it is pretty normal for new RVs to have a handful of build issues due to mass production and lightweight materials. Mine had a handful of little things like ceiling joint strips popping off and such. Nothing major. My dealer was able to fix everything without issue, and none of my issues impacted me using it.

Would I buy it again? Absolutely.

Cheers.
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:18 AM   #3

I have had a 19.3 since March. Our three grandkids and we love it. Everybody has lots of space to sleep in. The kids have some privacy in the curtained bunks. The dining table accommodates two adults and three small children if you have an additional seat. we use a five gallon bucket that occaissionally serves to transfer greywater. There is enough pantry and refrigerator space for week-long adventures. We like the murphy bed, which allows us to put the bed out of sight and sit on a sofa. The unit does a good job of shutting out noise when the windows are closed. The sink in the bathroom means that little boy hands are (slightly) more likely to be washed after. I tow with a Ram 1500 eco-diesel and have an anti-sway hitch. Only towing problems have been on I-80 with 45 mph cross winds. The unit is short, and with no slide outs, can fit into almost any trailer parking space. It can also go into most of the national parks.

Not all is perfect. I had to buy a third party ladder to reach the top bunk. No matter where you put it, it's in the way of the bathroom door. On the way home from the dealer, the valence over the dining table window fell off. I put it back up with hollow wall anchors. The table top is not secure when not set up. I put velcro on one edge to secure it to the wall. I could not find the water pump at first, because it was put into the pedestal to the left of the sofa. You must unscrew a panel to access it for winterizing or de-winterizing. The under-seat storage is difficult to use until you put some straps on the wooden slats. Many of the furniture panels themselves have come loose. The plastic coverings on the panels tend to peel off. The door is very hard to open and close if the trailer is not perfectly level. The wind-proof door hinges aren't. Based on what I read here, these problems are just par for the course.

I'd buy it again as a first trailer.
Gorge NoBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 01:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorge NoBo View Post
I have had a 19.3 since March. Our three grandkids and we love it. Everybody has lots of space to sleep in. The kids have some privacy in the curtained bunks. The dining table accommodates two adults and three small children if you have an additional seat. we use a five gallon bucket that occaissionally serves to transfer greywater. There is enough pantry and refrigerator space for week-long adventures. We like the murphy bed, which allows us to put the bed out of sight and sit on a sofa. The unit does a good job of shutting out noise when the windows are closed. The sink in the bathroom means that little boy hands are (slightly) more likely to be washed after. I tow with a Ram 1500 eco-diesel and have an anti-sway hitch. Only towing problems have been on I-80 with 45 mph cross winds. The unit is short, and with no slide outs, can fit into almost any trailer parking space. It can also go into most of the national parks.

Not all is perfect. I had to buy a third party ladder to reach the top bunk. No matter where you put it, it's in the way of the bathroom door. On the way home from the dealer, the valence over the dining table window fell off. I put it back up with hollow wall anchors. The table top is not secure when not set up. I put velcro on one edge to secure it to the wall. I could not find the water pump at first, because it was put into the pedestal to the left of the sofa. You must unscrew a panel to access it for winterizing or de-winterizing. The under-seat storage is difficult to use until you put some straps on the wooden slats. Many of the furniture panels themselves have come loose. The plastic coverings on the panels tend to peel off. The door is very hard to open and close if the trailer is not perfectly level. The wind-proof door hinges aren't. Based on what I read here, these problems are just par for the course.

I'd buy it again as a first trailer.
George, can I ask which ladder you purchased? I took delivery early August on a 19.3 as well and purchased a folding lightweight stepladder which does the job but basically has to be stored on the lower bunk when not in use. Would prefer a narrow ladder that can stay attached on top with the base on the floor which doesn't impede opening of the bathroom door. The water pump location is ridiculous and they should have made the top of the pedestal removable to access it instead of the flimsy front panel. Funny as you mention the door as well; my wife and son both struggle with opening/closing it but I have found that if you push the door further shut while engaging the handle it works much more smoothly. Murphy bed option is great but the mattress we received was like sleeping on a brick...and I like a firm bed. Better with a 2" memory foam topper. I also had vertical trim on the left side of the bunks immediately begin to pop off and ending up removing completely and reattaching with a better quality brad nail.

Loaded two kayaks on top for our first family weekend trip over Labor Day holiday. Quickly realized that while great in theory, having a 10' roof height and adding 6" for the rack and another 30" in height for the kayak puts you dangerously close to high-fiving traffic signals as you pass underneath. Add to that the fact that I'm far from being 25, 35 or even 45 years old anymore makes the journey to load the roof even less desirable.

Adventure door is AWESOME. 2021 1/2 model change with spray port (quick release hose outlet) on the camp side is great however they ran a plumbing line underneath the left seat of the dinette and screwed shut that side. Inexcusable placement of outdoor kitchen rail (another 2021 1/2 change with included griddle.) This appears to have been corrected on newest versions.

I as well would purchase again it's just too bad that this is the best build quality you can expect for the price range. Makes you wonder if the Germans and Japanese manufacture sub-quality RV's compare to their auto industry.
BurlyAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 02:40 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurlyAl View Post

I as well would purchase again it's just too bad that this is the best build quality you can expect for the price range. Makes you wonder if the Germans and Japanese manufacture sub-quality RV's compare to their auto industry.
Very few Japanese participate in RVing. Only a few companies make them and they are tiny Class C Motorhomes.
There are way more RV manufacturers in Europe but they are very spartan. Even the cheapest TT made here, has more amenities.
Competition from overseas RV manufacturers here, will never happen unless they buy a RV manufacturer here. A well known European RV manufacturer bought a Canadian Class B manufacturer a while ago. After only a year or two, it declared bankruptcy and shut down the factory. So much for overseas competition.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote