Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2021, 04:44 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
NewEnglandCamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 23
Black Tank Flush 16.2

Am I the only one who just realized you can take the Mfgr issued blue coil quick connect to run the Black Flush outlet without having to run a hose over?

Facepalm…
NewEnglandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 04:38 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandCamper View Post
Am I the only one who just realized you can take the Mfgr issued blue coil quick connect to run the Black Flush outlet without having to run a hose over?

Facepalm…

Please tell me more. I have a 16.2 but do not know anything about a "blue coil quick connect". Is this for the outdoor shower?
emeddleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 05:08 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
NewEnglandCamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 23
Black Tank Flush 16.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeddleton View Post
Please tell me more. I have a 16.2 but do not know anything about a "blue coil quick connect". Is this for the outdoor shower?

What year is yours? On the exterior My rig has a black tank flush (female for a hose hookup) and a quick connect for a fresh water wash down right next to each other.

I’ve been running a hose under the rig to the black tank flush when I could have just been using the quick connect.
NewEnglandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 05:15 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 190
I guess you could do that as long as you don't plan on using the blue hose for anything else. Always consider possible cross contamination...
__________________
Marc in sunny California
2013 Crusader 260 RLD
2012 RAM 2500 Laramie CTD and 4:10
mmartin_tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 08:57 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandCamper View Post
What year is yours? On the exterior My rig has a black tank flush (female for a hose hookup) and a quick connect for a fresh water wash down right next to each other.

I’ve been running a hose under the rig to the black tank flush when I could have just been using the quick connect.

Mine is a 2021. My black tank flush is on the side with the tank drains and the slide. My outdoor shower connection which has a quick disconnect is on the door side. I will have to look again when I go to my storage unit but I do not remember seeing a quick disconnect on the side with the black tank flush. My outdoor shower hose uses a quick disconnect and is blue and coiled up. That is one reason for my question.



As mmartin_tdc says, be wary of cross contamination between the two systems.
emeddleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 06:46 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
NewEnglandCamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin_tdc View Post
I guess you could do that as long as you don't plan on using the blue hose for anything else. Always consider possible cross contamination...


I use the blue coiled hose for nothing else, haven’t found a feasible use for it yet…
NewEnglandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:03 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 297
I have done that as well. IMHO, as soon as you plug the blue coiled hose into the quick disconnect, it's pressurized and flowing outwards. The black tank flush has a check valve that only allows the water to go in and not back out. There would have to be a serious failure to allow contamination. And my blue coiled hose is never used for drinking. I was worried about doing this at first after asking similar question but after thinking about how it works, I'm not so worried anymore. And it is very convenient to use at the dump station...
__________________
2021 Wildwood FSX 190RT Toyhauler
2016 Chevrolet Silverado LT 1500 Crew Cab 5.3l 6L80 3.42 4x4
mikeyk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:11 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeddleton View Post
Mine is a 2021. My black tank flush is on the side with the tank drains and the slide. My outdoor shower connection which has a quick disconnect is on the door side. I will have to look again when I go to my storage unit but I do not remember seeing a quick disconnect on the side with the black tank flush. My outdoor shower hose uses a quick disconnect and is blue and coiled up.

Well, my memory is proving bad. My black tank flush is on the side with the door and the outdoor shower connection. They are pretty close to each other.
emeddleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:27 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 297
Here is mine. The arrow on the right points to the quick disconnects for spray port hose which is next to the outside shower. The arrow on the left points to the black tank flush which is right next to the fresh water fill.

And just thinking out loud, I have heard others mentioning about being careful of possible contamination from the black tank flush. If that is so, then why would black tank flush connection be installed so close to the fresh water fill???

But it is definitely close enough to connect coiled blue hose to quick disconnect and attach to the black tank flush.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210312_151719_remastered.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	265350  
__________________
2021 Wildwood FSX 190RT Toyhauler
2016 Chevrolet Silverado LT 1500 Crew Cab 5.3l 6L80 3.42 4x4
mikeyk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:00 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Dayton Ohio
Posts: 2,267
Generally cross contamination occurs when someone makes that connection. And, god or someone else causes a water pressure problem (loss of pressure).

So if you connect the coiled hose up to occasionally flush out the black water tank you are pretty safe if you use it and disconnect it.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:45 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyk101 View Post
And just thinking out loud, I have heard others mentioning about being careful of possible contamination from the black tank flush. If that is so, then why would black tank flush connection be installed so close to the fresh water fill???
Because this business about detrimental cross contamination via those ports and the hoses used is hogwash.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:48 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post
...

So if you connect the coiled hose up to occasionally flush out the black water tank you are pretty safe if you use it and disconnect it.

That's exactly how I use it and pretty much how it has to be done. There is no shutoff on the disconnect for the coiled hose so as long as it's plugged in, the water is flowing. After letting it flush for a bit, I disconnect from quick disconnect first and then unscrew from black tank flush port.
__________________
2021 Wildwood FSX 190RT Toyhauler
2016 Chevrolet Silverado LT 1500 Crew Cab 5.3l 6L80 3.42 4x4
mikeyk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, flush, tank

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.