Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2020, 10:08 AM   #21

Wow

Figures.. As soon as I'm remotely interested in a toyhauler that's a bit smaller/narrower, it turns out it's thrown together and a piece of junk worth half what you paid if your lucky.
rerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 10:46 AM   #22

They are not all like that
Combolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 11:49 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combolc View Post
They are not all like that

True. But to get a smaller more forest service road ready camper you need to convert a well built cargo trailer if you want it to survive wash boarded pot holed roads.

Manufactures putting bigger off road tires on the same cheesy campers doesn't cut it.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:13 PM   #24

Do not neglect looking on the underside of that new trailer... I used several cans of rubberized spray paint, wire loom and nylon ties to string all the loose wires up. Did you get the wheels balanced?

I think that these trailers are a good start, but without some preventive maintenance and some DIY skills of the owner they would all fall apart after a year or two.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 01:55 PM   #25

Yea but I don't think NoBo is intended to be an off-road trailer. All terrains don't make it off-road, maybe partial overlander but Bruder, Opus, Lotus, etc are off-road trailers. this one is fine for a washboard road or forest path little extra clearance and all terrains.
Combolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 02:36 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Yea but I don't think NoBo is intended to be an off-road trailer. All terrains don't make it off-road, maybe partial overlander but Bruder, Opus, Lotus, etc are off-road trailers. this one is fine for a washboard road or forest path little extra clearance and all terrains.
Agree!
Minimalist YES, off-road NO.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 04:29 PM   #27

Quote:

The gravel roads Ive seen would shake a stapled wooden trailer apart at any speed faster than walking. Does nobo weld all four sides of their aluminum wall studs?
Old 06-21-2020, 11:40 PM   #28

Oh its getting good now, saw daylight coming inside atop the wheel well

The black metal wheel well on the door side, had developed a gap between the Azdel wall, maybe 1/4 inch, it seems to be pulling up and inward. So light was coming through inside the trailer and thats when I went outside to check it out The wheel well metal lip screwed the Azdel wall on the outside around the wheel well, its litte black screws, I am unsure if the screws or wall or pulling away. This is a significant problem because now it is more structural with the wall. This is maybe frame flex or sagging in the floor. So when I look into the gap, I can see that put a very thin strip of caulking and that caulking dried and never made contact with the wall , so the wheel wells water can shoot in if water was to come sideways that the door side of the trailer. I calked it but just enough because we had rain but I am not redoing it. The dealer needs to do that. Much of the caulking all the way down that side of the trailer is separating now. The other side is fine.

I am taking it to the dealer in a couple of weeks but its quite and extensive list of defects at this point. I have 3 months left on manufacturers warranty and we did wait a little while because of so many issues.

We went to a motorcycle meetup , around Dallas and we are in Houston. Trailer tows very good with the Center-line load distributing hitch. The trailer does work good as a toy hauler. I wanna go out on a high note, the tailgate on the trailer is great. One person can operate it because its spring loaded, and you get good traction even in rain with the rubberized ramp and floor. Loading heavy bikes is a breeze. I did get complements on it. Honestly if Forest River would just dump about a gallon more glue and better screws they would have a good trailer. I was saying to my wife and while caulking the gap, the "Low-VOC" certification sticker is CHEAPER to put on the trailer than more glue. Hehe

Praying it holds up.
stephensatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, toy hauler