Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2021, 12:12 AM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by otrwalter View Post
OK, it's April 2021. Do you think 5 years is enough time to add an IBEX sub-group?

Or are we just the red-headed bastard stepchildren?

Pretty please?
Not sure where you're getting the 5 year thing but FR debuted the Ibex line last year:

https://www.rvnews.com/exclusive-for...nture-trailer/

So it's only been around for one year.
So it's a newborn baby compared to other brands.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:08 AM   #22

Quote:
OK, it's April 2021. Do you think 5 years is enough time to add an IBEX sub-group?

Pretty please?
I was wrong.

The date I saw in an earlier message was when the poster joined.

my apologies

still would like a sub-group
Old 04-18-2021, 08:34 PM   #23

Quote:

Pretty please?

[emoji23]
Amartin453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:25 PM   #24

Same problem error 601

I have a 19mbh as well and have the error code 601 on the charge controller. Did you find the problem? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRod View Post
Hi! We have had our IBEX 19MBH for about a month and have taken it out to our local RV Park to test everything out. The only issue we noticed is that the GoPower Solar controller panel (that was placed over the toilet in the 19MBH restroom) isn't working. The controller is blinking with code 601- which from the research we've done means there is a bad/wrong connection between the battery and the controller. We think that our dealer got some wires mixed up, also. We have tried everything to try and fix this issue ourselves (with the help of the GoPower tech support), but we have had no luck. We plan to take it to the dealer next month since they are pretty far from us. I did see that under the RV there is a patch that is accessible by unscrewing some screws. I'm wondering if this is where the reset switch is for the battery?

I'm relieved to know there is a good thread going now for the new IBEX! I love everything about mine minus this minor issue. I hope can be resolved so we can take advantage of the solar addition!

Love & Gratitude,
Veronica
kellerm31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 10:47 PM   #25

We bought our Ibex 19QBS last October, tow it with a Honda Ridgeline AWD and have no issues. We've taken it out a few times now and have a trip to Sequoia RV Ranch coming up in a couple weeks. We initially had some issues with the door, the steps and a missing vent cover. Took it to Dealer in Templeton, CA who did a great job and helped us do some upgrades - so far we've made the following updates:
- added a window to the door,
- added a 2nd 20lb tank
- Max Air vent cover
- 4" memory foam topper
- upgraded the battery to AGM and added a 2nd at the dealer

One other thing - our heater cover on the inside was laying on the floor with the screws rolling around after every stop - so we put some tape on the threads and have had no issues since. Really happy with this trailer.
eisland99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:50 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisland99 View Post
We bought our Ibex 19QBS last October, tow it with a Honda Ridgeline AWD and have no issues. We've taken it out a few times now and have a trip to Sequoia RV Ranch coming up in a couple weeks. We initially had some issues with the door, the steps and a missing vent cover. Took it to Dealer in Templeton, CA who did a great job and helped us do some upgrades - so far we've made the following updates:

- added a 2nd 20lb tank

- Max Air vent cover

- 4" memory foam topper

One other thing - our heater cover on the inside was laying on the floor with the screws rolling around after every stop - so we put some tape on the threads and have had no issues since. Really happy with this trailer.

Congratulations on the new QBS!

We’ve been out on two trips with our QBS and the only issues we’ve come across is one of our electrical outlets on the side of the bed pushed into the wall when plugging in a couple of chargers, should be an easy fix. Main door has to be slammed from the inside to get it to latch. I’ve not figured out the fix yet.

Someone else had the same door problem and said there was a block on the frame, I don’t have that issue, still trying to figure it out.

Other than that, we love the camper and had alot of nice comments by other campers, specially when I tell them its only 3600lbs dry.

Add ons:

1. Cabinet liners/baskets
2. Pass-through liner
3. Two new lift bars for the bed storage top
4. Vacuum hose and accessories for central vac system.

Happy camping!
Old 05-08-2021, 08:48 AM   #27

Quote:
Hi! We have had our IBEX 19MBH for about a month and have taken it out to our local RV Park to test everything out. The only issue we noticed is that the GoPower Solar controller panel (that was placed over the toilet in the 19MBH restroom) isn't working. The controller is blinking with code 601- which from the research we've done means there is a bad/wrong connection between the battery and the controller. We think that our dealer got some wires mixed up, also. We have tried everything to try and fix this issue ourselves (with the help of the GoPower tech support), but we have had no luck. We plan to take it to the dealer next month since they are pretty far from us. I did see that under the RV there is a patch that is accessible by unscrewing some screws. I'm wondering if this is where the reset switch is for the battery?

I'm relieved to know there is a good thread going now for the new IBEX! I love everything about mine minus this minor issue. I hope can be resolved so we can take advantage of the solar addition!

Love & Gratitude,
Veronica

Did you get the error code fixed? If so what was it? I saw on another ibex thread someone has the same issue and is looking for the fix. Maybe you can respond?

We are really enjoying our IBEX too!
Old 05-08-2021, 06:17 PM   #28

Dinette

We just purchased an Ibex 19mbh and are going to take our 8 month old son to pick it up. Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the dinette table or the space between benches? I’m hoping to put his pack n play there overnight. Thanks!
Celsitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 12:40 PM   #29

Shower Pressure IBEX 19MBH

We picked up our new Ibex 19MBH a few weeks ago and noticed the water pressure was terrible. Anyone else have this issue and know the fix?

Thanks,
Jennifer
Celsitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:43 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celsitude View Post
We picked up our new Ibex 19MBH a few weeks ago and noticed the water pressure was terrible. Anyone else have this issue and know the fix?

Thanks,
Jennifer
#1 cause is construction debris clogging faucets. Remove the faucet aerators.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:43 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartin453 View Post
Did you get the error code fixed? If so what was it? I saw on another ibex thread someone has the same issue and is looking for the fix. Maybe you can respond?

We are really enjoying our IBEX too!
You may be talking about me. I have a 20BHS and the solar doesn't work, just b01 error (no batteries detected) ever since I got it. I ordered two 100ah LIion batteries which didn't come in until after I got the camper home so the dealer has been no help. I haven't had time to call Go Power but will probably do that today. But if anyone has success stories about fixing their solar I'm all ears. I have two batteries wired in parallel and still nothing is recognized.

That being said, now that I've found this thread I'll throw up some upgrades I've done.

1. Added a middle shelf to the cupboards over the sink to double the storage
2. Added rubber maid type drawers to the closets in the bathroom and next to fridge to increase storage capacity
3. Added two inset tie down hooks to the outside of the dining benches to strap bikes to while traveling
4. Extended the drop arms for the griddle by 10" so that a normal sized human can stand there and cook. I'm 5'8 and the griddle sat just under my chest which is way to high to cook as far as I'm concerned. Now it sets right at my waist.

We are going to Hill and Hollow in Pentwater MI over the 4th and I plan to have a few other things done by then which include.

- Create a hanging table that uses the full length of the outside mounting plate. It will be 6' long by 24" deep to hold the griddle, my small grill and any food/prep items. Kind of centralize all of the outside cooking stuff
- Install a 16"Wx10"Hx24"D drawer into the area under the rear dining bench to hold dirty clothes. It's "technically" not supposed to be accessible because there is some wiring run in there but a pull out drawer would be perfect for a hamper. The drawer box is built, just need to cut out the hole and install it.

I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this thread because I agree there needs to be subforum for this camper. We love ours.
MillerMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:16 PM   #32

IBEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerMav View Post
You may be talking about me. I have a 20BHS and the solar doesn't work, just b01 error (no batteries detected) ever since I got it. I ordered two 100ah LIion batteries which didn't come in until after I got the camper home so the dealer has been no help. I haven't had time to call Go Power but will probably do that today. But if anyone has success stories about fixing their solar I'm all ears. I have two batteries wired in parallel and still nothing is recognized.

That being said, now that I've found this thread I'll throw up some upgrades I've done.

1. Added a middle shelf to the cupboards over the sink to double the storage

2. Added rubber maid type drawers to the closets in the bathroom and next to fridge to increase storage capacity

3. Added two inset tie down hooks to the outside of the dining benches to strap bikes to while traveling

4. Extended the drop arms for the griddle by 10" so that a normal sized human can stand there and cook. [emoji3] I'm 5'8 and the griddle sat just under my chest which is way to high to cook as far as I'm concerned. Now it sets right at my waist.

We are going to Hill and Hollow in Pentwater MI over the 4th and I plan to have a few other things done by then which include.

- Create a hanging table that uses the full length of the outside mounting plate. It will be 6' long by 24" deep to hold the griddle, my small grill and any food/prep items. Kind of centralize all of the outside cooking stuff

- Install a 16"Wx10"Hx24"D drawer into the area under the rear dining bench to hold dirty clothes. It's "technically" not supposed to be accessible because there is some wiring run in there but a pull out drawer would be perfect for a hamper. The drawer box is built, just need to cut out the hole and install it.

I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this thread because I agree there needs to be subforum for this camper. We love ours.

Agreed, the IBEX should have it’s own category or be added to the NoBo.

Looking forward to seeing the hanging table you create. Make sure you include legs for stability (Im sure you will).

Thanks for the response, safe travels and happy 4th.
Old 06-26-2021, 06:15 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartin453 View Post
Agreed, the IBEX should have it’s own category or be added to the NoBo.

Looking forward to seeing the hanging table you create. Make sure you include legs for stability (Im sure you will).

Thanks for the response, safe travels and happy 4th.

The table won’t be that big or heavy. Shouldn’t have any need for legs as far as I can tell from mounting up the prototype.

But maybe…..if so I’ll add some small threaded legs. Thanks for the tip.
MillerMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 06:55 AM   #34
Off Grid Mike

New RLDS 23 Electrical Problems

Hello everyone. We just got our new RLDS 23 last week and it is just what we needed after having our RPOD 179 for three years. Right off the bat we saw the solar inverter had a battery low error. Checked it with a volt meter and it was fine, battery switch on, but error code flashing continuously. So we have it on shore power for now. When we got it home we found the pocket door to the bedroom was out and one side was off the rails. The overhead tracking has been screwed into nothing but panel so that need fixed. We also noticed the door was extremely hard to close and latch. It was impossible from the inside. Took it back to the dealer and the drop down stairs were mounted too far out, the frame was warped and the latch frame was too far in. Took them about four hours to get it fixed. We decided we would bri g it back for the other things after a weekend camping. Then the trouble started, after dark the first night the outlets tripped, which is not good if you have a cpap machine. Took a while to get them to reset. The second night, the microwave was not working and it would beep and flash on then off again all night. It finally stopped when I shut off the solar inverter. It seems the electrical problem is at night when the inverter is on and there is not solar power being generated. The third problem is the water valve in the back of the toilet. When you step to flush, a small amount of water bubbles up from the top of the valve. I discovered a puddle of water on the floor. Looking closer there is a metal rod tip that is surrounded by the plastic valve. When flushing water leaks up from around the metal rod in the valve. Since the is about 3/16 inch outer ridge around the entire valve top I filled the top with silicone sealant and left it with the water off for a few days. Now it does not leak. Other than the normal stapled items coming loose, that can be fixed with liquid nails, it is a great trailer, especially with all the natural light from all the windows. Once I get solar issue figured out and pocket door remounted it will be awesome as we love off gridding especially in the off season.
OffGridMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 10:49 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffGridMike View Post
Hello everyone. We just got our new RLDS 23 last week and it is just what we needed after having our RPOD 179 for three years. Right off the bat we saw the solar inverter had a battery low error. Checked it with a volt meter and it was fine, battery switch on, but error code flashing continuously. So we have it on shore power for now. When we got it home we found the pocket door to the bedroom was out and one side was off the rails. The overhead tracking has been screwed into nothing but panel so that need fixed. We also noticed the door was extremely hard to close and latch. It was impossible from the inside. Took it back to the dealer and the drop down stairs were mounted too far out, the frame was warped and the latch frame was too far in. Took them about four hours to get it fixed. We decided we would bri g it back for the other things after a weekend camping. Then the trouble started, after dark the first night the outlets tripped, which is not good if you have a cpap machine. Took a while to get them to reset. The second night, the microwave was not working and it would beep and flash on then off again all night. It finally stopped when I shut off the solar inverter. It seems the electrical problem is at night when the inverter is on and there is not solar power being generated. The third problem is the water valve in the back of the toilet. When you step to flush, a small amount of water bubbles up from the top of the valve. I discovered a puddle of water on the floor. Looking closer there is a metal rod tip that is surrounded by the plastic valve. When flushing water leaks up from around the metal rod in the valve. Since the is about 3/16 inch outer ridge around the entire valve top I filled the top with silicone sealant and left it with the water off for a few days. Now it does not leak. Other than the normal stapled items coming loose, that can be fixed with liquid nails, it is a great trailer, especially with all the natural light from all the windows. Once I get solar issue figured out and pocket door remounted it will be awesome as we love off gridding especially in the off season.

Congrats on the new trailer (we love our IBEX)! It’s unfortunate that you had those issues (which others have had). However, they all can and will be resolved.

Keep us posted on the fixes and safe travels.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:51 AM   #36

Added 2nd 20lb Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisland99 View Post
- added a 2nd 20lb tank
- Max Air vent cover
- 4" memory foam topper

What did you use as a tray/rack to hold the 2 tanks? We just bought a ‘21 19QBS and want to add another tank.
Thanks!!
Nodonutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 11:56 PM   #37

Error Code 601 GoPower Solar Controller

Quote:

Love & Gratitude,
Veronica
Veronica, We have had our IBEX for 6 months and have the same issue with the GoPower Solar Controller. Error code 601. I thought it might be a fuse but couldn't find one for the solar panel Gave up and took it to the dealer to figure it all out. During our last camping trip the Thetford toilet valve would not shut off so the bowl would fill up. Had to turn the water off so that is also being looked at. I read that the water control valve (plastic) frequently malfunctions.
GrampsInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 08:42 AM   #38
Adventurer Blogger

Quote:

Love & Gratitude,
Veronica
Hey guys, there is a block of inline fuses under the front belly of your IBEX. Look for a patched area, remove the screws, and you’ll see about 6 inline fuses (see attached photos). On the 23RLDS, the stock solar fuse is a 15A, I replaced mine with a 30A when I upgraded my solar system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69858035-BB7E-4196-BCFC-1B6D5B02D008.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	482.3 KB
ID:	261625   Click image for larger version

Name:	F34116D9-B729-4B21-B264-BC8ED77B6E69.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	316.4 KB
ID:	261626  
csgaraglino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 01:25 PM   #39
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgaraglino View Post
Hey guys, there is a block of inline fuses under the front belly of your IBEX. Look for a patched area, remove the screws, and you’ll see about 6 inline fuses (see attached photos). On the 23RLDS, the stock solar fuse is a 15A, I replaced mine with a 30A when I upgraded my solar system.
Just remember that the wires are sized for the estimated load and the fuse is there to protect the wires.

Hopefully you upgraded your wires as well as the fuse.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 01:29 PM   #40
Adventurer Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Just remember that the wires are sized for the estimated load and the fuse is there to protect the wires.

Hopefully you upgraded your wires as well as the fuse.

There was no need for me. In my 23RLDS, they installed 10ga stranded wiring for all the solar. 10ga solid is good for 30A and Stranded is good for 35A - but I capped it at 30A. My conversation with GoPower indicated they planed for people to upgrade.

But it's good that you pointed this out so others can verify what they may have installed!
csgaraglino is offline   Reply With Quote