Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2021, 01:44 PM   #41
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgaraglino View Post
There was no need for me. In my 23RLDS, they installed 10ga stranded wiring for all the solar. 10ga solid is good for 30A and Stranded is good for 35A - but I capped it at 30A. My conversation with GoPower indicated they planed for people to upgrade.

But it's good that you pointed this out so others can verify what they may have installed!
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 02:16 PM   #42

Broken fuse block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Just remember that the wires are sized for the estimated load and the fuse is there to protect the wires.

Hopefully you upgraded your wires as well as the fuse.
Just spoke with the service department. They found the 20amp fuse block split into two pieces and this caused it to short out the GoPower Solar Controller. Under warranty so hope they can get it replaced. Had to cancel an upcoming trip and lost half of the reservation fee. 😡
GrampsInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:40 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrampsInTexas View Post
Veronica, We have had our IBEX for 6 months and have the same issue with the GoPower Solar Controller. Error code 601. I thought it might be a fuse but couldn't find one for the solar panel Gave up and took it to the dealer to figure it all out. During our last camping trip the Thetford toilet valve would not shut off so the bowl would fill up. Had to turn the water off so that is also being looked at. I read that the water control valve (plastic) frequently malfunctions.
Dealer found there was a fuse that had broke in half which shortage out the Solar Controller. Still under warranty and dealer had to have Forest River ok the parts for repair. Parts now on order with ETA of 28 Sep 2021.
Old 09-17-2021, 06:14 AM   #44

IBEX

Quote:
Dealer found there was a fuse that had broke in half which shortage out the Solar Controller. Still under warranty and dealer had to have Forest River ok the parts for repair. Parts now on order with ETA of 28 Sep 2021.

Would you happen to know what fuse the dealer replaced and exactly where it was in or on the camper so if this occurs to another IBEX owner we may attempt to replace the fuse ourselves? If not can you find out?

Thank you for the update!

AM
Amartin453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 06:26 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartin453 View Post
Would you happen to know what fuse the dealer replaced and exactly where it was in or on the camper so if this occurs to another IBEX owner we may attempt to replace the fuse ourselves? If not can you find out?

Thank you for the update!

AM
Under the belly there is an access panel held on with screws. If you remove the screws you can see if the fuse block is broken. I didn't actually see this but dealer explained it as I have described. I believe someone else on the thread showed a picture of where the wires enter and exit the fuse block with a red arrow. Since they say mine had broken in half which allowed the wires to touch it fried the solar controller. They are replacing my Solar Controller. I had the error code 601
Old 09-17-2021, 10:06 PM   #46

Quote:
Under the belly there is an access panel held on with screws. If you remove the screws you can see if the fuse block is broken. I didn't actually see this but dealer explained it as I have described. I believe someone else on the thread showed a picture of where the wires enter and exit the fuse block with a red arrow. Since they say mine had broken in half which allowed the wires to touch it fried the solar controller. They are replacing my Solar Controller. I had the error code 601

Thank you for the specifics!
Old 11-20-2021, 02:58 PM   #47
DHG

Has anyone rewired their solar controller? I am getting the same issue the B01/601 error. I am also going to want to upgrade my solar and batteries at some point as well. I know I will need a new controller and inverter(run everything). Do any of you know if I would have to replace the converter as well? I have the 19qbs and the local shop told me 1 month before they can get it in, then another 3 weeks before they even look at it. Figure I should just do it myself and not worry about anyone messing it up if it's not too hard to do.
DHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 06:48 PM   #48

Same Error Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRod View Post
Hi! We have had our IBEX 19MBH for about a month and have taken it out to our local RV Park to test everything out. The only issue we noticed is that the GoPower Solar controller panel (that was placed over the toilet in the 19MBH restroom) isn't working. The controller is blinking with code 601- which from the research we've done means there is a bad/wrong connection between the battery and the controller. We think that our dealer got some wires mixed up, also. We have tried everything to try and fix this issue ourselves (with the help of the GoPower tech support), but we have had no luck. We plan to take it to the dealer next month since they are pretty far from us. I did see that under the RV there is a patch that is accessible by unscrewing some screws. I'm wondering if this is where the reset switch is for the battery?

I'm relieved to know there is a good thread going now for the new IBEX! I love everything about mine minus this minor issue. I hope can be resolved so we can take advantage of the solar addition!

Love & Gratitude,
Veronica
Veronica,

We have the same unit and same error code. We took it back to RV United in June. They contacted Forrest River who contacted GoPro. RV United found a shorted fuse connection. Took 2 months going thru warranty before a new controller was sent. When RV United connected the new controller it burnt a hole in the new controller. They think something is causing the issue with the solar panel. So they contacted Forrest River again and they wanted pictures of the solar panels. It is now past the middle of November and still don’t have our unit fixed yet. We bought it in January 2021 and only used it two times. Never even used the solar system. So all summer and Fall no camping. I have noticed several problems listed here about GoPro system and malfunctioning controller. Hope you don’t experience what we’re going thru.

Gramps
Old 01-05-2022, 07:22 PM   #49

I have the same unit, we have had a few issues too, mostly with the dump valves, now all replaced. We have the same door issue, pain in the ass to close almost impossible, what was the fix would be good to know!
Our outlets, Microwave and AC only work when on shore power, so if your not connected to a generator or shore power they will not work and will trip the GIF.
We have been lucky and have used our trailer many times over the last year. Next venture is getting it setup for ski trips.
manatrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 10:56 PM   #50

IBEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by manatrader View Post
I have the same unit, we have had a few issues too, mostly with the dump valves, now all replaced. We have the same door issue, pain in the ass to close almost impossible, what was the fix would be good to know!

Our outlets, Microwave and AC only work when on shore power, so if your not connected to a generator or shore power they will not work and will trip the GIF.

We have been lucky and have used our trailer many times over the last year. Next venture is getting it setup for ski trips.

My dump valve fell off in transit so I purchased a new one on Amazon. I also contacted FR warranty division and they sent me a new one, now I have a spare.

Regarding the door issue, try these three things:

1. Check that there is not a small block semi glued to the bottom corner frame of the door. If so remove

2. Make sure your stairs are dropped all the way down so it sits flat on the edge of the doorway.

3. Hold door lever in the open position when closing the door then release. This works 100% of the time and is very smooth with not having to slam the door anymore!

Regarding the electrical issue;

I’ve always been hooked up to shore power to some degree so I’ve not experienced the outlets, microwave or AC not working.

Your solar/Inverter should allow you to run the outlets and appliances with no problem when not hooked up to shore power. If not, check the inverter switches are in the auto/on position. There is one switch next to the bed outlets GFI. The other switch is on the inverter in the front pass through storage area in the middle.
Old 04-27-2022, 06:01 PM   #51

Over the winter months we have made a couple small improvements to our IBEX 23 RLDS;
First was the bump out table, we now have it hinged to the wall, making it easy to convert to a bed and stable as a table. We just simple pull out the support post and it just swings down in the bed position.
Next was we made the storage under the bench seats accessible from above, by removing the 1/4 in plywood and replacing it with heavier 1/2 and added hinges to it. Now its so easy to access items any place under the bench seats. This should be standard feature.
We relocated the converter in the pass through storage area. I'm not sure if this is a dealer add item, but ours was located right in the middle of the pass through so it was getting hit all the time. I opened up the side panel inside the pass through storage area right next to the GFI and the on off button for the converter and installed it within this space. Plenty room and ventilation if you leave gaps at the end.
Last upgrade was an RV Lock Box for the batteries, looks way better and keeps your batteries from growing legs and walk off.
Old 04-28-2022, 11:18 AM   #52

Thank you, I found out what my issue was, the coffee maker pulls to many watts and tripping the GFI. I've done some reading and with my inverter it looks like anything which pulls more than 800W will trip the GFI and my unit can't run it. Simple answer don't use the coffee maker when not hooked to the generator or shore power.
Old 04-28-2022, 12:13 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by manatrader View Post
Thank you, I found out what my issue was, the coffee maker pulls to many watts and tripping the GFI. I've done some reading and with my inverter it looks like anything which pulls more than 800W will trip the GFI and my unit can't run it. Simple answer don't use the coffee maker when not hooked to the generator or shore power.
Thanks for sharing what you found.
If you use k-cups, all you need is hot water and one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 04-28-2022, 12:31 PM   #54
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Thanks for sharing what you found.

If you use k-cups, all you need is hot water and one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I've been using one of these, for over 6 years. Like a Keurig French press.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 12:11 AM   #55

My 19 MBH did not come with doors on the overhead cabinets and the factory said they forgot to install them. kinda like it like that.
cptnmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 08:52 AM   #56

Ibex 20BHS sink cover?

Has anyone found a decent cover for the round sink in the ibex? Just looking to create more counter space when not using the sink..
Nordinefamily4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 08:51 AM   #57

Ours came with a round cover specially made for it, did your trailer not come with one? If not, contact the dealer or Forest River directly and Im sure they will send you one. Ours does slide off occasionally so I store it while in transit.
Old 06-02-2022, 12:27 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordinefamily4 View Post
Has anyone found a decent cover for the round sink in the ibex? Just looking to create more counter space when not using the sink..
I think the key to this post is "decent". The plastic cover for the sink is too light.. never know where it will wind up after transport and shifts around. I've been thinking about getting a nice piece of butcher block cut to fit using the flimsy cover as a template.
eisland99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 12:37 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartin453 View Post

Regarding the door issue, try these three things:

1. Check that there is not a small block semi glued to the bottom corner frame of the door. If so remove

2. Make sure your stairs are dropped all the way down so it sits flat on the edge of the doorway.

3. Hold door lever in the open position when closing the door then release. This works 100% of the time and is very smooth with not having to slam the door anymore!

Regarding the electrical issue;

I’ve always been hooked up to shore power to some degree so I’ve not experienced the outlets, microwave or AC not working.

Your solar/Inverter should allow you to run the outlets and appliances with no problem when not hooked up to shore power. If not, check the inverter switches are in the auto/on position. There is one switch next to the bed outlets GFI. The other switch is on the inverter in the front pass through storage area in the middle.
We have no issues with our inverter powering all AC outlets in our rig.. however, all outlets are sharing the 1000W inverter so you have to be careful not to exceed. The inverter will NOT run the Microwave, a Keurig (heat up), the on board vacuum, or of course the AC. The inverter is not needed for anything that is 12V - such as your puck lights, awning, awning lights, slide out, tv, fan on your heater, magic fans, etc. Heating pads for tanks, water heater, and our refrigerator run off propane .. except we can switch refrigerator and water heater to electric if we have shore power.

We do have issues from time to time with the remote button inside the rig for the inverter when the button is pressed on the unit in the front storage compartment due to shifting gear... but that's another issue.

Our unit had the door and step issues from day one... turns out we were missing pieces and the stair legs were too long .. personally I think the solid steps are way overrated if you are a boondocker and I don't think the unit sits high enough for the stairs that are on our rig. Anyway we had that all taken care of via warranty work.
eisland99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 07:28 AM   #60

New Ibex owner here. 19QTH.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11860D0F-D014-42EB-A196-55F5E27F983F.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	698.8 KB
ID:	280767   Click image for larger version

Name:	CE536439-9900-42E2-A9FE-BB04E4A1B4F3.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	632.5 KB