Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2021, 11:16 PM   #1

IBEX

Anyway to add a forum specific for the IBEX travel trailers, itís a new model by Forest River?

Im sure there will be other looking for some conversation about the pros, cons and issues they will have at some point.

I almost forgot to mention we traded our 2016 Forest River Rockwood Premier 2516g in three weeks ago and purchased the IBEX 19 QBS.

Thanks for the input in advance,
AM
Amartin453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 10:21 PM   #2

I just bought a Ibex 19QBS last week
How do you like yours?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210129_183115.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	302.2 KB
ID:	247184  
Troystud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troystud View Post

How do you like yours?

Congrats!!!!!

Really like the way itís built and the design, weíre doing some small modifications i.e. adding two lid struts instead of one for the bed lid and rounded/sanded the wood bed lid corners. Also adding a plastic floor protector for the pass through storage compartment and cabinets with sinks.

We going on the maiden voyage next week so Iíll be able to give a good review at that time.

On another not I requested a forum be added for specially the IBEX models. Received a quick response and they are looking into it.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:03 PM   #4

Second the idea of ibex sub forum. Going to be a lot of new owners looking for a place to discuss this camper.
kellerm31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:42 PM   #5

IBEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellerm31 View Post
Second the idea of ibex sub forum. Going to be a lot of new owners looking for a place to discuss this camper.

I tried messaging one of the Administrators who said they would look into it. I did a follow-up over a week ago and have not received a response. Maybe try the same.

On another note, I just stripped one of my lug nuts now it just spins! Make sure you use the correct size 3/4 six sided socket.

I just wanted to torque the lug nuts down after putting 150 miles on the tires of our IBEX.
Old 03-15-2021, 11:16 PM   #6

Quote:

How do you like yours?

So we finally took our maiden voyage to Wekiva Falls Resort in Florida for 7 days. Our travel time was about 2 hours and 50 minutes at 60mph. We had minimal traffic traveling on some major interstates/ local roads. We averaged 11.2 mpg towing with our 2021 Nissan Pathfinder. Have airbags and Equalizer 2 sway/distribution hitch.

Weather was high 80s during the day and 60s at night. The AC and furnace both worked great. Used water heater on propane then electric. Both had quick recovery time and never ran out of hot water (just wife and I showering back to back).

Refrigerator/freezer kept all the food cold and 10 lb bag of ice and other frozen items solid. Stove top and microwave also worked without any issues.

Shower was excellent. We are on day 4 and the Gray tank seemed to fill quickly. We emptied it almost every day so far when it read 2/3 full. Black tank we have not emptied yet and still reads Empty. Will monitor and update as soon as we empty.

Central vac system was very convenient (had to purchase the hose and attachments).

Curious to know if the hose and attachments came with other IBEX purchases?

We cooked on the outdoor griddle after I seasoned it. The griddle was great- cooked eggs and steaks the first two days then used another grill with the group we camp with.

We added a 4Ē topper to the queen bed and it was super comfortable. Need to get some sort of window darkener to block the light as the accordion shades do not block the light enough for us in the early morning hours.

Solar/shore power kept battery charged at 13.1V.

Interior and exterior storage is adequate, the wife and I were able to fit everything we needed and more. Still had plenty of room to fit other items if needed in the rear of our pathfinder, it was practically empty.

I am giving the 2021 IBEX 19 qbs a 10 out of a 10 so far.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:25 AM   #7

Name:	IMG_0291.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	325.4 KB
ID:	249845Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0289.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	358.5 KB
ID:	249846Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0290.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	249847
Old 03-29-2021, 06:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.TheOutdoorLife.us View Post
I agree we need our own space, show us some love people!

Congrats on the new purchase. The wife and I love it trailer no issues so far!
Old 03-30-2021, 05:40 PM   #9

We have been on 3 trips since January 2021 with our 19 QBS and haven't had any MFG issues with it. The dealer that we bought it from did some bad battery wiring but we fixed it. It pulls nicely, the heater works great. Haven't used the AC yet. All in all noting to really complain about. I wish it was a little higher off the ground I'm worried the jacks or plumbing might hit something.

The gray water tank fills up fast , we just ordered a Camco Rhino portable tank so we can off load the gray water into that and continue to use our gray tank on the trailer. We also added a bike carrier to the front. We can carry 2 bikes and maybe it will protect the windshield from rocks. Still figuring out the solar and batteries. They seem to work pretty well just not 100% how long they will last with solar. We have 2 6volt batteries.

We asked the dealer if they could upgrade the 1 propane tank to 2 he said they cant. he said no room.. I've seen kits online I might just do it myself.

Pretty happy with ours.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Ibex 19.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	594.5 KB
ID:	250851   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ibex 19qbs.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	541.9 KB
ID:	250852  
Old 03-30-2021, 05:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartin453 View Post

Central vac system was very convenient (had to purchase the hose and attachments).

Curious to know if the hose and attachments came with other IBEX purchases?
Ours didn't come with any central vacuum attachments. Where did you get yours?
Old 03-30-2021, 09:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Ours didn't come with any central vacuum attachments. Where did you get yours?

We purchased the vacuum hose and attachments from Intervacdesign.com.

Make sure you get the CS9/CS10 stretch hose accessory kit, or it may not fit. We paid $90, itís made extremely well and will last (it better for that much).

We felt the grey tank filled up very fast as well. We started to keep the grey tank valve open only when showering.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:36 AM   #12

We headed out with our IBEX 20BHS to a campground in Delaware last week (200 miles). It was one of the few campgrounds near us that was opened coming from the North East. We arrived and hoped they turned on the water but they didn't. So we had to fill up almost everyday. They did have sewer so we were able to leave the gray water valve open.

We learned that our 40 gallon fresh water tank sensor was way off.
1/3 = 5 gallons in the tank
2/3 = 11 gallons in the tank
Full = 11 to 40 gallons in the tank

It was also the second trip we took with our upgraded equalizers to the Road armor. The trailer felt so smooth going down the highways and no more crazy rattles going over pot holes.
ecbc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:24 AM   #13

Quote:
We purchased the vacuum hose and attachments from Intervacdesign.com.

Make sure you get the CS9/CS10 stretch hose accessory kit, or it may not fit. We paid $90, itís made extremely well and will last (it better for that much).
Thanks, I found them online
Old 04-01-2021, 04:08 PM   #14

IBEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecbc1 View Post
We headed out with our IBEX 20BHS to a campground in Delaware last week (200 miles). It was one of the few campgrounds near us that was opened coming from the North East. We arrived and hoped they turned on the water but they didn't. So we had to fill up almost everyday. They did have sewer so we were able to leave the gray water valve open.

We learned that our 40 gallon fresh water tank sensor was way off.
1/3 = 5 gallons in the tank
2/3 = 11 gallons in the tank
Full = 11 to 40 gallons in the tank

It was also the second trip we took with our upgraded equalizers to the Road armor. The trailer felt so smooth going down the highways and no more crazy rattles going over pot holes.

We felt that our grey and black tank sensors may have been off based on how fast the gray tank filled and how long it took for our black tank to even register. Our fresh water sensors seem to work fine based on our water usage. How were you gaging your water usage i.e. 1/3 = 5 gallons? Anyways thanks for post.

We are really enjoying our Ibex and donít have any complaints although we inly had it for a two months.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:37 AM   #15

Quote:
How were you gaging your water usage i.e. 1/3 = 5 gallons?
I got tired of driving the RV to the water spigot when I ran out of water. Good thing I had a 5 Gallon water container and a 1 gallon hot water kettle.

My tank was empty and I filled with the 5 gallons. That's how I discovered the sensor was way off
Old 04-02-2021, 09:14 AM   #16
Adventurer Blogger

Guys, I see many posts about water levels and sensors and a lot of pf confusion. What I do is I have the Gardena Water Smart Flow Meter, which allows me to measure consumption by session, day, and season (or until reset). For new RVs and periodically checking sensors, I'll drain all three tanks completely. Fill each individually, checking these sensor levels and viewing the actual water added. This gives me a reasonably accurate reading at each sensor level, and I know what each means. While hooked to water, I use this in conjunction with a pressure regulator and watch the total water used during a trip. This lets me know how much I am consuming even if I am tapped into the sewers.

Knowing what electric, water, and propane you are consuming and how/when it's being consumed is vital to a stress-free Boondocking trip, and campgrounds will full hookups are excellent places to play and test the numbers!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007NHRSOY
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 9.13.30 AM.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	250993  
csgaraglino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:50 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecbc1 View Post
I got tired of driving the RV to the water spigot when I ran out of water. Good thing I had a 5 Gallon water container and a 1 gallon hot water kettle.

My tank was empty and I filled with the 5 gallons. That's how I discovered the sensor was way off

No doubt, enjoy!
Old 04-07-2021, 01:18 PM   #18

Quote:
We have been on 3 trips since January 2021 with our 19 QBS and haven't had any MFG issues with it. The dealer that we bought it from did some bad battery wiring but we fixed it. It pulls nicely, the heater works great. Haven't used the AC yet. All in all noting to really complain about. I wish it was a little higher off the ground I'm worried the jacks or plumbing might hit something.

The gray water tank fills up fast , we just ordered a Camco Rhino portable tank so we can off load the gray water into that and continue to use our gray tank on the trailer. We also added a bike carrier to the front. We can carry 2 bikes and maybe it will protect the windshield from rocks. Still figuring out the solar and batteries. They seem to work pretty well just not 100% how long they will last with solar. We have 2 6volt batteries.

We asked the dealer if they could upgrade the 1 propane tank to 2 he said they cant. he said no room.. I've seen kits online I might just do it myself.

Pretty happy with ours.
Hi! We have had our IBEX 19MBH for about a month and have taken it out to our local RV Park to test everything out. The only issue we noticed is that the GoPower Solar controller panel (that was placed over the toilet in the 19MBH restroom) isn't working. The controller is blinking with code 601- which from the research we've done means there is a bad/wrong connection between the battery and the controller. We think that our dealer got some wires mixed up, also. We have tried everything to try and fix this issue ourselves (with the help of the GoPower tech support), but we have had no luck. We plan to take it to the dealer next month since they are pretty far from us. I did see that under the RV there is a patch that is accessible by unscrewing some screws. I'm wondering if this is where the reset switch is for the battery?

I'm relieved to know there is a good thread going now for the new IBEX! I love everything about mine minus this minor issue. I hope can be resolved so we can take advantage of the solar addition!

Love & Gratitude,
Veronica
JimRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:42 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRod View Post
Hi! We have had our IBEX 19MBH for about a month and have taken it out to our local RV Park to test everything out. The only issue we noticed is that the GoPower Solar controller panel (that was placed over the toilet in the 19MBH restroom) isn't working. The controller is blinking with code 601- which from the research we've done means there is a bad/wrong connection between the battery and the controller. We think that our dealer got some wires mixed up, also. We have tried everything to try and fix this issue ourselves (with the help of the GoPower tech support), but we have had no luck. We plan to take it to the dealer next month since they are pretty far from us. I did see that under the RV there is a patch that is accessible by unscrewing some screws. I'm wondering if this is where the reset switch is for the battery?

I'm relieved to know there is a good thread going now for the new IBEX! I love everything about mine minus this minor issue. I hope can be resolved so we can take advantage of the solar addition!

Love & Gratitude,
Veronica

The error I got was P01, and that was reverse polarity to the controller. My dealer missed that in the PDI. I fixed that myself by reversing the connections behind the controller in the bathroom.

If Gopower wasn't able to help, then the best bet would be the dealer. Did they have you troubleshoot it?

If the issue is between the controller and the battery, then perhaps its disconnected between the controller to the battery or the wire fell off in your battery box. There isn't a reset switch on the battery, its just postive or negative terminals.

g/l
Old 04-12-2021, 11:16 PM   #20

IBEX Sub-group

Quote:
I tried messaging one of the Administrators who said they would look into it. I did a follow-up over a week ago and have not received a response. Maybe try the same.
OK, it's April 2021. Do you think 5 years is enough time to add an IBEX sub-group?

Or are we just the red-headed bastard stepchildren?

Pretty please?