Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2019, 06:32 PM   #1

No Bo 16.7? Feed back ideas

Hello, we were looking at the Geo Pro 19s, but looked at a NB 16.7 on the dealers lot today and aren't sure which way to go now. Would be interested in any owners that have the 16.7 and what they think about it or just any feed back from any NB owners. Anyone know what changes are in the 2020 models, should we wait or buy off the lot now. Thanks,
ibbooklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:41 PM   #2

Lightbulb

We were on the fence between the 16.5 and 16.7, but went with the 16.5 end the end for two reasons: 1) 400 lbs lighter 2) Less moving parts without the slideout. We did like the kitchen location and overall layout of the 16.7. Also wish the 16.5 had a range vent/hood, but it all came back to weight savings for us since we're pulling with a V6 Tacoma. I do like the high clearance on the no-bo line...I feel like that reduces my chance of damaging the camper on curbs and rocks at campsites, not so much for serious off roading.

I just added a second 12v battery, and now looking at adding a backup camera. The 16.5 doesn't come pre-wired for one so I'll have to tap into the lights I guess. The no-bo also doesn't have an inverter built in so you'd need a separate one if you want 110v when not connected to shore power. If you are connected to shore power there are a few interior/exterior receptacles that supply 110v. The unit we got didn't come with an electric tongue jack, but we didn't want the extra weight anyway.

We do like the front window on the 16.5 - not sure if the geo-pro has one but it is nice to have. I think they both have solar inputs, awnings, and outside showers.

So far we've been really happy with it. There are a few finish issues, but nothing that a few minutes of handy work can't resolve. Not sure about changes to the 2020 line but I can't imagine they'd be much different other than the amount of time it's been sitting out in the elements on the dealer's lot. We have a 2019.

Happy to answer any specifics if you have questions.

Good luck!

campwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 06:05 PM   #3

I would get the 2020 model, or make sure it was built after July 2018, those are the ones with Azdel. I didn't realize my did NOT have Azdel when I bought it. I just looked at forest rivers site, it said they were built with Azdel, I bought a 2019 model, but it was made in March of 2018 and DID NOT have azdel backing.
KC5LAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:48 PM   #4

We have a 2019 19.5 and absolutely love it. We had a few minor issues but all stuff that was easily taken care of by us. My spare tire carrier broke, so I ended up upgrading to a sturdier unit. We are currently on the first leg of a 12 day trip, and thos os the 3rd time we have had the trailer out. It pulls like a dream.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190530_153908.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	206003
poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by poriggity View Post
We have a 2019 19.5 and absolutely love it. We had a few minor issues but all stuff that was easily taken care of by us. My spare tire carrier broke, so I ended up upgrading to a sturdier unit. We are currently on the first leg of a 12 day trip, and thos os the 3rd time we have had the trailer out. It pulls like a dream.
Attachment 206003
We have a 2018 19.5. We love it! The only real issue we have had is with the thermostat. It won't stay on the wall.
overbyt is offline   Reply With Quote