Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2020, 08:33 AM   #1

No Boundaries 19.8 bathroom faucet replacement ?

I want to replace the bathroom faucet. When I tried to look under the cabinet (very hard to do!) I see that it has two of each hot and cold lines going to it (city and tank water I assume).

Can the existing faucet be replaced by a standard commercial faucet? (eg, are those connections separate from the faucet?)

Anyone done this or have direct experience?

I haven't yet found an example of this setup online. Nor drawings of the layout. I am probably going to have to remove the sink just to access the faucet as well. So much project creep...
GAWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:57 PM   #2
New to RVing

Bathroom faucet replacment

We replaced the bathroom faucet after our first trip in early May. We used an RV, not a commercial, but we are all very happy with the replacement after 4 additional trips.

It's plastic (light) but works well and gets the water in a place that allows it to go down the drain vs. all over the counter.

The one we used was a DuraFaucet DF-PL260. Very little work and I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Mr_Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 03:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Spark View Post
We replaced the bathroom faucet after our first trip in early May. We used an RV, not a commercial, but we are all very happy with the replacement after 4 additional trips.

It's plastic (light) but works well and gets the water in a place that allows it to go down the drain vs. all over the counter.

The one we used was a DuraFaucet DF-PL260. Very little work and I would do it again in a heartbeat.
This is good to know, thanks for sharing the model. I will do this too. That faucet is really annoying. So is the shower faucet.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by climb.on View Post
This is good to know, thanks for sharing the model. I will do this too. That faucet is really annoying. So is the shower faucet.
I find the majority of OEM faucets I have replaced on mine and friends RVs are Dura. Many better faucets out there that will fit (they are all pretty much industry standards) at any hardware store or big box like Lowes or HD.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:33 PM   #5
Just as confused as you

Having two cold and hot water line connected to your faucet means one pair comes from the water supply lines, the other pair goes on to the inside shower, kitchen sink or outside shower. You have one incoming supply to your RV coming from the city water and that is connected to the same line from the water pump which pulls from the fresh water holding tank. From there it may go to a filter then to the water heater where it is split into a line for cold water and a line to the water heater.

Attached is a generic plumbing diagram, your specific plumbing may be different but will basically follow the same layout.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Generic plumbing_01.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	240187  
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, faucet, replacement, roo