Old 08-14-2020, 01:46 PM   #1

NoBo 19.3 2021 mid-year change

Picked up my new 19.3 from JCRV Nation this past Saturday and spent a couple of nights solo in it on my way back home. The latest changes delete the door window and add an outdoor “Bush Kitchen” according to their customer service. The lack of window on the door was somewhat of a surprise but by no means detracts from the features that made me gravitate towards this floorplan. Also deleted from the outside was the normal outdoor shower but instead they added a quick connect spray port on the camp side of the trailer, nice feature for easily washing off sandy toes. Downside to the spray port is now there is a hose running under one of the two storage areas underneath the dinette seating. This bin is now screwed shut to avoid inadvertently disconnecting the water line. I suppose I can fashion a box to fit around the hose and attach to the floor so as to make use of the underseat storage again.

The "Bush Kitchen" includes a track now permanently affixed to the outside of the camper side above the wheel well, a Suburban propane griddle with quick connect, a side table which can be mounted on the track as well as the frame for the griddle to be mounted on that same track.

This "track" was mounted just a few inches above the wheel well and when I went to place the table on the track it would only sit level(ish) on the very left side of the track by the adventure door. The 110 outlet also hinders placement so again, one place for the table. No worries, at least it has a home at camp when needed. The frame for the griddle however when mounted on the track does not firmly rest as intended with the bottom portion of the legs braced by the side of the camper. Instead, the legs hang below the top of the wheel well and is only supported at mid-point by the somewhat flexible molding of the wheel well. Not a stable scenario for any cooking apparatus.

Just curious if anyone else has taken delivery on a mid-year change NoBo with the new "Bush kitchen" and experiencing the same faulty design implementation.

I still need to go through and de-winterize the unit and to that, I have yet to use any of the plumbing. This is my first new unit and living in Florida never had the need to winterize/de-winterize before. We basically use year round.

Overall, very happy with the unit. Just find it amazing the lack of thought that goes into the finished product on something that should be painfully obvious.

I have contacted Forest River regarding the issue and sent pictures as well. Ultimately hoping they correct the design flaw for future units. Link to the photos below:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1R8tvDdGWR2JAYUr8
BurlyAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:19 PM   #2

19.3 Mid-Year Change - Bush Kitchen?

I pick up my new 19.3 on Saturday and was just going through the total options list. Mine shows the "Bush Kitchen" as well. I didn't know what that was so i searched on it and found your post! I'll be curious to see how it all fits together.

The dealer shot me a picture and sure enough, the glass in the door is gone. I have to say, that is a little annoying but I'll try to keep an open mind about it. I'll let you know how mine works once i get my hands on it this weekend. Cheers!
NorthGAHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:19 PM   #3

My friends at Forest River appear to have taken care of the rail placement for the Bush Kitchen in the newer units. I saw recent pics from a dealership that shows the rail directly under the window outside the dinette and raised up high enough now to allow clearance of the wheel well for the support frame of the griddle. Unfortuately I was told yesterday that the backer plate which supports the rail cannot be moved on my unit and I basically have to live with what I have. I responded by asking if Forest River deemed the placement I have as "safe to use" for the intended purpose of supporting the griddle. Still waiting for a response but can't say I have any confidence in them at this point.

The window in the door isn't that big a deal, especially since the dinette area has such a large window right next to it. Would have been nice if the awning were a bit longer to allow for a matching window next to the murphy/sofa set-up.

Something to keep in mind; I had intended to carry kayaks on top and did over labor day weekend. On a 10 ft. high unit adding approximately 6 inches to the bottom of the kayak carrier and say a 30" wide kayak, you're pushing 13 1/2 feet of clearance needed. Driving down Hwy 98 on the Florida panhandle through Mary Esther/Fort Walton Beach there is a section heavy with oak canopy. Not sure what the traffic signals are mounted at but several times I looked in my side view (adjusted so I could see up and over the trailer) and looked to be barely clearing the the bottom of the traffic lights. Additionally, I'm not 28 anymore and loading/unloading the kayaks that high up is much more trouble than it's worth. I'll utilize the Rhino kayak carriers attached to newly purchased SeaSucker Monkey Bars on the Tundra and bedcap for future trips.

Overall, I really like the 19.3. We are a family of three and my 11 yr old son loves the roominess of the bunks. No ladder is included and one is definitely needed. Murphy bed makes complete sense but the mattress needs either a memory foam topper or replaced totally. Spray out port on the campsite side is great and used frequently.
We save a lot of time prior/post trips by loading/unloading through the adventure door to the bottom bunk. Once clothes and food are in then enter the unit and place where needed. Ikea Kuggis storage boxes fit like a glove in the storage above the dinette and I highly recommend for the 6" depth of the cabinet. Refrigerator size is awesome but there is a lack of countertop space. I actually keep my coffeemaker under the bottom bunk accessible through the adventure door and brew outside utilizing the included table that attaches to the rail.

Generally the issues are minor so far. Makes sure you have the dealership show you the water pump and have THEM dewinterize if your going to be using before winter as it is a pain in it's existing location. We had trim coming off the outside of the bunk area immediately but I replaced the cheap nails with a better brad nail that doesn't pull through.

Would love to have had our unit back in June when we visited Tallulah Falls. Next year!
Old 09-30-2020, 06:19 AM   #4

Picked up the 19.3!

So we did get pick up our new 19.3 this past Saturday. We pulled the trigger on the Equalizer 1,000/10,000 model at the dealer and it seemed to do really well pulling it home. Will report back once we go on our first adventure. Was recommended to get the "bracket jackets" so I have those on order.

The rail for the "Bush Kitchen" is indeed moved under the window and over the wheel well on mine. It looks like it will do okay, We got shorted the griddle (which they had to order) but with the metal frame it appears to clear the wheel well fine.

Good points on the carrying Kayaks and the clearance. I was wondering the same thing. 13.5' is pretty tall, and will definitely have to watch where i'm taking this thing.

Once we laid on the bed 1 time, we agreed that a mattress topper was going to be needed. So, we ordered the Lucid 3" topper (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) For $94, it seemed like a good option to try given the reviews. We'll see how that works!

Great idea on the Ikea Kuggis boxes, had not seen those before. Will get some right away. Which sizes did you get as there seems to be a bunch of different dimensions for those?

Agree on the countertop space. Another thing I did not get was a sink cover, although I see them in the brochures. Did you get one for your kitchen sink?

Good idea on the coffee maker. Might be just the spot for it!

We had the thin plywood trim under the murphy bed sofa hanging loose, so i tacked it back in place with the brad nailer...no big deal.

A lot of people talk about the Solar Kit and dual propane tanks. Will have to consider both, sooner or later I guess. Will try it a few times first and see how everything works!

Thanks for the tips!
Old 09-30-2020, 12:05 PM   #5

Hope you enjoy the 19.3 as much as we do. The floorplan was huge for us.

Good choice on the Lucid 3" topper. We purchased a 2" Lucid and I wish I would have gotten the 3" for just a little more cushioning. Makes the bed sit a bit higher but still not as tall as home.

I purchased three different sizes of the Kuggis storage box:

KUGGIS blue, plastic, 10 ¼x13 ¾x3 ¼ " 204.626.36
blue, plastic, 10 ¼x13 ¾x6 " 404.626.35
blue, plastic, 7x10 ¼x3 ¼ " 704.626.34

The 10 1/4" depth of all the sizes is what makes them work so well. Used different colors and labeling identification efficiency. The lack of kitchen drawers for utensils makes these more necessary.

Cheers!
Old 09-30-2020, 12:08 PM   #6

And yes, the sink cover was included. Check underneath the sofa/murphy and under the rear dinette seat. If you didn't get it, contact your dealer and have them send one; it's a necessity.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:41 AM   #7

I just got the same unit as my first trailer! Going to for sure get a matress topper for my Murphy bed!
TravelDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 04:12 PM   #8

Took it out for our first trip this past weekend for 2 nights. I have to say, everything worked really really well. The 3" topper was certainly appreciated. The heater works very well and we were comfortable the whole time. One thing that really is a nice feature to me are the adjustable stairs. I'm not a small guy at 6'4"/225lbs and it seems like every other RV with stairs that are just attached to the unit feel very flimsy. With the ability to adjust the height of the stairs that rest firmly on the ground, well it makes all the difference. You feel like you are on something very sturdy.

I could NOT figure out the water pump, as it was just blowing and sputtering. I asked the question in the FaceBook group, and got the answer...the valve on the winterize hose was open, closing the hose to the fresh water tank. Flip that 90 degrees and it worked fine.

I do wish there was more counter space and a drawer for utensils. I'm going to have to figure something out there!
Old 10-06-2020, 10:04 AM   #9

Did you undo the panel on the left side of the Murphy bed to access this? I haven’t used my pump yet (albeit having it run for 6 hours inadvertently) but want to see if mine is same. Which I’m assuming it is. Thanks
VA Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 08:15 AM   #10

Water pump is inside the lower left cabinet of the murphy bed. I'm still waiting for a valve replacement from JCRV and/or Forest River as mine was sputtering as well only to find it was open. Unfortunately, something is keeping it from turning more than 1/8 of a turn so the air leak still occurs. Was looking to replace with a higher quality valve from Camco but there is so little room and limited access to the area which it sits that I'll wait for the OEM replacement.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:48 PM   #11

Accessing Water Pump

Yes, exactly, on the 19.3 the water pump is behind the access panel just to the left of the Murphy bed. 2 Philips screws and you can get to it. There a simple gate valve close to the pump there that changes between open to the fresh water tank and open to the winterizing hose. Hope that helps!