Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2021, 03:20 PM   #1

NOBO 19.6 Purchase Help

Greetings, Just looking for some rookie help for a possible 19.6 purchase.
Quick summary of options I should have or pay for up front, etc. I know it is a small choice list but things like Solar, antenna, racks? etc, are they worth it?

What should come with the purchase regarding Hoses, tongue stabilizers?

We are looking at the one with the jackknife sofa for the extra sleeping capacity for the kid to sleep and not be squished but still have more then a two cushion couch to sit on during the day. (other choice was grand design MKE17, which only offered dinette or non bed movie style couch, not enough sleeping space.

Got a quote from nationwide dealer for 26.9K-ish for the NOBO then split shipping, local dealer is at 30k-ish on phone till I mentioned quote then said we will probably end up near my quote if options are the same. Local dealer is saying September for delivery.

1. Reviews are all over the place for the NOBO, GD MKE17 reviews tend to be better but it is pricier and same shipping delays. Nothing is available on lots locally so a deposit is imminent to purchase anything. I appreciate all thoughts and opinions on above statements, and NOBO perspectives of value at price range vs expectations. Overall opinion?

2. Truck is F150 3.5l Eco with class4 curt hitch and tow package w/ brake controller.

thank you very much
TridentColorLabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:00 PM   #2
Site Team

"What should come with the purchase regarding Hoses, tongue stabilizers?"

I have no idea what you mean by "tongue stabilizers". The only stabilizers will be scissor jacks at each corner of the chassis.
The only thing that comes with the RV, is the shore cord.
No hoses.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:50 PM   #3

Sometimes the dealer will throw in a very entry level RV convenience kit. Ours came with a basic fresh water hose, stinky slinky, toilet paper, and black water tank deodorizer. Expect to buy all you need, though.
Greywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:58 PM   #4
Cousins

I think tongue stabilizers refers to weight distribution hitch. Dealers are different from each other. Ask your dealer what is included in the deal. You can make the purchase package whatever you want it to have in it.
Old 06-15-2021, 05:05 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie and Catherine View Post
I think tongue stabilizers refers to weight distribution hitch. Dealers are different from each other. Ask your dealer what is included in the deal. You can make the purchase package whatever you want it to have in it.
Never heard of a WDH referred to as that.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 06-15-2021, 05:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie and Catherine View Post
You are correct, thank you
Old 06-15-2021, 05:36 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TridentColorLabs View Post
You are correct, thank you
Then that's something you purchase from the dealer or you can buy it yourself and have dealer install it, which is what I did. They are called a Weight Distribution Hitch. The best ones, such as the 4 point Equal-i-zer WDH, have integrated sway control.
Old 06-15-2021, 05:44 PM   #8

Our dealer quoted installation on a WDH, backup camera, and different battery types.
Old 06-15-2021, 07:17 PM   #9

So I see in these forums some had posted that the suggested MSRP and some dealer pricing is in the 30's however it seems some owners feel the NOBO may not be worth that, with that logic I would think mid to high 20's is more acceptable? or is this really what is should be and the game is sell it for mid to high 20's anyways from a dealer perspective?
Old 06-15-2021, 07:22 PM   #10

I guess it depends on how bad you want the trailer as to whether or not you hold or fold. The market is still pretty hot for the smaller trailers, so they may not want to negotiate if they have multiple interested parties.

I researched nationwide pricing on ours and we paid below the high end for ours, but it wasn't the cheapest (cheaper was just too far away). The dealer had 3 other people look at it the day we put money down to hold it.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywater View Post
I guess it depends on how bad you want the trailer as to whether or not you hold or fold. The market is still pretty hot for the smaller trailers, so they may not want to negotiate if they have multiple interested parties.

I researched nationwide pricing on ours and we paid below the high end for ours, but it wasn't the cheapest (cheaper was just too far away). The dealer had 3 other people look at it the day we put money down to hold it.

That's a good strategy as the nationwide rv wholesaler as they refer to themselves wants 3k to ship it, and I am not quite sure how warranty works if I need some service done if I bought it non-local. I've read some people stated it was not the same with the locals dealerships? (I assume maybe it doesn't work the same as a brand name car dealership for the same product?) not sure on that one, I am asking for clarification from locals.

That is a factor though as it may be worth to spend slightly more but have the local repair service access, etc.?
Old 06-16-2021, 04:01 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TridentColorLabs View Post
That's a good strategy as the nationwide rv wholesaler as they refer to themselves wants 3k to ship it, and I am not quite sure how warranty works if I need some service done if I bought it non-local. I've read some people stated it was not the same with the locals dealerships? (I assume maybe it doesn't work the same as a brand name car dealership for the same product?) not sure on that one, I am asking for clarification from locals.

That is a factor though as it may be worth to spend slightly more but have the local repair service access, etc.?
Do NOT make the mistake of thinking that the RV Industry operates like the Auto Industry.
The only things that they have in common, is that they both sell things with wheels.
Other than that, they couldn't be more different.
We bought our first new trailer from a dealer 2000 miles away but FR helped us find local dealers willing to do the warranty work. One didn’t even sell any FR products.
There are hundreds of posts about those that bought local, only to receive lousy service and treatment. Buying local is no guarantee of good service and treatment.
Old 06-17-2021, 06:39 PM   #13

Thanks for the help, ending up putting deposit down on one two states over had all the standard packages and back country, etc. also solar package, will be here in July. Forgot to ask if it has a backup camera or camera ready?
Old 06-17-2021, 06:42 PM   #14

Most of the ones I've seen are camera ready (although I readily admit to not knowing about the NoBo). The dealer will try to sell you the camera installation.
Old 06-20-2021, 06:47 AM   #15

My 2019 19.7 wasn’t camera ready. I bought a furion and installation wasn’t a big deal though drilling into your brand new trailer can be daunting.
Bcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 06:58 PM   #16
A Mile High & a Mile Deep

I'd wait for the Solar. On "delivery day" they tried to upsell us with "tire blowout protection - $300" (aka add a bunch of Slime(r) to the tires) and 100 Watt Solar for $1,400.
I passed on the solar since ours was "wired for Solar". I've since installed a 400 Watt Solar myself using their existing wiring and the equipment cost me about $600, with a 25 year performance warranty (in 25 years, the solar panels will produce 85% of their rated output - 85 watts instead of 100 watts).
It may have been the dealer that I purchased from . . . we love the NoBo but we've scraped the dealer's logo off the 4 places they put it on the unit.
Old 06-25-2021, 07:45 PM   #17
Cousins

I really dislike dealer advertising on anything I buy. They can negotiate an advertising contract with me to carry their little signs around or they can peel them off. My last car purchase, the dealer refused to removed them. They said it may scratch the paint. I removed them and left them on the dealer delivery floor.