RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 11-23-2020, 12:03 PM   #1

Nobo microwave and vacuum

Like many here we are new trailer owners. We have very little experience with our RVíing and 2nd graders with respect to understanding electrical terminology. That said ...

no power to the vacuum and microwave. Assume we do not need power source for these, rather they run off the battery system.

The fact that the microwave works off other outlets in the RV supports this and I do remember using the vacuum once when we were setting up the rig before our first trip.

Other form threads show that this might be a common issue. Noticed that there are many wires congregating underneath side out gap.

Breakers and fuses appear to be 0K visually
I donít have the equipment to test the breaker that might be tied to that side of the RV

Dealer cannot service until mid December. Not a game changer if we canít use the microwave and vacuum but with the amount of money spent it would be nice if were functional just three months into ownership

Thoughts?

Much appreciated. Brant
Brantw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:27 PM   #2

If not connected to shore power, confirm that you have both the battery and the power inverter on.
ChoreFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoreFanatic View Post
If not connected to shore power, confirm that you have both the battery and the power inverter on.
Thanks so much.. Assume battery power is on as interior lights, side out etc work and microwave powers up when plugged into another outlet. Invertor as well?
Brantw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:33 AM   #4

Those are two high power items. I would assume that they dont work unless connected to at least 30 amp service. Im no expert on power amperage and wattage, but they might be too much for battery power.

If they worked off battery before maybe if the battery is a little less charged there is some sort of cutoff mechanism. I know operating those with less than full power to them could damage their electronics
Jeffgt80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 01:08 PM   #5

Microwave is definitely 110v and uses quite a bit of power. It could run off an inverter but you'd likely need larger batteries to support use and have remaining 12v to power everything else. If you have or you add an inverter, make sure it's output will meet your needs (I'd think minimum size would be 2000 watts for the 'wave).

Those built-in vacs are pathetic gimmicks. An inexpensive Dyson cordless is superior. Not sure if 12v or 110v, so just plug your trailer into an extension cord from the house and try it ( if you don't have the adapter to use a regular house outlet, get one, everyone should have on in their kit).
DES-1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microwave