Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2021, 11:43 AM   #1

Questions about NoBo trailers please?

We are not novice campers or new to owning small to medium sized trailers. Have had new, old and done many repairs.

We presently have two trailers, which may be one too many, not sure yet!

We have a 1985 Avion by fleetwood, (similar to airstream) it’s 25’ long, and in excellent condition even though it is 35 years old. It is such a beauty, and so well built, I’m very reluctant to even consider selling it. BUT! We are also “vintage campers” and we do like to boondocks camp, and 25’ feet is just a bit big for some of the spots we like to get into.

Our other camper is a 2017 jayco jay flight Baja edition. It is only 14.5’ and a little on the small side for longer stays at the campground, but a breeze to pull and hitch up.

I’m quite impressed by the NoBo 9.6 floor plan, and am considering selling our two campers to just have that one.

If it weren’t for the poor reviews I read on line, I would probably be listing my present campers right now. I did go to the dealers and looked at one, and didn’t see any glaring defects in workmanship. I also know that people who have had bad experiences are quick to post a bad review and the ones who have no complaints are too busy camping to complain.

So I came to this forum to ask for people’s experience with this camper. Thanks!
debbiej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 09:38 AM   #2

Nobody?
Old 05-22-2021, 10:25 AM   #3
2020 NoBo 16.8

NoBo 16.8 Quality

I am reasonably happy with my 2020 NoBo 16.8 . Mfg Jan 2020. Picked up late March 2020. I looked it over really well at the dealer. Some cosmetic issues on the interior that were cleaned up with Magic Eraser and Elmers glue. We did discover that the queen bed support was #2 grade 2x2 with a lot of knots. These cracked the first night in use. Replaced with #1 grade and additional reinforcement. Other items need tweaking over time. Exterior door strike adjustment, spare tire rack - bent due to weight, replaced with stronger unit. Added a topper to the mattress.
It is a house on wheels that needs attention as it ages.
Old 05-22-2021, 10:46 AM   #4

Have you looked at the Geo Pro line? you mite wish to.
When NoBo vs Geo Pro is looked up the Geo Pro does win.

The Nobo is extream Boondocking while the Geo Pro Is Boondocking out of the gate with comfort.
Inciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 11:28 AM   #5
2020 NoBo 16.8

Looked at the Geo Pro briefly in late 2019/early 2020. Liked the NoBo for the features and layout.
Old 05-22-2021, 02:22 PM   #6

Thank you for the answers. I am really attracted to the no bo 19.6 floor plan, the little bar and the Murphy bed. I have 2 campers to sell before we would buy that trailer. I think I’ll keep a look out for a used one when they have been around a year or two. Thanks!

Tags
question, questions, trailer