Old 09-22-2020, 10:53 AM   #1

Shape of Fresh Water Tank

Hello. I searched google all the threads in this forum but I still need help determining the original shape of my fresh water tank.

I was inspecting under the trailer and noticed the fresh water tank is rounded on the bottom (I temporarily removed the corrugated under belly). I can't tell if it is bulging due to no support, or if it is designed that way. The shape is uniform and symmetrical so it is very hard to tell.

Is the OEM tank supposed to be flat or rounded on the bottom?

Been using the trailer for a year but just now notice this.

Thanks!

2020 NoBo 19.7
AG NoBo19.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:32 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. I know of no rig that comes with a rounded bottom potable water tank. It has more then likely gotten that way from the weight of the water. I would recommend installing some bracing up against the tank bottom to hold it flat. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 01:38 PM   #3

Thanks for the response. That is my thought as well and I will bolt some steel supports under the tank.

Also, a sincere Thank You for your service to our country sir!!!
AG NoBo19.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 03:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG NoBo19.7 View Post
Hello. I searched google all the threads in this forum but I still need help determining the original shape of my fresh water tank.

I was inspecting under the trailer and noticed the fresh water tank is rounded on the bottom (I temporarily removed the corrugated under belly). I can't tell if it is bulging due to no support, or if it is designed that way. The shape is uniform and symmetrical so it is very hard to tell.

Is the OEM tank supposed to be flat or rounded on the bottom?

Been using the trailer for a year but just now notice this.

Thanks!

2020 NoBo 19.7
I think and hope it is made that way to some degree. How much, I'm not sure. Mine curves down quite a bit as well, I would guess 3" to 4". If it were originally flat, I think the corrugated under belly would show some stress at the fasteners used to hold it on. These poly tanks definitely do have a tendency to sag and Forest River definitely has a tendency to "under-build" things, so there is no harm in adding some additional support.

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank