Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2023, 04:41 PM   #1

Unplugged package

Hi all

Does anyone have the 2024 No Bo with the unplugged package? Im trying to find out which brand of 100 AH lithium ion batteries are included, as well as some info on the inverter.- is the 3000 watt inverter 300 continuous watts or 3000 surge watts?

Thanks in advance!
Wanderlust33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 04:51 PM   #2
Site Team

Moved thread from the Modifications and Updates section to the Ibex/NoBo sub-forum since the OP's questions are specific to a No Boundaries product.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 07:27 AM   #3

can't advise on what is in it
but can guarantee it is way over priced from what you can buy yourself
Old 10-15-2023, 09:27 AM   #4

There are a few Facebook groups specializing in NOBO & Unplugged, one of them had a participant from the company that designed and managed the Unplugged offering - suggest you do a search to find the subject matter expert.

UPDATE: I read the batteries brand is MASTERVOLT, think the entire package was their work. The inverter was 3000w continuous as it would run all appliances including A/C up to that rating.
2019 Ford Expedition Max, payload ~ 1700

Former - 2019 NOBO 19.7
DES-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 10:31 AM   #5

I would DIY it as well.

A 400 ah battery is about $2200. The inverter plus wire and fuse about $450. The SOK batteries we have have a battery monitor built in.

You then simply use a good extension cord to attach the inverter to the trailer shore power inlet.

That will buy you occasional 2-4 day boondocking.

Add a generator or solar for recharging ability. $500-$1000.

We use the big battery and 2200 watt generator. We have to recharge twice a week.

We have only a 400 watt inverter that plugs into 12 volt outlets to run the tv if needed. I just have the big battery and generator. We have a gas electric fridge.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 10:32 AM   #6

I think I found it on a Facebook page, "ABC Upfitters":

"ATTN: Unplugged Package owners and Fans
Hello everyone!
We are in this group to support the NOBO community.
Our company currently works with NOBO and partnered with them to design and develop the Unplugged Package which is offered in select NOBO models. We are here as a resource for questions regarding the system and its amazing capabilities. Please feel free to reach out to our team at any time with questions regarding the Unplugged Package. ABC Upfitters, Justin Foster, Ben Miller, Scott Herman, are happy to assist you in any way we can!
Already have the Unplugged Package but wish you had more solar and battery capacity?
Don’t have the Unplugged Package and wish you did?
We can help you there too! Please feel free to reach out to myself or ABC for more information!"

Former - 2019 NOBO 19.7
Old 10-15-2023, 11:35 AM   #7

Your best bet to getting what you want is a local dealer.

As others have discovered, what is advertised may not be what you get. You need the specs on the rig you plan to purchase because specifications change during the year. It depends on what equipment is available when it's being built.
Old 10-16-2023, 09:34 PM   #8

One of the dealer videos i watched said it was a $14000 upgrade
Imagesoftheforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 10:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagesoftheforgotten View Post
One of the dealer videos i watched said it was a $14000 upgrade
A huge part of that price is labor to install and dealer markup on both equipment and labor.

This is why DIY can be so attractive to those with the skills (or apptitude to learn) to install their own.

Often a DIY installation with "top end" equipment can be hadvfor a fraction of a dealer supplied package.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 04:23 PM   #10

Keep in mind the Unplugged package includes an upgraded a/c that is purportedly 30% more efficient and quieter. I had dealers offer the package for $10k which is about 30% off list.

Former - 2019 NOBO 19.7
Old 02-21-2024, 09:43 PM   #11

Exclamation Unplugged package

Has anyone who has this package had the BMS failure code?
Our new Ibex was running off the unplugged package and at 22% power remaining threw this code at the monitor.
Troubleshot, got to shore power, started charging again, and now see I have a red Ďerrorí indicator on one of the four mastervolt lithium batteries.
Reset everything and still have error code- anyone have any ideas on this? It doesnít appear any reset has affected the BMS failure alert as it still shows.
TheEcks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 07:18 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEcks View Post
Has anyone who has this package had the BMS failure code?
Our new Ibex was running off the unplugged package and at 22% power remaining threw this code at the monitor.
Troubleshot, got to shore power, started charging again, and now see I have a red Ďerrorí indicator on one of the four mastervolt lithium batteries.
Reset everything and still have error code- anyone have any ideas on this? It doesnít appear any reset has affected the BMS failure alert as it still shows.
Is this an ABC Upfitters system? If it is call them and they will assist. I have not personally dealt with them but they have rave reviews and I have heard several interviews with the owner where they promised real live customer support.

On the matter of the OP:

That said. Again this is hearsay. If you want to buy the equipment from them they will design your system to fit your needs and give you support if you want to DIY the installation.

I think itís worth looking into before anyone assumes itís too much money or that they have to pay a dealer to install it and always keep in mind that you get what you pay for. Master volt is a top notch product. They build a seamlessly integrated system that will work as designed every time. Of course stuff breaks. All brands do. But ask yourself if you are going to get any kind of support when it does.
MGD1961 is offline   Reply With Quote