Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2020, 09:49 AM   #1

Used NO BO 16.7

We are at a campground and our neighbor has a 16.7. First time out and she didn’t get any paperwork with the camper. She has a couple of questions.

The Dometic fridge starts beeping then it stops. It does this continuously.

It doesn’t have a crank to put up the TV antenna.I can’t get up to see what type of antenna it has.

Thanks for any help.
WildcatAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:38 AM   #2
FLY4FUN

...saw this on another forum -- may/may not be applicable(?): "According to the owners manual, the frequency and duration of these beeps is meant to indicate an open door, however, the door is most definitely closed. Here is what I believe to be happening: Behind the clear plastic cover of the fridge light is a 4-wire harness that connects to the light and door switch. The door switch is electrically "open" when the door is closed, and electrically "closed" when the door is open. I believe the issue is due to condensation shorting the two door switch pins on this wire harness, tricking the control board into thinking the door is open when it is not. I believe this because when I disconnect this wire harness, the contacts on the light/switch assembly are wet with condensation. If I dry with a paper towel and re-connect, the problem goes away, but only until the condensation builds up again (couple hours if you're lucky). The only remedy I have found to make it through the night without this annoying beeping is to leave this wire harness disconnected. The only downside to this is that the interior light will not work when you open the door. Other than that, the fridge operates fine. If you really need the light, just dry the contacts and re-connect the wire harness. Kind of a pain, but the only solution I've found."
Oh...and, RE the antenna. My last Casita had a non-directional ("roundish") that didn't have a method for rotating...maybe theirs is similar(?).
14apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 09:56 PM   #3

My 16.7 has a fixed height antenna. It only rotates.
There is a small white button on the side of the knob that you press in to rotate it. The dometic fridge beeps on mine alot but thats because the GFI keeps getting tripped from coffee pot/hair dryer etc being used when AC is running. The fridge beeps when it comes off AC power until you fix it or switch it to battery. The GFI plug with the reset button is behind the factor tv location above the pantry. Maybe that helps.
Also, alot of the manuals are available on the forest river phone app since you said they didnt get any manuals
wmills74 is offline   Reply With Quote