Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2022, 07:52 AM   #1

walked the new NOBO 20s - no info?

Anyone seen official details on the new 20 series NOBOs?

The NOBO website just has the floorplan, like this: https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/trave...es/NB20.4/6424

I walked thru the new 20.4. Local dealer got 2x 20s and 19s on their lot. Nice dealer guy admitted "We've no literature on the 20s", and handed me 19 series literature. OK.

Sewer hose storage? Is the rear bumper wide enough to store a sewer hose? I noticed the bumper had no end caps so that makes me wonder and there's no storage tube. Next time I'll bring a tape measure to check.

20s sit HIGH. Both have been lifted like 1'. OK, 1' is exaggeration but sitting side-by-side the 19s there's a huge difference. A non-lifted tow truck would need an adjustable height receiver to avoid a tongue down situation. (I do have a height adjustable WD receiver that should work but others may not.)

Also, one of the brand new 19s already had a flat tire. I mean completely flat on the lot. Ooof. Good thing it was a tandem axle w/ full size spare.

Roof rack is ill placed. The roof rack sits in the middle or forward roof, while the ladder is in the back, so I have to walk over the shower bubble and AC to get to the rack. Image carrying stuff? As much as ForestRiver talks up the NOBO racks, they should have realized the rack needs to arms reach from the ladder. My in-laws' Class C is like that. So a (safe) collapsible ladder against the sidewall would be on the DIY list to make these roof racks usable. Or what have others done?

1 external storage compartment?! If the box were huge that'd be OK but it's about a 2'x1.5' opening. I guess my in-laws Class C basement, with it's huge 5 external storage compartments (2 pass thru) have spoiled me. A rooftop box on the rack could compensate for this, but like I said these mid/forward roof racks need an add-a-ladder to make that work.

Cold Weather Package is great to see. Forest River barely talks about that on their 19s and it's on the 20s as well. An enclosed underbelly & heater pads is one difference from the GeoPro/EPro that NOBOs have. I'll be cold winter camping. Some thought the new GeoPros might come with a Cold Weather Package but doesn't look like it.

Thoughts on new 20s?

I'm going to look at new GeoPros in a couple weeks to compare.
vap0rtranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 10:42 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum!
No information is pretty common with new units. The brochures usually reach the dealer after the rigs.
So are you in the market for a trailer?
Old 09-18-2022, 11:35 AM   #3

Ok.

Yea I'm upgrading. We have a 21' teardrop TT (Little guy Max) and hit a few limitations with it. Inlaws and friends can't fit inside, big dog gets underfoot, 3season camper, etc. It's a great couples camper, the build quality is excellent (from small/ boutique maker), and our small town dealer has been on top of it, but we've decided to upgrade.

Someone recommended I look at NOBO. Never heard of them before looking. We are 4 season outdoor type: hauling bikes, kayaks, skis, hiking boots, etc.

Nice screename . Does it mean you travel in the opposite direction of the snowbirds?
vap0rtranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 12:45 PM   #4

[QUOTE=vap0rtranz;2784774
Someone recommended I look at NOBO. Never heard of them before looking. We are 4 season outdoor type: hauling bikes, kayaks, skis, hiking boots, etc.

Nice screename . Does it mean you travel in the opposite direction of the snowbirds?[/QUOTE]I think they make the NoBo for people like you. You can read about the purpose here: https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/trave...specifications

Yup. We go north for the summer to get out of the heat and humidity in Houston. Great camping here in the fall, winter and spring, but the summers are brutal.
Old 09-19-2022, 09:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vap0rtranz View Post
Anyone seen official details on the new 20 series NOBOs?

Thoughts on new 20s?

Brochures are practically obsolete as the offerings change so much and they tend to be very generic:

http://forestriverinc.com/brochures/...bobrochure.pdf

The 20.3 is new while the 20.4 has been out a year and plenty of info available on the web. RV Nation usually has pretty good information on the NOBOs.

If you think current NOBOs sit high, check out the new 'beast mode' suspension.

Former - 2019 NOBO 19.7

2019 Ford Expedition Max, payload ~ 1700
DES-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 10:57 AM   #6

winterization?

Thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DES-1 View Post
If you think current NOBOs sit high, check out the new 'beast mode' suspension.

Hah, I'd have to lift my truck for sure.

How are you liking your 19?

Winterization process? Were to access the valves / pump?

I became a fan of blowing out lines with a little pink juice in risky areas.

The water pump on 2 NOBOS was inside the bed nightstand cabinet. Under/inside some cabinetry isn't uncommon, but this looks tight. Someone had actually pulled out the drawer of this nightstand in one unit to get at the valves of the pump. I'm only 5'8 150# guy but imagine lots of 4-letter words if I have to winterize from that tiny space.

Some new GeoPro/EPro look to have valves accessible from outside now...
Old 09-19-2022, 11:14 AM   #7

Our 19.7 is 4 years old and we’ve enjoyed it, but room is tight for 2 adults and 2 large dogs. No room to stretch out especially on a rainy day but it’s a quantum leap over a tent, 😂

We do a pre winter blowout, hitting each circuit multiple times until only vapor comes out, then pink stuff in the traps and toilet. Has worked well. I think 19.7 is out of production, but the water heater valves are readily accessed under a panel, and there is no need to access any other things to do a proper blowout.
DES-1 is offline   Reply With Quote