Old 08-25-2019, 05:58 PM   #1

Fresh water help question from a newbie

Just bought first RV. 2018 Freelander 20CB Filled my fresh water tank to sanitize it, let it sit overnight. Can't figure out where the tank is or how to drain the bleach water out of it. I see four valves inside a compartment within the rear storage area. 3 black tee handles and one chrome water shutoff valve. The chrome valve appears to be in the open position. The black tee handles look like I probably pull up on them.

Can someone help me, please?

djgiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 06:33 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgiroux View Post
Just bought first RV. 2018 Freelander 20CB Filled my fresh water tank to sanitize it, let it sit overnight. Can't figure out where the tank is or how to drain the bleach water out of it. I see four valves inside a compartment within the rear storage area. 3 black tee handles and one chrome water shutoff valve. The chrome valve appears to be in the open position. The black tee handles look like I probably pull up on them.

Can someone help me, please?
On most/many rigs, T-handles open sliding waste tank valves. I would look under the rig for a line/tube/pipe sticking down with either a valve or a cap on it.

EDIT: On second reading, maybe ONE of these T's opens the fresh water drain since you wrote "pull UP on them." I'm out.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 = 14; booked = 14
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 06:51 PM   #3

Got it. The fresh water tank is under bed accessible through exterior rear storage. The T valves are hard to reach but they do drain the RV. Very, very Slowly.
Thank you
Old 08-25-2019, 06:54 PM   #4

Do you think there is a good reason for the valves to be hard to access inside as they are, rather than under the coach at the end of the drain?
Old 08-26-2019, 03:34 PM   #5

Good Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgiroux View Post
Do you think there is a good reason for the valves to be hard to access inside as they are, rather than under the coach at the end of the drain?
It seems that many RV buyers are older folks (I'm 74) and don't want to crawl under their toys. They would rather operate a remote handle than get a litt;e dirty. (I'd rather crawl)

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:36 PM   #6

The valves near the fresh water tank with T pull handles are low point drains. A lot of people will connect a hose to the bottom of low point drain under the RV and run it over to bottom of the outside wall and install a valve. That way you can leave the low point drain open and drain the tank at the location you choose to put the hose and valve.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:44 AM   #7

Cb20 low point drain

They certainly are a pain in the arse . I have to get into the rear storage compartment to access the t handle drains. I made the panel that holds the access porthole removable for an easier reach into the area . The round porthole is impossible to reach through and operate the drains.

Maurice1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, newbie, water