Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2018, 01:05 AM   #1

Sunseeker Transit Series 2390 vs 2380

We saw the 2390 at a show today and loved it. So much that we put a deposit on it pending a test drive next weekend. We also wanted the time to research. However in researching we saw the 2380 on-line and loved the more enclosed bathroom. But there are no good pictures of the bed area so it is hard to truly compare.

I would like to get the following info from owners of the 2390.

Please post your overall review of your unit. Problems you have had along with things you have been pleased with. Also please discuss any modifications you have done.

Please post your impression of the shower set up. I am a little worried about moisture build up in the bedroom and also not being able to step out of the shower into a warm room. I can't quite recall where the towel bars were for the shower.

Have you installed a tow hitch for a hitch cargo carrier? If so how much did it cost?

Have you installed solar panels? If so how much did they cost?

Have you upgraded to 2 batteries? Were there any problems fitting them into the stair compartment?

They were selling the 2018 for $59980 with Transit traveling package, bedroom TV, Maxx Air Fan Bedroom, and Arctic Package. Which appears to be the widely available price on the internet. Has anyone negotiated lower? If so we may try to get them to throw in an extended warranty.

Thanks for your help!
m111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:56 AM   #2

Tried to add signature

We kept a blog of our travels with our old RV. I tried to add the address as our signature because it also is where I've been keeping track of our impressions when looking at smaller shorter RVs.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:01 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by m111 View Post
We saw the 2390 at a show today and loved it. So much that we put a deposit on it pending a test drive next weekend. We also wanted the time to research. However in researching we saw the 2380 on-line and loved the more enclosed bathroom. But there are no good pictures of the bed area so it is hard to truly compare.
We have a TS2390 so I'll try and answer your questions. Before that a few general comments on the 2380 based on what I've seen on-line.

Bedroom:

You will lose some, I suspect a lot, of the overall storage space in a 2390 by going with a 2380. We have shirt closets, and drawers, on both sides of the bed. Plus a large overhead three door cabinet between the the two shirt closets. And four drawers under the bed. The 2380 doesn't have any of that from the photos I've seen. With the 2380 you do gain a "hall closet", where the 2390 shower is located, but I don't know if it has the same capacity as all of the 2390's rear storage. Second you lose the walk around bed and have a corner bed in the 2380...that is a show stopper for us.

Bathroom:
The enclosed 2380 bathroom is a step back in my opinion as well. Instead of a larger corner shower you revert back to the smaller rectangular unit. And you get to step around the toilet getting in and out of the shower. With our "split bath plan" one of us can be in the "bathroom" while the other is in the shower.

Nose / Cap Area:
With the 2380 placing the television up in the nose, versus in the kitchen hall on the 2390, it kills another large storage area we have in our nose cap with the 2390. Definitely not an advantage in my view.

Summary:
One of the advantages of the 2390 is it has a lot of interior storage space and the CCC to be able to use that space. The 2380 just takes away too much storage space for very little gain in my opinion. I'll stick with the 2390...

Quote:
Please post your overall review of your unit. Problems you have had along with things you have been pleased with. Also please discuss any modifications you have done.
Overall we have been very pleased with our 2390. We down sized from a larger Class C and the 2390 has worked very well for us as a "couples coach". We had some of the typical FR quality control issues you read about but everything has been addressed either by FR, at the FROG Rally, or by our local dealer. We have not yet experienced any "show stopper" type issues. Without any slide outs or leveling systems those are less likely to occur anyway...

We spent fifteen consecutive nights in our 2390 at last years FROG Rally and had no real concerns about space. You just learn to manage who is where when in a small RV like the 2390!

What we really like:

The Ford Transit is a pleasure to drive. Small enough to easily get around town or cruise on the freeway it is just a very good chassis. We have the 3.7L gas engine and have averaged anywhere between 12 to 15MPG based on traffic and speed. The Transit has plenty of power to drive thru the mountains in TN and KY on I-75 with the cruise set at 65MPH. We downshifted into fifth gear a few times but held our speed. One really big advantage of the 2390, for me anyway, is my wife doesn't mind driving it. It is a pleasant change to not do all the driving!

The AC/DC/LP refrigerator works great! It is one of the best units we have had in a long time. And being able to run it in DC Mode while driving keeps everything nice and cold.

The bedroom has plenty of space for being a smaller unit. As I mentioned above a corner type bed would be a show stopper for us. We had that and do not care to repeat the experience.

The A/C keeps the 2390 nice and cool. There isn't a lot of space to cool down, compared to larger units, and the A/C works very well. The Truma furnace also works very well.

What we don't care for as much:

The Truma Combi water heater and furnace. Our issue with it is the small water tank size. Do not try and do dishes while your wife is in the shower... On the plus side it recycles very quickly when it is configured correctly. And you can program all sorts of neat features. It is a good furnace and much quieter than traditional RV furnace.

The shower. While I prefer it to the 2380 style the shower has a learning curve. It is effectively on a raised platform and you step down back in to the "hallway" when you get out. Not a big deal, just have no slip rugs and mats, but a little "weird" at first. The 2390, and 2380, are so small I wouldn't worry about stepping out in to a cold room. The temperature will be the same pretty much all over...

To see the modifications we have made to our 2390 click on Registry, to the left under my info, and it will link you to our Registry page with all the info.

Quote:
Have you installed a tow hitch for a hitch cargo carrier? If so how much did it cost?
Not yet. However do I plan on adding one so we can carry our bikes. The Coachmen Class C's on the Ford Transit chassis do offer a factory hitch rated at 2,000 pounds. The frame extenders, used by FR to extend the Ford chassis, are not rated beyond that so pulling a TOAD is pretty much a dead issue. We don't care as the TS is small enough for getting around most places. And when we are going to be in place for several days, like at the FROG Rally, I just call Enterprise for a car...

Quote:
Have you installed solar panels? If so how much did they cost?
Have you upgraded to 2 batteries? Were there any problems fitting them into the stair compartment?
No and No... We are not "campers" per se, we use our 2390 to tour. So we generally have hookups and do not need to extend the battery capacity of the 2390. It does look like there is plenty of space in the stairwell compartment for a second battery.

Quote:
They were selling the 2018 for $59980 with Transit traveling package, bedroom TV, Maxx Air Fan Bedroom, and Arctic Package. Which appears to be the widely available price on the internet. Has anyone negotiated lower? If so we may try to get them to throw in an extended warranty.
That sounds like a good price from what I've read and what we paid for ours. We also have Full Body Paint which is nice but too darn expensive...

We will be glad to try and answer any specific 2390 questions you may have. If you want to chat about it PM me a phone number and a good time to call...

Hope my very opinionated answers help you out a little!
Old 01-07-2018, 06:57 PM   #4

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! All of the information is much appreciated.

A couple (ok, alot) of follow ups.

Do you know anyone who has the 2380? If so can you post a link to them (blog, forum posts, etc.) or ask them if it is OK to give us their e-mail? We could then get it from you via private msg or phone. Or if you have a manufacturer rep. contact, maybe someone you met at the rally, that knows the 2380 we could chat with them to ask all our questions in comparing the two.

The reason I ask is that the floor plan picture makes the bed look walk around.
Sunseeker TS2380 Class C Motorhomes by Forest River RV
and the pictures I could find of one for sale make it look sort of walk around but very hard to tell if you can actually walk in that space. Ignore the floor plan in the listing, it is actually pictures of the 2380.
https://www.longviewrv.com/product/n...2380-817290-16

Really appreciate the info on the usability of the shower. It makes me feel better about it. I would love to see the other one before pulling the trigger on this one but there are none that I can find here in Colorado so don't know if that will be possible.

One thing I noticed when looking at the 2390 is that it did not have a heavy chemical odor like many we looked at. However there was definitely some chemical odor. Couldn't tell how much of it might be coming from the memory foam mattress. Did you or your wife smell the new car smell at the beginning and if so how long did it take to dissipate?

Did you keep the original mattress or put your own in?

I will check out all your mods. Yesterday after I found your post on-line I went back and scanned all your old post to look at issues so we knew which things to look at before buying it in hopes to get as much fixed as possible before we tool possession because that is when we have leverage.

If you should have the time and could compile a list of every thing you have had the dealer or manufacturer address it would be greatly appreciated. I will try to send you my e-mail through private msg if you don't want to post it. We are pretty familiar with RVs so will be able to quickly check them all out before taking possession and it will greatly aid us in not having to have them addressed after possession.

I agree on all the storage space. Thank you for the detailed comparison. One of the main reasons we loved this RV was that we were amazed at the storage space we got in the small package. Was wondering if you minded putting together a summary of how you use the storage. For instance, winter coats go where? Extra shoes are being stowed where? Dirty laundry stashed where etc? We currently have a 30 ft class A with loads of storage, coat closet, wardrobes etc. so appreciate any insight or tips you have on this matter.

Our big concern is actually where to stash our dogs, the beds they like to travel in and their water dish that we leave out while traveling. The younger of our two old dogs likes to ride between the seats in our minivan so he may do that in this RV but it will be a very tight fit. Seems the minivan is wider and the captains chairs in the minivan are wider also. That seems counter intuitive so we will try to measure it when we go back out for the test drive.

How do you use the dinette? Are you able to fit two people's feet under it at the same time or do you tend to eat out doors mostly?

Another question on feet. I felt the passengers feet were a bit crowded. I have men's size 11.5 ft. Do you have a problem with this? As I write this I realize this is probably a silly question as there are lots of people with smaller feet than me.

Have you weighed the coach fully loaded, full fresh water tank. How close are you to the weight limit?

Thanks again for all the info. Will also be attempting to send you a DM. I am new to this forum so will have to learn my way around.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:54 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Do you know anyone who has the 2380? If so can you post a link to them (blog, forum posts, etc.) or ask them if it is OK to give us their e-mail? We could then get it from you via private msg or phone. Or if you have a manufacturer rep. contact, maybe someone you met at the rally, that knows the 2380 we could chat with them to ask all our questions in comparing the two.

The reason I ask is that the floor plan picture makes the bed look walk around.
Sunseeker TS2380 Class C Motorhomes by Forest River RV
and the pictures I could find of one for sale make it look sort of walk around but very hard to tell if you can actually walk in that space. Ignore the floor plan in the listing, it is actually pictures of the 2380.
https://www.longviewrv.com/product/n...2380-817290-16
There are not a lot of us here with any of TS Series and I do not know of anyone with a 2380. I have not seen one in person either. Based on the pictures the side of the bed close to the rear wall doesn't look very walk friendly...

As for a manufacture rep here is Josh Cavitt's contact info at FR. He is the Sales Rep for Sunseeker / Forester and has been super helpful to us.

Quote:
Really appreciate the info on the usability of the shower. It makes me feel better about it. I would love to see the other one before pulling the trigger on this one but there are none that I can find here in Colorado so don't know if that will be possible.
Almost all the smaller FR RV's share the same size shower floor pan. If you look at the rectangular shower in a MBS Series it should be the same size.

Quote:
One thing I noticed when looking at the 2390 is that it did not have a heavy chemical odor like many we looked at. However there was definitely some chemical odor. Couldn't tell how much of it might be coming from the memory foam mattress. Did you or your wife smell the new car smell at the beginning and if so how long did it take to dissipate?
We special ordered our TS thru our local dealer. It did not have much of a chemical smell when it arrived here two days after leaving the assembly line. We left for the FROG Rally the next morning. If anything I smelled a little bit of the new plastic in the appliances, or the windows, for a day or two...

Quote:
Did you keep the original mattress or put your own in?
We kept the original and added a two inch memory foam pad out of our previous RV. I think the stock mattress is actually very comfortable and isn't a immediate "throw away" like they used to be a few years ago...

Quote:
If you should have the time and could compile a list of every thing you have had the dealer or manufacturer address it would be greatly appreciated. I will try to send you my e-mail through private msg if you don't want to post it. We are pretty familiar with RVs so will be able to quickly check them all out before taking possession and it will greatly aid us in not having to have them addressed after possession.
I'll dig out my files on it and send you a copy. But a Very Big Disclaimer first! FR busted their butts to get our new TS to us prior to the 2017 FROG Rally. In the rush they missed a couple things normal QC would have caught. But they immediately corrected those issues the next week at the Rally. It would be very unfair of me not to point this out as we were a rush job to get it delivered.

Quote:
I agree on all the storage space. Thank you for the detailed comparison. One of the main reasons we loved this RV was that we were amazed at the storage space we got in the small package. Was wondering if you minded putting together a summary of how you use the storage. For instance, winter coats go where? Extra shoes are being stowed where? Dirty laundry stashed where etc? We currently have a 30 ft class A with loads of storage, coat closet, wardrobes etc. so appreciate any insight or tips you have on this matter.
We look at our TS as a "fall back" position if we were to need to evacuate the "stick and brick" house. So it is always nearly fully loaded and ready to go.

The shirt closets are actually very deep and fairly tall. We have spare parkas in compression bags in the back of them. We also have full rain suits, in bags, as well. The mid and light weight jackets are hung in the closets. Shirts and pants are hung on multi-tiered hangers above, and in front of, the storage bags. The drawers under the closet doors are used for socks and other small items.

The cabinet between the shirt closets holds my spare parts kits and extra kitchen "stuff" we don't need every day. Spare bedding and towels stored in that area are used to keep everything quiet. Our on the road table games and DVD's are also in that area.

Under the bed you have a large storage area in the center of the bed. Tools, like my ViAir 450P compressor and other heavy "stuff" go in that area. The area under the bed drawers on both sides is wasted space. That is were spare shoes are stored. The bed drawers are used for underwear and t-shirts. We can easily store 10 days worth of clothes.

The bathroom has storage on both on the wall and under the sink. All the bathroom supplies and necessities fit in that area.

I have no idea how my wife organizes the kitchen... I do know it all fits and she is still tweaking the layout. She has a small crock pot, electric skillet, toaster oven, hot plate, my Kuerig, and other small appliances stashed somehow! Plus a Corelle service for four and two sizes of glasses. We use the larger cabinet above the drivers side dinette seat as the main pantry. The floor level slide out pantry has two thermoses and our thermos coffee cups in it. She even keep some items under the passenger seat in the space around the dinette table storage. The tripod base used for allowing the table to be used outside fits quite nicely.

The space in the nose cap is our tech library, all the publications in two large three ring notebooks and other books. One side of it used to store electronics like the the TPMS when not in use.

Dirty laundry goes in to a soft net bag and sets in the cab on the floor while we are parked. While on the road it sits in the shower...

Quote:
How do you use the dinette? Are you able to fit two people's feet under it at the same time or do you tend to eat out doors mostly?
We both sit at the table with no real issues. I put my feet towards the front and my wife has her feet to the rear of the table pole. As I mentioned we do have the tripod adapter to take the table outside but we seldom do so...

Quote:
Another question on feet. I felt the passengers feet were a bit crowded. I have men's size 11.5 ft. Do you have a problem with this? As I write this I realize this is probably a silly question as there are lots of people with smaller feet than me.
Make sure the passenger seat is all the way back. There is more foot room in the Transit than in a E-450 van chassis. Not having the big "doghouse" the E-450 uses helps a lot...

Quote:
Have you weighed the coach fully loaded, full fresh water tank. How close are you to the weight limit?
We had our TS "four corner" weighed by the RVSEF at the last FROG Rally. With a full tank of gas, half full black, grey and potable water tanks, us and all our "stuff" we came in right at 10,000 pounds. The TS is rated for 10,360 pounds. All of our corners were in the "Green" with no overloading.
I would not normally run around with half full grey and black tanks but we did not want to dump until the next day before going back in to storage. Our normal travel weight should be around 9,500 pounds I suspect. We use that CCC the Transit chassis gives you!

Quote:
Our big concern is actually where to stash our dogs, the beds they like to travel in and their water dish that we leave out while traveling. The younger of our two old dogs likes to ride between the seats in our minivan so he may do that in this RV but it will be a very tight fit. Seems the minivan is wider and the captains chairs in the minivan are wider also. That seems counter intuitive so we will try to measure it when we go back out for the test drive.
I would fold the dinette down in to the bed. Then the dogs could come up between the front seats, "hide" under the bed on the floor, or lay on top of it. As for their beds we have friends who stand their dogs night beds in the house door stairwell while traveling. We haven't taken our dogs with us on a trip yet. We have a pet sitter come to the house and take care of them...with six rescue dogs I hope not to ever take them all at once!
Old 01-07-2018, 09:37 PM   #6

Thanks again! You have been incredibly helpful.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:37 AM   #7

I'm sort of embarrassed to be so hung up on the shower thing but please bear with me.

Did you put up some sort of towel hangers near the shower so you have something to grab when getting out of the shower? What about adding towel bars to the bathroom?

Do you find that water splashes out over the curtain? we are both tall and likely this will happen because our heads are higher than the shower sprayer so we will have to lift it up over our head.

In the one we looked at the plastic hanger for the shower curtain was broken. How has yours held up?

The 2930 we saw had no toilet paper holder near the toilet but the brochure says it comes with tissue, towel bar, toothbrush and soap holder. Did yours come with these things?

On a completely different topic:
Are you able to drive with the side windows open?

Thanks for answering all my questions!
Old 01-08-2018, 11:26 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Did you put up some sort of towel hangers near the shower so you have something to grab when getting out of the shower? What about adding towel bars to the bathroom?
Yes, we use an adjustable shower rod placed across the hallway. It gives you a place to hang a towel and a nice stabilizer to grab when stepping down. Keep in mind you don't have to step all the way down first. You can exit the shower towards the rear of the coach, along the side the bed, then step down in to the hallway.

Quote:
Do you find that water splashes out over the curtain? we are both tall and likely this will happen because our heads are higher than the shower sprayer so we will have to lift it up over our head.
We don't have that issue as I'm 5'10" and Christine is 5'8". I suspect you will have the same concern in a 2380 as the curtains, or doors, only go so high.

Quote:
In the one we looked at the plastic hanger for the shower curtain was broken. How has yours held up?
That is an excellent example of a poor design... Ours arrived broken. It was replaced by FR at the FROG Rally and they gave me a spare assembly. We haven't had a problem since. If it breaks again I'm going to replace the plastic rod with a threaded stainless steel rod and a couple nuts. $5.00 of stainless steel hardware at Ace, Home Despot or Lowes will fix it for good...

Quote:
The 2930 we saw had no toilet paper holder near the toilet but the brochure says it comes with tissue, towel bar, toothbrush and soap holder. Did yours come with these things?
Yes, they were in a bathroom drawer still in the plastic bags. FR lets the owner choose where to install, or not to install, those parts.

Quote:
On a completely different topic:
Are you able to drive with the side windows open?
Yes, you can. The windows either latch in the fully closed position or in a secondary position that leaves them open about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch.

Make very sure you disconnect the window shades, use the release between the shade and screen sections, when you do this or the window shades will balloon out like a parachute. I discovered this "undocumented feature" when a service tech only closed one window to the partial open position...

Regarding the shower in general it is functional and we do use it. But the limiting factor in any TS Series, at least to us, is the Truma Combi. The small hot water tank size means you take either fast, or cold, showers. We added a Oxygenics BodySpa shower head and it does help stretch out the water a bit. To avoid the issue when Christine washes her hair she usually uses the campground shower. I saw you mostly boondock so it will take a bit of experimenting to find the best solution for you.

We have not seen any issues with condensation. Even before I had the stock bedroom / shower ceiling fan replaced. With the new MaxxAir 7500K Fan in bedroom set to exhaust and the front fan being an intake I can create a really good "flow-thru" breeze...
Old 01-08-2018, 11:37 AM   #9
Site Team

I forgot we just added another mod... We bought another expanding curtain rod and one 48 inch wide curtain panel. We hang this right behind the cab seats and it cuts down on travel noise and helps keep the cab A/C or heat up front. It will also help keep the heat out of the living area when we are parked. Even with the interior reflective shields, and an exterior cover, the cab area can heat up on a hot summer day.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:21 PM   #10

These are the answers I got from Josh on the 2380. It looks like the 2390 is discontinued. There appear to be 3 of them at our local dealership so I will have no problem procuring one if this is the direction I go.

As an FYI for those following this thread here are the answers I got from Forest River.
--------------
The 2390 is no longer available.

Can you walk around the bed in the 2380?

Yes

Is there bedroom storage in the 2380?

Yes

How does the wardrobe in the 2380 compare to the storage in the wardrobes of the 2390?

There is more wardrobe storage in the 2380 than the 2390. We redesigned the back half of the coach to provide more functional living space.

What is the size of the shower in the 2380? Is there a fan on the bathroom?

There is an Electric fan in the bathroom, not a Max Air Fan. Though, if you wanted a Max air fan all of our vents are Pre-wired for one if you choose to have your dealer install a Max Air Fan.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:45 PM   #11
Site Team

Interesting. FR does have a habit of revising floor plans fairly quickly so I'm not too surprised. I do wonder why they didn't list the 2390 as "Dealer Stock Only", like the other discontinued units, when they added the 2380 on their website.

The good news is if you decide to go with the 2390 now you can beat up the dealer some more on the price since it is a "Discontinued" model...
Old 01-08-2018, 04:40 PM   #12

Not a 2390 owner but, our MH has a floor to ceiling curtain, forward and aft of the shower/bathroom. If you pull both curtains and leave the door of the BR open it actually turns the shower and bathroom into one room. I see there is a curtain forward of the bathroom. Maybe you could add a second curtain aft of the shower/bathroom of the 2390.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 04:55 PM   #13
Crazy Dog Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post

No and No... We are not "campers" per se, we use our 2390 to tour. So we generally have hookups and do not need to extend the battery capacity of the 2390. It does look like there is plenty of space in the stairwell compartment for a second battery.
Hi! Following with great interest as we also have a 2391 (ours has the gas engine, Redldr1 has diesel).

About the batteries. Yes there is room under the stair for two batteries. I think we must have a prototype 2391 because it came with a lithium battery (I believe FR switched back to conventional batteries before Redldr1 bought his). We are adding a second one to give us 200AH as DH uses a CPAP and we are boondockers. We are also adding a Victron 700 battery monitor with bluetooth so we can look at battery parameters on a smartphone.

We have not delved into solar panels yet. It seems to be a steep learning curve. I have read that panels _can_ be mounted on the roof without drilling holes.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:21 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny K View Post
Hi! Following with great interest as we also have a 2391 (ours has the gas engine, Redldr1 has diesel).
No, I'm plain old gas as well... After the mess we had with the DEF system on our M-B MBS series I won't be going back to a diesel anytime soon.

Even if I knew the Ford diesel was going to be bullet proof a quick cost analysis shows me I would never recover the extra initial cost of the diesel option. The two to three MPG increase does not offset the higher diesel price per gallon either. Then add in the higher maintenance costs and a diesel TS just doesn't make $en$e to me...

Quote:
About the batteries. Yes there is room under the stair for two batteries. I think we must have a prototype 2391 because it came with a lithium battery (I believe FR switched back to conventional batteries before Redldr1 bought his). We are adding a second one to give us 200AH as DH uses a CPAP and we are boondockers. We are also adding a Victron 700 battery monitor with bluetooth so we can look at battery parameters on a smartphone.
They went back to regular batteries very quickly from what I told when I complained. I suspect you have a rare version. The sad part is I was point blank told the change was due to the lithium battery cost. I sure didn't see any price reduction on our TS when they made that change...

So what do you think of the new 2380 versus our 2390's?

After considering it, based on Josh's answers, I'd still stay with the 2390. Why? My biggest reason is the relocated primary TV. Moving the TV took away all the storage in the nose. And I don't want to have to look up at a 45 degree angle to see the TV while seated at the dinette. Plus when I turn our cab passenger seat around there is no way you could see the TV. Hmm, since FR also did away with the swivel cab seat I guess this isn't an issue for new buyers... Anyway it may sound silly but the new TV location is what would drive my choice.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:45 AM   #15
Crazy Dog Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post

So what do you think of the new 2380 versus our 2390's?
I agree that moving the bed sideways in the 2380 was a step backward. The position of the bed in the 2390 accommodates the wheel wells (which result in raised floors on either side). With the bed sideways the sleeper in the back not only has to walk all the way around the bed but has to climb over the wheel well (if that's the way they did it). That wouldn't be apparent from looking at the floor plan.

Bedside drawers (and the cubby hole for my box of tissues etc.) is a strong feature of the 2390, and as you say Redldr1, the 2390 has lots of storage.

About bathrooms. I really like the layout of the 2370 bathroom (although that results in twin beds). That model has a slide-out however, and when looking for a motorhome we nixed slide-outs. I have heard enough horror stories on the forum about them getting stuck or leaking, and they add extra weight.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:50 AM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
About bathrooms. I really like the layout of the 2370 bathroom (although that results in twin beds). That model has a slide-out however, and when looking for a motorhome we nixed slide-outs. I have heard enough horror stories on the forum about them getting stuck or leaking, and they add extra weight.
We also liked the bathroom layout in the 2370. But the slide out in the 2370 costs you over 650 pounds of CCC compared to the 2390... For us the 2370 slide out didn't add nearly enough floor space to justify the lost CCC and the other trade offs.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:53 AM   #17

Thanks again everyone for the input. We ended up taking our deposit off the 2390. In looking at it again we couldn't reconcile the limited space at the dinette table with our ability to use it effectively. We are now taking a hard look at the 2250. I will probably post another thread on that.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:34 AM   #18
Site Team

If you're looking at the 2250 I'd check out the new 2420MS as well. That is a very interesting floor plan that gets rid of the "one big slide out" found in many FR floor plans.

Good luck with your search!
Old 01-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #19

Thanks. Unfortunately we need to stay under 25 ft if we want to park it on the lot. The 2390 was said to be 25 ft by the sales person but when we got the brochure it was 25' 6" which likely would send our HOA into a fit so that was another consideration for dropping it and looking at the 2250 which is supposed to be 24' 4" per the brochure.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:58 AM   #20
Site Team

Have you looked at a Coachmen Galleria Class B? That is one nice rig that would solve your HOA issues. They also have the Crossfit on the Transit Chassis.

Tags
sunseeker