Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2020, 10:25 PM   #1

Upgrade Ford Transit radio

Has anyone upgraded to something else besides the stock radio?
NB2A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB2A View Post
Has anyone upgraded to something else besides the stock radio?

I got a full system from Crutchfield. Easy, everything was plug and play. Excellent instructions. No connection, just a satisfied customer.
georgedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:09 AM   #3

I’m hoping more people chime in.

I’m interested in upgrading the radio/stereo system in our 20CB. When I look for the components with my model year (2020) nothing seems to be compatible. Realizing that, I think back to 2017, the Transit 350HD’s are all essentially the same I’m thinking that I could order a Crutchfield kit for an earlier model year and it would work. However, I’m hesitant as I don’t want to tear into it to find out that it won’t work or is missing something.
Also, I seriously want to upgrade the speakers and can find nothing to help me along the way in improving the sound system. Any advise out there would be appreciated. With road noise, I’m finding the stock speaker system pretty awful. Keep in mind that I’m fully aware that our 20CB is a very basic, entry level RV.
I did add a TV with Roku and a built in DVD player to the bed area and attached a sound bar beneath the TV. We’ve got great sound back there even with the A/C running.
Any advice on the sound system in the cab would be appreciated.
Flimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:20 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Hello,

Visit a good auto sound shoppe to see the answer they may have in components to upgrade.

The funny 4 by 6 speakers in many cars are common replacement items.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:28 AM   #5

There are several youtube videos about this. Just go to youtube then search for 'ford transit radio upgrade'. If you do this yourself, be sure to disconnect the battery before you start or you could accidentally trip something (like the airbag warning) and have to have a dealer reset it.
This one is a good one about removing the factory setup:

Personally, I would just go to a good auto sound shop, like B&B suggested, and pay someone to do it right.

If your rig doesn't already have a double din installed, you can get kits to upgrade to one, plus harnesses and antenna connectors, etc..

dash double din conversion kit for ford transit:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Metra-99-58...RXrRej&vxp=mtr

wiring harness:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...324ddbcfe3cefd

antenna adapter for ford transit:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ff410a2ed4a1ff
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, radio, upgrade