Old 04-01-2020, 01:18 AM   #21

Please don’t forget - full-timers aren’t looking for a vacation spot for a few weeks and then return to our sticks and bricks....

We’re in our home and we desperately need a place to be safe just like everyone else out there..... Closing CG’s is being done by bureaucrats that have most likely never spent a night in a RV.....

They have no idea the peril they are placing a lot of good people in....

They need to get their heads out of their ——— and look at the big picture!!!!
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:54 AM   #22
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Please don’t forget - full-timers aren’t looking for a vacation spot for a few weeks and then return to our sticks and bricks....

We’re in our home and we desperately need a place to be safe just like everyone else out there..... Closing CG’s is being done by bureaucrats that have most likely never spent a night in a RV.....

I expect the bureaucrats are closing the parks to prevent people from travelling and recreational use of the parks, which is the right thing to do at this moment in history.

That said, I really feel for full timers right now. I’m sure most are willing to stay put if you have a place to do that. How have you been dealing with finding a place to park your rig as a full timer? There must be resources on the internet to discuss options with fellow full timers.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:47 AM   #23

We had an unintended blessing happen to us .....

We left our winter location 1/27 and settled into a great spot in Tyler, TX...

The reason: I’ve had double cataract surgery here in Tyler - one eye mid-February and the other early March....

Our site (FHU) is actually the only “overnight” site in this entire park of about 70 sites.... All other sites are permanent residents..... The owner has graciously allowed me to extend my stay indefinitely.....

Obviously we’d rather be on the road to the mountains but are happy to remain here until it’s safe to travel again.....

My prayer is that others out there are blessed with a secure location as we have been.....
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:12 AM   #24

Thousand Trail campgrounds are apparently open....

But, you need a membership.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:18 AM   #25

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:

Not true here in my home area of Kitchener Waterloo Ontario Canada. 4 parks opened up and are accepting only Full Time RV People. Approved by local Health Authorities. A Fifth was already open being a 10 month park.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:21 AM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
We had an unintended blessing happen to us .....

We left our winter location 1/27 and settled into a great spot in Tyler, TX...

The reason: I’ve had double cataract surgery here in Tyler - one eye mid-February and the other early March....

Our site (FHU) is actually the only “overnight” site in this entire park of about 70 sites.... All other sites are permanent residents..... The owner has graciously allowed me to extend my stay indefinitely.....

Obviously we’d rather be on the road to the mountains but are happy to remain here until it’s safe to travel again.....

My prayer is that others out there are blessed with a secure location as we have been.....

Great to hear you have a location until things improve. I cannot imagine the stress for those full-timers without a place to stay or the uncertainty in finding one.

I'm trying to keep up with the Joneses, but every time I catch up, they refinance.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:56 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Not true here in my home area of Kitchener Waterloo Ontario Canada. 4 parks opened up and are accepting only Full Time RV People. Approved by local Health Authorities. A Fifth was already open being a 10 month park.

Sounds like someone up there has an actual brain in their head.
How the heck did that happen?
🤷🏼*♂️
jk510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:14 PM   #28

Last I checked, fresh air in the great outdoors was NOT a cause of the Coronavirus
Beachbourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:45 PM   #29
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
The KOA in Brighton ON has also offered to accommodate people but they don’t have their water system turned on yet nor is the wifi up. So far they are saying they’ll be open for the first weekend in May but I’m not convinced it’s the right thing to do as a weekender.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:14 PM   #30

Quote:
You make it sound sooo easy for us full-timers to find a spot....

Maybe you fail to realize that there are over 1M full-timers and a HUGH majority are slowly being shut out of areas that are our normal “go-to” spots this time of the year and on into Spring/Summer....

If you really think about it, most Federally operated CG’s ( COE, BLM, NFCG, Dispersed) are perfect places for a RV to “shelter in place” ....
They're closing down to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where ever you go there you are
grumpyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:33 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
The KOA in Brighton ON has also offered to accommodate people but they don’t have their water system turned on yet nor is the wifi up. So far they are saying they’ll be open for the first weekend in May but I’m not convinced it’s the right thing to do as a weekender.

Unfortunately, not too many full timers are up in cold Canada this time of year, and those down south won’t be allowed over the border
Fluffywhitedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:49 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
Thousand Trail campgrounds are apparently open....

But, you need a membership.
I have a TT membership, but I am almost positive you can stay without one, if you are willing to pay the daily rate. If you book as a guest their website will kick you over to rvonthego.com to complete your reservation.

The one closest to me would be in Chehalis, WA, and it looks like an RV site would run $45-$50/night for non members - though it looks like they are pretty close to full in the short term.

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
500, camping