Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2021, 08:44 AM   #1

Add Oregon to the places I’ll never visit

Its a shame really, to have a glaring white spot on my map. Im sure some more states will follow suit (you could probably guess which ones) Oh well….

link: MASKS FOREVERRRRRR
Old 12-03-2021, 08:51 AM   #2

Give OR a second thought regardless what the talking heads are pushing there is a huge difference between west OR and the rest of the state.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
Old 12-03-2021, 09:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Give OR a second thought regardless what the talking heads are pushing there is a huge difference between west OR and the rest of the state.

Agree. Oregon is two states in one. The coast is great. Inland, not so much. We stay at many coastal CG’s and have many times. And will again. Just need to drive through interior Oregon, especially the bigger cities and don’t stop.
The one exception is Boardman. There is a wonderful city CG there right on the Columbia River. Very nice, clean, well run and the little town is very friendly.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
Old 12-03-2021, 10:15 AM   #4

Born raise here in Oregon lived east of salem for 51 yrs now on southern Oregon coast for 3 yrs its better as far as some of the mandates.its a good thing i work for Company that doesnt enforce it.i will say im about to pull up here head somewhere else.this state is headed the wrong way.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:27 AM   #5

How is this specifically COVID-19 related? Seems more like pure politics to me.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...me-203416.html
Old 12-03-2021, 10:32 AM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post

X2... and it is only in discussion. Someone jumped the gun ruling out travel to a place based on discussion. There is discussion of this in more states then just Oregon.

Ready... fire... aim.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
Old 12-03-2021, 10:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
X2... and it is only in discussion. Someone jumped the gun ruling out travel to a place based on discussion. There is discussion of this in more states then just Oregon.

Ready... fire... aim.
And, really, if those types of political environments are that offensive to someone....then really the entire west coast of the US is off-limits. The politics are pretty close to the same in WA state, OR, and CA.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:45 AM   #8

Quote:

Quote:

Ready... fire... aim.
Quote:
And, really, if those types of political environments are that offensive to someone....then really the entire west coast of the US is off-limits. The politics are pretty close to the same in WA state, OR, and CA.
Mask mandates are not covid related? I dont recall any other mask mandates pre-covid. These fellas above are making the political claims, I just stated I wont be visiting a state that mandates a mask be worn anywhere. I've been to other western states incl. california, nevada, colorado etc. I couldnt care less about the politics because i dont live there. and i havent voted in years politicians are crooks that cover for themselves no matter what party
Old 12-03-2021, 10:47 AM   #9

Culture wars are way over rated.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:47 AM   #10

Quote:
this may be true of WA I don't know, but with CA and OR there is a big difference between the coastlines and the rural areas in my experience yours may be different and I accept that.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
Old 12-03-2021, 10:55 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
this may be true of WA I don't know, but with CA and OR there is a big difference between the coastlines and the rural areas in my experience yours may be different and I accept that.
State laws and state mandates are applicable throughout the state.

California:
https://covid19.ca.gov/masks-and-ppe/

Oregon:
https://sharedsystems.dhsoha.state.o.../le2288k_r.pdf

Washington is buried in the FAQ:
https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/C...Q#heading85903

There is an upside to all this, that I see anyway. The more out-of-state people that boycott Oregon means more available campsites for me!

Speaking of that....I need to look at making those reservations that are now within the six month window.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:07 AM   #12
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrevs View Post
Mask mandates are not covid related?
Sure, it can be.

Quote:
I dont recall any other mask mandates pre-covid.
There were plenty of mask mandates pre-COVID where something could be spread. (think operating rooms or other pandemics)

Quote:
These fellas above are making the political claims, I just stated I wont be visiting a state that mandates a mask be worn anywhere.
The point is, it hasn't been mandated. It is only being discussed. And like I said, MANY states are having this discussion.

Quote:
I've been to other western states incl. california, nevada, colorado etc. I couldnt care less about the politics because i dont live there.
Then why start this thread?

Quote:
and i havent voted in years politicians are crooks that cover for themselves no matter what party
So you won't voice your opinion (when it counts) via proper voting but you'll post a complaint on an internet forum that the outcome of things decided by voting doesn't suit you?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
Old 12-03-2021, 11:09 AM   #13

Quote:
Its a shame really, to have a glaring white spot on my map. Im sure some more states will follow suit (you could probably guess which ones) Oh well….

Good. We don't need (more) people here who are unwilling to help protect the public health.

On a side note, I don't know why the admins didn't delete this entire thread at the very beginning. I don't see how anyone could not interpret this as anything but a political statement.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:10 AM   #14

Yes, the wheels came off many posts ago.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
Old 12-03-2021, 11:15 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
Yes, the wheels came off many posts ago.
Were there ever any wheels on it to begin with?
Old 12-03-2021, 11:27 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukongold View Post
Good. We don't need (more) people here who are unwilling to help protect the public health.

On a side note, I don't know why the admins didn't delete this entire thread at the very beginning. I don't see how anyone could not interpret this as anything but a political statement.
Calm down. I guarantee you can't get Covid-19 via social media. Masks or no masks it's not worth allowing those you disagree with to take up residence in your head.

Masks are the least of my concerns.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:30 AM   #17

Quote:

You should really go. Just think of the thrill of danger! Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!
Old 12-03-2021, 11:37 AM   #18

Quote:
Sure, it can be.

There were plenty of mask mandates pre-COVID where something could be spread. (think operating rooms or other pandemics)

:[/COLOR]
I think the subject here is government mandates. Not saying there never has been one but I certainly cannot remember that. In fact, I don't recall ever wearing a mask except for cutting grass or doing projects in the woodshed.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:45 AM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukongold View Post

Please report posts to us. We don't necessarily read threads in real time. This thread is being closed.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:50 AM   #20
Site Team

This thread has been closed.

The reason our community rules prohibit certain topics ( such as politics) is that they almost always result in emotional disagreements which disrupt the purpose of the forum. There are hundreds of political forums that welcome both sides of political arguments. Everyone is welcome to their political opinion however FRF is not the place to promote it.

The Site Team

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Closed Thread