Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2020, 06:54 PM   #41

I can't think of a safer place to be than out in the woods boondocking. We had snow here in Albuquerque last week, so I took the tent on my turkey hunt. If it is safe to go to Walmart, then it is safe to go to a state park. Give some people a little power and they are surely going to use it and abuse it. Of course the governors of states that open early and have a rebound in cases may not have a job after the next election. And the governors that wait too long to open and bankrupt their states may not either. A tough position to be in. Most people want to err on the side of caution, but the economic calamity may be worse than the disease.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:17 PM   #42

When camping starts? Been stuck here since Jan. I want camping season to end! Can't wait to leave for home the end of the month.
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:27 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokewagonokc View Post
What do to mean “when it resumes?” It never went away here in Oklahoma. At least not at the state parks.
Enjoy it while you can. The medical experts are saying that if there is a resurgence of the virus infections it will hit those areas that "escaped" the brunt of it in the first round.

I do know that if this State doesn't open up soon I'm hitting the road for "somewhere else".

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:30 PM   #44

Demo derby....

With attachments
Philip C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 08:50 PM   #45

A good friend went to Bullhead City. Az to move his son's MH to Phoenix. Said he could not believe the traffic on the Az side, bumper to bumper at times and lots of RVs. Needles, Ca area, not so much. Everyone wants to travel, don't get ahead of yourselves. Stay safe.

Phoenix 298RLS
2500 Ram Crew 4X4
DW & 3 pups
Ret LE 07/19
D Sgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 10:39 PM   #46
Weekender

I am really going to show my age now. In Richmond, VA in 1967 I purchased gas for $0.179 per gallon at the Spur (Murphy Oil) station during a neighborhood gas war. Not only that, but it was full service, too! That was also the time when you got Green Stamps!
Ford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:52 AM   #47
Bob n Vic Summer Getaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Here's what it just might look like:

https://youtu.be/MVBgD4Y2JQ8

Well maybe not but at least the video will help fill some of that time at home until them

As for these "events", I have no idea what the rules are but it appears that there might not be many if at all.
This was absolutely hilarious. I did watch the whole thing I needed that. Thanks for sharing
BobnVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:20 AM   #48
llr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnoland30 View Post
Most people want to err on the side of caution, but the economic calamity may be worse than the disease.
That is my main concern too. The virus is serious and reasonable caution is needed and it will probably be a long time before big events should be allowed. However I believe the economic damage could be much worse especially the longer things are locked down.

I know some people will say if it saves a life it is worth it. If this is the case how can we have about 40,000 automobile deaths a year and no one talks about banning cars.
TV 2024 F350 DRW - on order
Prior TV 2017 F150 6.5' bed 3.5 Eco-boost Max tow 1800lbs payload
llr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 11:40 PM   #49

Camping has not stopped. Few campground are still open and following CDC's recommendations.
paro4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 11:47 PM   #50

Yes! Stay @ home Means stay @ your home on wheels too!
paro4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 04:05 PM   #51

Memory lane!

Although I checked out this thread because of the topic, I watched the video with laughter and nostalgia. I too grew up in Rockford, Illinois and went to the Figure Eight races when I was a teenager. It really took me back but to a new level. It was entertaining enough with just cars but adding trailers, boats and skidoos was amazing!
My brother is a full timer who has been shut out of the state park and has to stay in another campground across the street. He and his wife are campground hosts with no where to go yet. Once the campground opens, next month hopefully, they will get back to their schedule. They were given four hours warning to vacate the park and find a new site. Luckily they found one close by but it was iffy for a while.
We canceled our April trip to KOA Mystic, CT last week. We have our reservations for a family camping trip in August but I have hesitated to reserve anything else. We'll "camp" in the driveway or very close to home if we have to.
littlerhodey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 06:51 PM   #52

Been there and that is a hoot. You have too love Rockford Speedway trailer races.
wwdriver62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping