Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 09:20 AM   #661

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
That's not the way a "mortality rate" is calculated.
Right now in the US only mortality stands at just under 1.5 percent . half of what the world total is .
MR.M is offline   Reply
Old 03-24-2020, 09:24 AM   #662

To the OP original question...

The State of Michigan has now closed all state park campgrounds. So, yes, it has now affected our plans.

2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn
2019 Palomino Solaire 202RB

"Why yes, this is my circus and these are my monkeys!"
jcr59 is offline   Reply
Old 03-24-2020, 09:32 AM   #663

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
Right now in the US only mortality stands at just under 1.5 percent . half of what the world total is .

Actually, US Mortality rate as of data right now is about 1.2 percent. This is based on 46,485 confirmed cases and 593 deaths.

However, if we tested way more people, the 46,485 number would skyrocket, but the 593 number would not grow much more than it has. Death carries its own sickle to mow down whomever it wants. But testing is up to us, and so that number can vary IF we start testing thousands more than we did. More testing but not many more deaths would make the mortality rate much lower than it is.

Worldwide mortality rate is about 4.3%. That's based on 392,780 confirmed cases and 17,241 deaths.

The difference is that many countries are "testing" using W.H.O. kits. The U.S. has not accepted the same type testing that other countries are using, and are just now developing and distributing our own testing devices.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply
Old 03-24-2020, 11:18 AM   #664
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Actually, US Mortality rate as of data right now is about 1.2 percent. This is based on 46,485 confirmed cases and 593 deaths.

However, if we tested way more people, the 46,485 number would skyrocket, but the 593 number would not grow much more than it has. Death carries its own sickle to mow down whomever it wants. But testing is up to us, and so that number can vary IF we start testing thousands more than we did. More testing but not many more deaths would make the mortality rate much lower than it is.

Worldwide mortality rate is about 4.3%. That's based on 392,780 confirmed cases and 17,241 deaths.

The difference is that many countries are "testing" using W.H.O. kits. The U.S. has not accepted the same type testing that other countries are using, and are just now developing and distributing our own testing devices.
I keep hearing that but when you look at someplace like S. Korea which has been said to have the most expansive and well-organized testing program in the world and their mortality rate is still around 1.3%
Iwritecode is offline   Reply
Old 03-24-2020, 11:38 AM   #665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I keep hearing that but when you look at someplace like S. Korea which has been said to have the most expansive and well-organized testing program in the world and their mortality rate is still around 1.3%

It is expansive, and it's organized. But it's not absolutely safe. USA tends to err on side of caution. This is one of the results of Regulations meant to keep us 'safe'. Maybe good, but slows down things in emergencies.

If we used the testing S. Korea did, then yes, we could have more tested by now. CDC chose not to.

Testing is ramping up, finally.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 03-24-2020, 12:13 PM   #666

Quote:

On Mar 20 the US had 19383 cases...as of so far today (so probably 3-5thousand short) there were 43734. New cases add little to the death toll as they have not ran their course. It also true that there are more untested cases that would skew the numbers.The data is too new. If people are doing as they're told and not leaving their house to go the doctor (er) unless they are very sick...the numbers look really bad.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:35 PM   #667

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigH View Post
On Mar 20 the US had 19383 cases...as of so far today (so probably 3-5thousand short) there were 43734. New cases add little to the death toll as they have not ran their course. It also true that there are more untested cases that would skew the numbers.The data is too new. If people are doing as they're told and not leaving their house to go the doctor (er) unless they are very sick...the numbers look really bad.
Here in WA, and I'm sure other places as well, "Drive Through" testing is being implemented to find as many cases as possible before they show up at Dr's offices and ER's.

Adding:

Here's a map showing the number of tests conducted by state:

Looking at this map one this is noticeable. CA, with a huge population, is among the states that has tested the smallest percentage of it's population (tests per million). Considering not just the population, but the population density, the numbers of new cases could skyrocket as the incubation period runs on.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply
Old 03-24-2020, 12:58 PM   #668

Quote:

i know percentage was less then 1.5 % it was just a quick head calculation I'd say pretty close

WHO ??? Just kidding . there are reason mortality is higher world wide . italy has way more aged people infected and die increasing deaths . also the WHO test kits may not be that good considering how much higher the mortality rate is . just assuming
MR.M is offline   Reply
Old 03-24-2020, 01:43 PM   #669

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
i know percentage was less then 1.5 % it was just a quick head calculation I'd say pretty close

WHO ??? Just kidding . there are reason mortality is higher world wide . italy has way more aged people infected and die increasing deaths . also the WHO test kits may not be that good considering how much higher the mortality rate is . just assuming
Actually all you are getting right now is the death rate per number tested. What matters right now is numbers needing hospitalization and ventilators, and that's doubling every 3-4 days. The total numbers with the virus will only ever to be estimated, and they will only get good numbers on that until massive testing is done. The flu season numbers for total infected are always estimates.

2016 APEX 215rbk
2016 F-150 4WD 3.55 3.5l ecoboost
jwfrede is offline   Reply
Old 03-24-2020, 01:43 PM   #670

I just heard that the president wants everything opened back up on April 12,, HOORAY. Nothing should have ever closed in the first place. Just cost four trillion dollars, money we don’t have. I’m not politically or any thing like that. Orvan is open for business and I can get my camper worked on. Hopefully all the campgrounds will open back up. I hope the Blue Gate Restaurant in Shipshewana IN is open by the time I get there. The Blue Gate Restaurant makes the worlds best fried chicken, they pressure fry the chicken, yum yum
travlinon is offline   Reply
Old 03-24-2020, 02:37 PM   #671
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlinon View Post
I just heard that the president wants everything opened back up on April 12,, HOORAY. Nothing should have ever closed in the first place.
I'll just link this post here rather than reposting the info again. Post #17

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2293009
Iwritecode is offline   Reply
Old 03-24-2020, 02:38 PM   #672

Quote:
I just heard that the president wants everything opened back up on April 12,, HOORAY.
I wouldn't count on it. Most of the closures have been ordered by state and local health departments. Don't think he's closed anything.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:32 PM   #673

Quote:
I just heard that the president wants everything opened back up on April 12,, HOORAY. Nothing should have ever closed in the first place. Just cost four trillion dollars, money we don’t have. I’m not politically or any thing like that. Orvan is open for business and I can get my camper worked on. Hopefully all the campgrounds will open back up. I hope the Blue Gate Restaurant in Shipshewana IN is open by the time I get there. The Blue Gate Restaurant makes the worlds best fried chicken, they pressure fry the chicken , yum yum
So does KFC. [emoji57]

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply
Old 03-24-2020, 06:51 PM   #674

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
So does KFC. [emoji57]
Wrong. KFC doesn’t pressure fry chicken anymore. The last few years of Colonel Sanders life when he was doing commercials you may have noticed he didn’t talk. The corporation that owned KFC changed the rules on frying chicken. Colonel Sanders said he had to be in the commercials but nothing was in the contract about talking. KFC quit pressure frying chicken and gizzards. Blue Gate still cooks chicken like the Colonel did. Any restaurant can fry chicken. If this nonsense keeps up the Goshen International rally will be cancelled
Old 03-24-2020, 07:01 PM   #675

Quote:
Wrong. KFC doesn’t pressure fry chicken anymore. The last few years of Colonel Sanders life when he was doing commercials you may have noticed he didn’t talk. The corporation that owned KFC changed the rules on frying chicken. Colonel Sanders said he had to be in the commercials but nothing was in the contract about talking. KFC quit pressure frying chicken and gizzards. Blue Gate still cooks chicken like the Colonel did. Any restaurant can fry chicken. If this nonsense keeps up the Goshen International rally will be cancelled

https://www.kfc.com/about/how-kfc-makes-chicken

Their website says they pressure fry it.

However both do it, I LOVE both of 'em. Thigh and Leg please.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 03-24-2020, 07:35 PM   #676

Our camping plans are about the only plans that haven't changed. Our camper and home are the best places to practice social distancing. As long as we can still find places to camp. If all else fails, there's the driveway.

'19 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
'17 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL
Mickey the Rescue Project Schnauzer
Days Camped: '17-39, '18-61, '19-64, '20-38
bedubya is offline   Reply
Old 03-24-2020, 08:13 PM   #677

Quote:
I just heard that the president wants everything opened back up on April 12,, HOORAY. Nothing should have ever closed in the first place. Just cost four trillion dollars, money we don’t have. I’m not politically or any thing like that. Orvan is open for business and I can get my camper worked on. Hopefully all the campgrounds will open back up. I hope the Blue Gate Restaurant in Shipshewana IN is open by the time I get there. The Blue Gate Restaurant makes the worlds best fried chicken, they pressure fry the chicken, yum yum
I thought that the Indiana Governor today implemented 'Stay at Home' decree similar to what Illinois and other states have done. Won't that affect Orvan also? Maybe not. You might be able to do a carry-out from the Blue Gate though. Good luck and stay safe.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply
Old 03-24-2020, 08:30 PM   #678

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBill View Post
I thought that the Indiana Governor today implemented 'Stay at Home' decree similar to what Illinois and other states have done. Won't that affect Orvan also? Maybe not. You might be able to do a carry-out from the Blue Gate though. Good luck and stay safe.
I called Orvan today and he is open, working on campers. I’ll be there on April 22. Maybe it’s because he is Amish, I don’t know. I know he is the best at fixing Cedar Creek’s, he is better than the factory
Old 03-24-2020, 08:37 PM   #679

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBill View Post

Orvan works "at home". Well, within about 40 feet.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 03-24-2020, 08:45 PM   #680

Quote:
I called Orvan today and he is open, working on campers. I’ll be there on April 22. Maybe it’s because he is Amish, I don’t know. I know he is the best at fixing Cedar Creek’s, he is better than the factory
You are right about being the best and being better than the factory. By the 22nd things might be good. I was suppose to be there for repairs on the 31st but I cancelled. Could have rescheduled to April 13th but opted to wait till May 11th. Orvan and his group are too good too have them contract this nasty virus.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply
Closed Thread