Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 09:03 PM   #681

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedubya View Post
Our camping plans are about the only plans that haven't changed. Our camper and home are the best places to practice social distancing. As long as we can still find places to camp. If all else fails, there's the driveway.
x2

For a few years we had an old motor home that wasnt reliable to take very far, but we did take it out back of the horse pastures when the grandchildren came and go "camping" and we all loved it. Cant do that now with the new camper, might get a scratch on it.

RockinH Bill
2019 Silverback 37RTH
2014 Shadow LQ 3 horse select
2015 Ram Laramie DRW
2012 Kaw Concours
Rockinh is offline   Reply
Old 03-24-2020, 09:25 PM   #682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob2019 View Post
I just heard that the president wants everything opened back up on April 12,, !
He didn't close anything.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:36 PM   #683

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinh View Post
x2

For a few years we had an old motor home that wasnt reliable to take very far, but we did take it out back of the horse pastures when the grandchildren came and go "camping" and we all loved it. Cant do that now with the new camper, might get a scratch on it.
I was thinking about taking the camper into the pasture and boondocking.
2018 25 2019 25
2020 24 2021 28 2022 302023 30
Coolharts is offline   Reply
Old 03-25-2020, 12:45 PM   #684

I just read this on rvtravel.com:

"The state of New Mexico was the first to close its state park campgrounds. But now, Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham has authorized the parks to reopen at 50 percent capacity."

You folks in NM: is this true? Seems like a rational decision.

2016 APEX 215rbk
2016 F-150 4WD 3.55 3.5l ecoboost
jwfrede is offline   Reply
Old 03-25-2020, 01:02 PM   #685

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfrede View Post
I just read this on rvtravel.com:

"The state of New Mexico was the first to close its state park campgrounds. But now, Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham has authorized the parks to reopen at 50 percent capacity."

You folks in NM: is this true? Seems like a rational decision.
Not true as far as I can tell. Last word is everything is closed until April 9th when it will be reevaluated. Can't imagine NM governor reversing anything at this point. All national parks/areas in NM were all recently closed.
Why do you think opening state parks (or anything) before the peak of infections is rational?
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply
Old 03-25-2020, 01:04 PM   #686
Señor Member

Hopefully they would only open the odd or even numbered sites. Not simply sites 1-50 out of 100.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:07 PM   #687
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlinon View Post
I just heard that the president wants everything opened back up on April 12,, HOORAY. Nothing should have ever closed in the first place. Just cost four trillion dollars, money we don’t have. I’m not politically or any thing like that. Orvan is open for business and I can get my camper worked on. Hopefully all the campgrounds will open back up. I hope the Blue Gate Restaurant in Shipshewana IN is open by the time I get there. The Blue Gate Restaurant makes the worlds best fried chicken, they pressure fry the chicken, yum yum
You heard that because that is what the media wanted you to hear. That is not what he said.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply
Old 03-25-2020, 02:31 PM   #688

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Not true as far as I can tell. Last word is everything is closed until April 9th when it will be reevaluated. Can't imagine NM governor reversing anything at this point. All national parks/areas in NM were all recently closed.
Why do you think opening state parks (or anything) before the peak of infections is rational?
Its a free country, or used to be. If you aren't interacting with other people you aren't going to get the corona virus or spread it. Of course, for this example that means you aren't using the public restroom or congregating with other campers.

Just because NYC hasn't reached peak infections doesn't mean the rural, sparsely populated areas will even have enough infections to have a peak infection. Of course, if people are congregating in every small town thinking hey this ain't NYC we can fit everyone in the county into the local bar for socializing with adult beverages than they'll have problems too.

If your view is too many people refuse to do the simple things of isolate, maintain social distance, wash hands after touching foreign surfaces, etc. even when spread out camping in the countryside, maybe that's true, or maybe not. Great numbers of people aren't following these rules in cities, beaches, etc. that we see on TV and even some people in parks have been seen congregating too much.

At some point we're going to have to stop reducing everyone's freedoms for
for fear that too many people won't be smart about it and won't follow simple rules for their own good. Otherwise we have a police state.

When more people get the message and when massive testing becomes ever more practical then more rational procedures less damaging to the economy and everyone's liberties can be employed. I hoped that in rural areas of mostly empty govt land where few people live we are at that point. I am baffled why BLM roads are blocked when the folks are heading out there with the objective of avoiding other people in the first place.

Of course, I realize some people are ruled by fear or think its unfair if NYC folks are told to stay in their homes while a bunch of other people can move around in open country and they want a total lockdown. But that is a different issue, its about control and ruling people by emotion, not rational rules of health safety in the real world.

So yes, opening land where people can go and be by themselves when other places 100s of miles away haven't reached peak infection is perfectly rational for freedom loving people.

2016 APEX 215rbk
Old 03-25-2020, 03:13 PM   #689
Site Team

My thinking is the youngsters (who are just like us at that age and think they are bulletproof) will possibly use these out of sight camping places to congregate now that the beaches and bars have closed.

Shutting the gates keeps them out too, and thus the social distancing.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply
Old 03-25-2020, 03:27 PM   #690

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
My thinking is the youngsters (who are just like us at that age and think they are bulletproof) will possibly use these out of sight camping places to congregate now that the beaches and bars have closed.

Shutting the gates keeps them out too, and thus the social distancing.
Some of them. Granted many would like to and no doubt have been busy in local county parks. But how many have a nice big Flagstaff 831 RLBSS trailer and the vehicle to pull it a hundred of miles away from home? I think there is like a 50yr age limit for buying this things. If everyone keeps those keys safe we can reduce that potential problem.

2016 APEX 215rbk
Old 03-25-2020, 03:32 PM   #691
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfrede View Post
Some of them. Granted many would like to and no doubt have been busy in local county parks. But how many have a nice big Flagstaff 831 RLBSS trailer and the vehicle to pull it a hundred of miles away from home? I think there is like a 50yr age limit for buying this things. If everyone keeps those keys safe we can reduce that potential problem.
Who needs an RV when you're at an age where it doesn't bother you to tent camp or just sleep in the back of a truck . I remember several outings in my youth where we did just that. I first met my future senior prom date at one of these outings. Good thing this Covid19 wasn't around then. Lol

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:39 PM   #692

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
I wouldn't count on it. Most of the closures have been ordered by state and local health departments. Don't think he's closed anything.
I’m going to start early, I’m planning on going to Myrtle Beach SC the first week in April the start for Topeka IN another the 13 of April. I’ll check on open campgrounds, there is just me and the wife
travlinon is offline   Reply
Old 03-25-2020, 03:45 PM   #693

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Who needs an RV when you're at an age where it doesn't bother you to tent camp or just sleep in the back of a truck . I remember several outings in my youth where we did just that. I first met my future senior prom date at one of these outings. Good thing this Covid19 wasn't around then. Lol
I was joking, obviously. But at a certain level you can never stop the kids from congregating. Not even the soviet union could stop that.

2016 APEX 215rbk
Old 03-25-2020, 03:52 PM   #694

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBill View Post
You are right about being the best and being better than the factory. By the 22nd things might be good. I was suppose to be there for repairs on the 31st but I cancelled. Could have rescheduled to April 13th but opted to wait till May 11th. Orvan and his group are too good too have them contract this nasty virus.
Orvan and his crew are working every day now.
travlinon is offline   Reply
Old 03-25-2020, 03:56 PM   #695
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlinon View Post
...I’ll check on open campgrounds, there is just me and the wife
And everyone else with the same idea.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:25 PM   #696
Site Team

OK, evidently this thread is going out of bounds. It is being closed so the site team can review it, delete posts, and answer the complaints. Please review the sticky that we have at the top of this subtopic, which is copied again for those who may have just scanned over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Please read carefully:

Because of the very high interest and posting activity regarding COVID-19, the site team has established this temporary new forum to contain all threads related to this topic. We have moved existing threads on this topic to this new forum and will continue to move posts and new threads to this area of the forum, regardless of where they were initially posted.

All Community Rules will be strictly enforced in this forum. Posts in violation of the rules may be deleted without notification based on the judgment of the moderators. In addition, posts that exhibit fear-mongering or other anti-social behavior may result in the author’s posting privileges being restricted. Please be especially cautious about posting politically charged content and be sure to report problem posts.

There has been a lot of very useful information and perspective shared here on this topic, but unfortunately also a good bit that doesn't align with forum rules. Please respect your fellow members by thinking through this before posting:

- Is it true?
- Is it helpful?
- Is it kind?

If you have any questions about this, feel free to message any moderator.

Wishing good health to all,
The Site Team

P.S. Now go wash your hands!

Closed Thread