Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2021, 07:19 AM   #1

Camping in Ontario is being canceled!

Overnight camping in Ontario is being canceled. Has anyone else had enough of this?
Canoe Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2021, 07:48 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoe Al View Post
Overnight camping in Ontario is being canceled. Has anyone else had enough of this?
That's too bad. I think its been proven now that shut-downs of all kinds don't do much, and now the "experts" report masking up doesn't, either. We've had enough, too.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2021, 08:02 AM   #3

Iíve been trying to get into a National park in Maine and it looks like they shut down over 1/2 the camp sites for this season.
Looks like all the larger sites have been closed, all the smaller sites are opened.
Old 05-31-2021, 08:11 AM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Camping in Ontario HAS been closed this year since the beginning of the season.....typically early May, as a result of COVID. The latest proposal for opening campgrounds is now June 14.

Your posting makes it sound as if this is something that just occurred.

Reservations for EVERYONE are difficult because of the increase in RV traffic which started last year. Sales and rentals have seen record activity. Vacancies have been identified by everyone on this forum all over North America to be as difficult as they’ve ever been. Slowly, some areas are only just starting to open, and the congestion continues.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD
and if we ever need it, can be pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2021, 08:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Quote:

Camping in Ontario HAS been closed this year since the beginning of the season.....typically early May, as a result of COVID. The latest proposal for opening campgrounds is now June 14.

Your posting makes it sound as if this is something that just occurred.

Reservations for EVERYONE are difficult because of the increase in RV traffic which started last year. Sales and rentals have seen record activity. Vacancies have been identified by everyone on this forum all over North America to be as difficult as they’ve ever been. Slowly, some areas are only just starting to open, and the congestion continues.

I’m not sure where you are coming from. My May 24 weekend at Kill bear provincial park was cancelled due to provincial lockdowns and now my Father’s Day is being canceled as well. There is no overnight camping in provincial parks in Ontario. Until June 14 And that May get extended.

But I get it COVID is rampant at night especially in trailers!
Old 05-31-2021, 08:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyg View Post
That's too bad. I think its been proven now that shut-downs of all kinds don't do much, and now the "experts" report masking up doesn't, either. We've had enough, too.
Sorry, don't want to get political, but what you said is totally false.
PhilFromMaine is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2021, 08:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilFromMaine View Post
Sorry, don't want to get political, but what you said is totally false.

I was being sarcastic. I guess that didnít come through
Old 05-31-2021, 09:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
Iíve been trying to get into a National park in Maine and it looks like they shut down over 1/2 the camp sites for this season.
Looks like all the larger sites have been closed, all the smaller sites are opened.
We got a week at Schoodic Woods, in Acadia NP for the end of June at a drive through loop for big rigs. All sites are drive through. Now, I will admit that the Park's on line process is FU and at first we thought everything was taken.

They have a policy that you can not book sooner than 60 days in advance. Once you are in the 60 day window, check everyday because people do cancel. So right now, you can book for July 31 and your max number of days you are allowed.

Also of interest, there was a local news story that New Brunswick will open up on July1 to cross border travel.
Old 05-31-2021, 09:31 AM   #9

Quote:
I was being sarcastic. I guess that didnít come through
Canoe Al, LOL! What I do on the rare times that I'm not being serious, is put in parenthesises (Sarcasm off) at the end of my statement.
Have a good one!
Old 05-31-2021, 01:02 PM   #10
Trailer Park Supervisor

This is too bad. As someone who nearly died from COVID and takes more precautions than most, I don't believe this is being spread by campers outdoors. I still take precautions indoors in public places, despite shots. Younger friend of mine just caught it despite vax, from a co-worker who didn't want vax. Luckily that friend only had mild symptoms. The guy who didn't vax and he suspects gave it to him, not doing so well.
Old 05-31-2021, 01:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilFromMaine View Post
We got a week at Schoodic Woods, in Acadia NP for the end of June at a drive through loop for big rigs. All sites are drive through. Now, I will admit that the Park's on line process is FU and at first we thought everything was taken.

They have a policy that you can not book sooner than 60 days in advance. Once you are in the 60 day window, check everyday because people do cancel. So right now, you can book for July 31 and your max number of days you are allowed.

Also of interest, there was a local news story that New Brunswick will open up on July1 to cross border travel.

We noticed all the big rig sites are Closed on the web reservation site. We will keep checking as we get closer to our planned trip.
Old 05-31-2021, 03:56 PM   #12
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Iím not sure where you are coming from. My May 24 weekend at Kill bear provincial park was cancelled due to provincial lockdowns and now my Fatherís Day is being canceled as well. There is no overnight camping in provincial parks in Ontario. Until June 14 And that May get extended.

But I get it COVID is rampant at night especially in trailers!
Al, I think weíre saying the same thing.
If it wasnít for COVID, Ontario wouldnít be in the lockdowns weíve had over the past year.

The COVID numbers in the medical system have us in lockdown right now, and if the numbers meet expectations, camping in Ontario will open for the first time this year in Ontario starting June 14. Our reservations to go camping since May 16 have all been cancelled because of COVID and our lockdowns.

Fatherís Day is June 20 this year, so Iím not sure why your camping is cancelled for that date......weíre not there yet.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD
and if we ever need it, can be pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2021, 04:02 PM   #13
Site Team

This thread is Closed pending review by the Site Team.
2020 Ford Expedition Platinum 4X4 with Heavy Duty Tow Package and 1,524# Payload
RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2021, 02:52 PM   #14
Site Team

This Thread has been Reviewed and Edited by the Site Team. Please make sure any comments comply with the posting guidelines Here.
2020 Ford Expedition Platinum 4X4 with Heavy Duty Tow Package and 1,524# Payload
RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2021, 06:10 PM   #15

Cancel Canada

Quote:
We also cancelled our plans to see Niagara Falls because Canada may be still closed in July.
hikerjohn7 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2021, 06:42 AM   #16
Site Team

Hot button activated.

This thread -could be very informative- if everyone leaves the theory, conjecture and opinion out.
In other words if you have ACTUAL facts about border or province or state closures please let us know.

If you have an opinion about vaccinations, masks, or the need for said closures this is NOT the place for it.
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-42
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2021, 12:38 AM   #17

Hello, every year we arrange a camping vacation. However, because of the pandemic and lockdown last year, we cancelled our trip to Banff. We decided to postpone the vacation until this year, and we're planned a trek and camping trip in the Canadian Rockies. My neighbour claims that the hiking trails are closed. My kids are all packed and ready to go on their adventure. I'll have to double-check to see if the sites are still open.
karenjfoster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2021, 08:02 AM   #18

Provincial Park campgrounds in Ontario ARE OPEN.
we camped last week. Only real issue now is that they are all fully booked however it seems that many booking may be longer than the booker really wanted but panicked because of the pressures and will cancel the extra days....keep looking and you may get lucky...Happy camping.

Tags
camping, led