Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2023, 10:32 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Same up here in WA. From what was reported it was more for the park employee's protection

I prefer boondocking over parks, both private and state/national, as no reservations are required and more space in my "site" (not to mention cost). Fortunate in how many nearby areas I can boondock and enjoy nature.
I need to find more places to boondock around Lebanon, Oregon. I'm concerned about the large homeless population that are living in barely serviceable RV's though and whom I might encounter.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2023, 05:54 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
I need to find more places to boondock around Lebanon, Oregon. I'm concerned about the large homeless population that are living in barely serviceable RV's though and whom I might encounter.
Check out the app Free Campsites (freecampsites.net)

Shows quite a few possibilities both E and W of Lebanon.

Around here the homeless don't wander far from the bigger cities. More free stuff in town

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2023, 09:05 AM   #23

This was a timely feed into my Youtube feed this morning.
https://youtu.be/nbVjnGtrFBk
Husky CenterLine WDH
GolfingDave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2023, 09:25 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfingDave View Post
I wonder how many people take the bait and just click on a Youtube video link with no information given as to what it might be. I don’t.

Can you at least say how this video relates to the discussion about camping being a refuge from COVID threat?
Old 02-17-2023, 11:57 AM   #25

The concept of camping being a refuge from Covid is on a lot of people's minds. I still think of it as a refuge from the news, politics, electronic devices and the daily grind.

It breaks the routine and gets us out in Nature. It allows for conversation, comradery and the quiet. It is a time for exercise and some good sleep. I catch up on my reading. It is a refuge indeed.
ppine is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2023, 12:34 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppine View Post
The concept of camping being a refuge from Covid is on a lot of people's minds. I still think of it as a refuge from the news, politics, electronic devices and the daily grind.

It breaks the routine and gets us out in Nature. It allows for conversation, comradery and the quiet. It is a time for exercise and some good sleep. I catch up on my reading. It is a refuge indeed.
I agree with you completely. Our favorite camping spots have absolutely no cell signal. When we want communication with the outside world, we drive 5 miles to the top of a mountain. We spent most of covid there to escape the theater and fear mongering until some realistic facts were known.
I fear there is no refuge from covid, anywhere. Just like the common cold and the flu. No escape.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2023, 02:08 PM   #27
waybeck2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppine View Post

We absolutely agree with you. We have not camped as often as we would have liked to in the past year due to both having some medical issues. But those seem to be resolved and we have three trips planned already this year.

As to Covid, we had all shots and boosters, wore masks when in a crowded space and always used the juice after interacting with stores, etc and especially doctor offices. Plus I am O+ so maybe that helped. Wife is A. I normally did all the essential things that required going into stores and she stayed home at my insistence.

We were blessed to stay healthy through it all.

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2023, 04:05 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
I wonder how many people take the bait and just click on a Youtube video link with no information given as to what it might be. I don’t.

Can you at least say how this video relates to the discussion about camping being a refuge from COVID threat?
Just a video about one of the many absurdities of Covid. I thought a picture of the video showed up when attached and that has the title in it. Guess not.

Just in my opinion going camping for the reason of staying away from people due to covid is an absurdity also.

Now just for wanting to get away, no problem. That is why I camp.
Husky CenterLine WDH
GolfingDave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2023, 08:09 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfingDave View Post
Thank you! Now my hip hurts from ROFLing!
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Tags
camping