Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2020, 02:49 PM   #1

Coronavirus at state park

We just learned that the state of Georgia is placing a containment center within the boundaries of Hard Labor Creek State Park. They’re putting in several trailers but all the park will divulge is “they will be in an unused part of the park” and isolated. I’m pretty familiar with that park and know that any areas with water and sewer are not very isolated.

Also, whoever gets stuck in those trailers is not going to have any cell service or internet access unless someone brings in a temporary cell tower. The entire park is a cellular dead location except for the area immediately around the main office...and even there the coverage is pathetic.

I’ve already cancelled my reservations there.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:46 PM   #2

Hanna Park Jacksonville Fla

Just received e mail saying city is closing park til April 1 and EVACUATING all campers . Guess i ll be leaving Florida early
ronrox18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 08:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
We just learned that the state of Georgia is placing a containment center within the boundaries of Hard Labor Creek State Park.
Couldn't they have picked a park with a friendlier name? From a cruise ship to a trailer will probably be quite a shock.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronrox18 View Post
Just received e mail saying city is closing park til April 1 and EVACUATING all campers . Guess i ll be leaving Florida early
Just the opposite up here. Georgia DNR published a statement that all state parks are operating normally. They stated that Hard Labor has a one acre area set aside for the corona virus patient containment area and full security measures are in effect.

Since they state the boat ramp is closed that narrows down the location area, which is maybe ½ mile straight line distance from the heart of the campground.

Maybe it’s “isolated” but the folks going to/from the area are passing through the most populated area of the park.

https://gastateparks.org/Alerts?_ga=...187.1583783551
Old 03-13-2020, 08:15 PM   #5
Señor Member

Quote:
We just learned that the state of Georgia is placing a containment center within the boundaries of Hard Labor Creek State Park. They’re putting in several trailers...

I wonder if these are FEMA trailers they are bringing in. Who manufactures FEMA trailers?
Old 03-13-2020, 11:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Maybe it’s “isolated” but the folks going to/from the area are passing through the most populated area of the park.
As long as everyone passing through stays in their vehicles and over 6 feet away from others that's supposed to be adequate "distancing".

As long as they don't touch surfaces that will be in common with other campers-------

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote