Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2020, 07:48 PM   #1

Covid-19 quarantine while traveling to other states

We cancelled our May plans for travel from NY to AZ but are hoping to resume traveling to other states in early June. Hopefully, travel issues by NY registered vehicles will no longer be an issue by then.

With that in mind, however, regarding states that have or still require 14 day quarantine for travelers from other states, has anyone actually been questioned and/or required to quarantine in their travels for overnight stays or while remaining for a few days?? It would seem that remaining in or living out of an RV while traveling, exiting only for refuel, groceries or other essential activities would be living in a quarantine environment (same as at home when not a full timer). I am wondering if remaining in the RV while traveling explanation of self-quarantine (which it is IMHO) has been used in discussions and what the perspective or response has been from any LEOs, etc.
kaycc17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 05:00 PM   #2

Hawaii is definitely harassing anybody caught breaking quarantine. But that's not a problem for folks driving RVs.

Virginia had mandated no stays of less than 14 days in private RV parks.

Fred W
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 05:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaycc17 View Post
We cancelled our May plans for travel from NY to AZ but are hoping to resume traveling to other states in early June. Hopefully, travel issues by NY registered vehicles will no longer be an issue by then.

With that in mind, however, regarding states that have or still require 14 day quarantine for travelers from other states, has anyone actually been questioned and/or required to quarantine in their travels for overnight stays or while remaining for a few days?? It would seem that remaining in or living out of an RV while traveling, exiting only for refuel, groceries or other essential activities would be living in a quarantine environment (same as at home when not a full timer). I am wondering if remaining in the RV while traveling explanation of self-quarantine (which it is IMHO) has been used in discussions and what the perspective or response has been from any LEOs, etc.
I have found 0 enforcement of quarantine orders . not to say it can't happen but unlikely . no one knows how long you've been in state . Not even the campground your staying at . after all you may have come from another campground instate .Montana has a 14 day quarantine not enforced . after my first couple days here went fishing .I'll be danged if i'll sit in my unit when the fish are biting . went out caught plenty had a fish and wildlife officer come up asked about the fishing and then asked if i cared to take part in a servery about the lake and the fishing . Never questioned how long i had been in state
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 07:03 PM   #4

Thank you for your response(s). It seems that what I have gathered generally, is the campground makes the determination whether to accept or not accept reservations from certain states. Understandably, campground owners must protect themselves depending on what the locals, county or states may require.
kaycc17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel