Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 12:45 PM   #1

COVID vaccine

Yea!!!! We got our first of two vaccine shot this AM....

Second round in 28 days.....
Old 01-14-2021, 12:47 PM   #2

Congratulations! Keep wearing those masks and social distancing. No vaccine has 100% immunity.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:17 PM   #3
Trailer Park Supervisor

to add to Snowbird, you won't achieve immunity for several weeks, and then only about 50% till you get 2nd shot.

Trying to get an appointment here in NJ, everything is booked. I'm up there at top of list due to some medical issues.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:27 PM   #4

Good for you!!!!!
Old 01-14-2021, 11:16 PM   #5

I mention this a couple weeks ago, but its worth repeating.

A new drug, called Leronlimab has just finished its phase 3 Covid Trial for Severe-Critical. The last patient was enrolled 28 days ago. Results will come soon and I expect approval for this drug. Its a miracle drug. Its done testing on HIV and they are currently enrolling patients with longhaulers symptoms of Covid. Many cancers will be tested, as well as NASH a fatty liver disease. MS. and Stroke among other indications, because they found the drug passes the blood brain barrier. You have the "right to try" the drug, under federal law. search Cytodyn Corporation in Vancouver, Wa. Tell your doctors. They can get it for you. If you want to enroll in a trial, call Cytodyn.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Yea!!!! We got our first of two vaccine shot this AM....

Second round in 28 days.....
Got mine on Wednesday, second one scheduled for Feb 10
Old 01-15-2021, 10:12 AM   #7
Trailer Park Supervisor

Good Coney. I just got a blanket email from Summit Medical, a local hospital/medical group, begging people to stop calling to try to make an appointment, they are inundated with calls. I signed up with state AND county.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:36 AM   #8

Nice that you could get it and did!!!!!!!

The local health dept. here is inundated with calls and said to not returning them to anyone including health care facilities. I work for the state and investigate covid work related deaths so I figure it will be June before I can get the vaccine.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Old 01-15-2021, 10:58 AM   #9
Insert witty title here

I don't know when my turn will come but when it does, I will run to the vaccination site with my sleeve rolled up.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
Old 01-15-2021, 11:09 AM   #10
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
I don't know when my turn will come but when it does, I will run to the vaccination site with my sleeve rolled up.
Hoping the rest of the country is as smart as you! I survived COVID back in March/April. Was a month I'll never ever forget. I'm still terrified of possibility of catching it again, it would surely finish me off. I'm 55 btw, was 54 when I got it.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:25 AM   #11

My daughter got her second shot earlier this week. She mentioned side affects were worse with the second shot.
Days camped 2021: 19
Days camped 2020: 18
Days camped 2019: 17
Old 01-15-2021, 11:42 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
My daughter got her second shot earlier this week. She mentioned side affects were worse with the second shot.
Daughter is a nurse and got her second shot last week. She also had side affects that only lasted a day. Wife and I are scheduled to get our first shot tomorrow
Old 01-15-2021, 11:54 AM   #13

Arizona has just opened up Phase 1B Provisional from 70 and above to 65 and above, but our county has decided not to follow suit at this time, so we wait for 1C or the county to catch up.
My primary health care is provided at the Army fort 45 miles down the road and two days ago I received a message asking if I wanted to be placed on their priority list due to health issues. My husband is also a veteran but his healthcare is closer to town so he has to wait for his age group/health conditions to open for registration. Whichever opportunity presents itself first we will be there.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Old 01-15-2021, 12:29 PM   #14
Trailer Park Supervisor

They already opened it up to the health issues population here, just too many people and not enough vaccine or staff to administer it I guess.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:06 PM   #15

Here in FL we are doing the 65+ group. When appointments come available they are booked within minutes. I was lucky enough to get 1 appointment today for next week with the follow-up for the second shot also scheduled in Feb. It will be for my wife as I am not 65 for another couple of months plus I am on the list to get mine through the VA.

We will be glad to get the vaccine, this stuff can be very dangerous for some people. We had 1 of the people in our neighborhood pass away from it about 16 hours after she started to feel ill. I also had a friend who was 46 pass away. He was put on blood thinners because the COVID was causing clots in his lungs. The blood thinner caused a brain bleed which is what actually caused his death. It does count as a COVID death because he would still be alive if he hadn’t caught the disease. I don’t know where he caught it but he was a first responder who was very often on the ambulance crew with the local volunteer Fire Department so I have my suspicions.
2022 F150 Powerboost Hybrid.
Old 01-15-2021, 02:24 PM   #16
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
They already opened it up to the health issues population here, just too many people and not enough vaccine or staff to administer it I guess.
The wheels of the "bureaucracy" turn slow. Watched a report last evening where an old Sears store was converted to a vaccination point. It reported could handle 100 inoculations at a time. There was "1" person present getting the vaccine! Lots of people standing around doing nothing.

Should have let the military administer the vaccine. I remember in 1976 when the Swine Flu broke out. I was stationed at Ft Bragg, NC. The entire military and civilian populations of Ft Bragg and Pope AFB (over 40,000 souls), were vaccinated in 3 days!
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
Old 01-15-2021, 04:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
The wheels of the "bureaucracy" turn slow. Watched a report last evening where an old Sears store was converted to a vaccination point. It reported could handle 100 inoculations at a time. There was "1" person present getting the vaccine! Lots of people standing around doing nothing.

Should have let the military administer the vaccine. I remember in 1976 when the Swine Flu broke out. I was stationed at Ft Bragg, NC. The entire military and civilian populations of Ft Bragg and Pope AFB (over 40,000 souls), were vaccinated in 3 days!
I've been thinking that the Military should be in charge of distribution and vaccination too.

This morning I was listening to the news and it seems that all the hold back supplies of vaccine, held back for the second round, doesn't exist (or so they said). They also pointed out that every state is creating their own rules and most, like my state, have only dispensed a third or less of the vaccine(s) they received.

Another interesting part of the news, it appears that "Vaccine Tourism" has started. Florida decided to release vaccines to anyone, I think over 65 if I recall correctly, so people are traveling there from other states just for the Vaccine.

The good news is that we now have two viable vaccines. The bad news is that there is no real plan for dispensing it. Well, not exactly no plan. There are 50 plans that seem to be ineffective at best.

Here in WA State, specifically the Greater Seattle area, they're still trying to figure out how to vaccinate Firemen. With all the paramedic's and emt's in the dept you'd think they could fine a few qualified "needle stickers".

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Old 01-15-2021, 05:15 PM   #18
Trailer Park Supervisor

I heard same thing Mike. My concern is, will they have vaccine when needed for 2nd shot? If 2nd shot is not administered in timely fashion, will it be a big waste of time? The first shot only gives about 50% efficacy after several weeks. There are already cases of people thinking they are bullet proof after first shot going out and getting themselves infected.
Old 01-15-2021, 05:23 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post

Here in WA State, specifically the Greater Seattle area, they're still trying to figure out how to vaccinate Firemen. With all the paramedic's and emt's in the dept you'd think they could fine a few qualified "needle stickers".
Most firefighters/basic EMTs aren't allowed to do injections, IVs nor draw blood. Generally you have to be a paramedic. Some departments have enhanced EMTs that have a broader scope of practice. When I was a FF/EMT, we weren't even allowed to use an Epi pen on a patient. We would have to hand it to the patient to do it. That has changed since then. So they would have to get the agency to greenlight regular EMTs to do injections. Of course there would have to be a short official training course, for CYA purposes.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
Old 01-15-2021, 06:06 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Most firefighters/basic EMTs aren't allowed to do injections, IVs nor draw blood. Generally you have to be a paramedic. Some departments have enhanced EMTs that have a broader scope of practice. When I was a FF/EMT, we weren't even allowed to use an Epi pen on a patient. We would have to hand it to the patient to do it. That has changed since then. So they would have to get the agency to greenlight regular EMTs to do injections. Of course there would have to be a short official training course, for CYA purposes.
Even if they could only use paramedics, there should be plenty of them. In 2009 there were over 250 of them in Seattle alone, a number that most likely went up since then. In the US there's over 115,000 Paramedics on the national registry. Seems like more than just a few might be available for vaccination duty and fire stations might make a good community vaccination location.

The whole process is an a state of "paralysis through analysis".

I find it interesting how I can go and get a flu shot from my pharmacist but those with far more training aren't considered "qualified" ?????????

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Closed Thread