Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 07:05 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
A big thumbs up to you for ignoring the questionable info that's flooded the internet.

I've been eligible to get mine right after the Healthcare Workers and First Responders. Vaccines here have been scarce so I'll get mine Feb 8 as well.

My biggest gripe is that all the sites here that are doing the vaccinating have no idea when, or how many, vaccines they will receive at any given time. When they get them they open up the online reservation sites and poof, all appointments are gone in 2 hours or less.

If there is a real plan, it needs some severe tweaks if they want to finish vaccinating before this time next year.

FWIW, I'm getting my shot from the Medical Group my Dr belongs to. Targeted to their own patients and being conducted at their clinics in several geographical locations. Their organization and appointment system seems to be far more streamlined than the huge vaccination sites being sponsored by our County.
A lot of truth in your comments. We used a county drive through site and got the second shot yesterday. They were giving 1st shots in January and have switched to 2nd. shots in February. From my understanding the target goal is 1300 shots/day. Very organized with national guard personal and equipment on site. On the flip side, the online appointment registration system is a mess, but last week they opened a statewide pre-registration site. All provided correspondence always includes the availability statement.
2017 Laredo 325RL Sold
2016 Vengeance 29V Sold
1970 Yellowstone Used as down payment for first house
Old 02-03-2021, 03:46 PM   #42

X3. We just got ours and eill continue to socially distance and wear the mask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
X 2 and I will be getting my 2nd shot Feb 13 and will continue to wear mask when out and about. Later RJD
Old 02-05-2021, 02:49 AM   #43

I thought that if we already have the vaccine proof then we would be an exemption but it turns out we are not. Hotels and other parks still don't have a protocol for this but hopefully, by mid-year, people with vaccines will have more freedom to travel (but still wearing masks and following the protocols).
Old 02-05-2021, 06:37 AM   #44
Camping the Natural State

I work in healthcare. The vaccine seems to be working already. I got the double shot Phizer. I had flu symptoms for 30 hours after the 2nd shot. I will not wear a mask outside.
Old 02-05-2021, 06:17 PM   #45

It’s an experimental vaccine

I don’t understand why you let big pharma experiment on you. Norway, Germany, and Switzerland have stopped giving the stab to 65 plus. Too many deaths. But you know , hey it’s just old folks.
Old 02-05-2021, 06:30 PM   #46

I will not take the vaccine. Too many questions about the long term effects.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
Old 02-05-2021, 06:34 PM   #47
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
I will not take the vaccine. Too many questions about the long term effects.
From what I can tell, the long term affects from the disease are potentially worse...
Old 02-05-2021, 07:04 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
From what I can tell, the long term affects from the disease are potentially worse...
Hopefully those who are unsure and want to wait don't find themselves learning of those "long term effects of the disease" first hand.

So far the worst effects of the vaccine seem to be flu-like symptoms for a day or so. I can handle that rather than what some patients go through. A local hospital just released a patient, an Alaska Native woman and Covid patient, who's been in the hospital for over 50 days. Suffered both heart and kidney failure during that time. Her brother died from the virus. Both in their mid 30's.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Old 02-05-2021, 07:28 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Hope that works well for all of you. Me? I'm gladly going for my vaccine a week from monday.

Funny thing, regardless of all the fear mongering, millions have been vaccinated and they aren't dropping like flies.
One of my VA health team providers put it like this, "whether you're foolish for thinking the vaccine is worthless and will do you harm, or foolish for thinking that the vaccine will protect you, the fools will weed themselves out".

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
Old 02-05-2021, 07:35 PM   #50

I got my second Moderna shot today (10:30 am). So far no reactions. Tomorrow my DW will get her 1st Pfizer shot.

We have/will continue to wear masks when in public areas and can't social distance until the numbers of case/deaths per day drop considerably from where they are today. I see it as global, we are all in this together. The more we all do together, the sooner we all get back to a more normal life.

Stay safe everyone.
2019 F150 Screw, 6.5 bed, 3.5 Twin Turbo EcoBoost
w/ Trailer Tow Package - Yellow Sticker Payload : 1810 lbs. (sold)
Old 02-05-2021, 11:14 PM   #51
Site Team

Ok this thread is requiring way too much site team time , to keep it within our covid19 posting guidelines after the latest deletion. Thread closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Please read carefully:

Because of the very high interest and posting activity regarding COVID-19, the site team has established this temporary new forum to contain all threads related to this topic. We have moved existing threads on this topic to this new forum and will continue to move posts and new threads to this area of the forum, regardless of where they were initially posted.

All Community Rules will be strictly enforced in this forum. Posts in violation of the rules may be deleted without notification based on the judgment of the moderators. In addition, posts that exhibit fear-mongering or other anti-social behavior may result in the author’s posting privileges being restricted. Please be especially cautious about posting politically charged content and be sure to report problem posts.

There has been a lot of very useful information and perspective shared here on this topic, but unfortunately also a good bit that doesn't align with forum rules. Please respect your fellow members by thinking through this before posting:

- Is it true?
- Is it helpful?
- Is it kind?

If you have any questions about this, feel free to message any moderator.

Wishing good health to all,
The Site Team

P.S. Now go wash your hands!

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread