Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 01:11 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakfishingfool View Post
Getting my first on 12/31 at 1600. Screw this illness. I am tired of living like this. The science is good, the vaccine is safe, and I want to go out and enjoy life again. No worrying about what others are or aren't doing. Ya don't want to vaccine and get the disease, fine, but I will be protected....
Just be aware that the jury is out as to whether you can still transmit the virus even after being vaccinated, so I'd still be careful around grandma...
Old 12-24-2020, 01:24 PM   #42

Can it be that I am the only one who is reading the medical reports of many survivors experiencing permanent damage to numerous internal organs from Covid?

A 50 year old friend of mine got Covid-19 last May and recovered. During the hospital time he had 2 chest x-rays which showed only the disease indicators and no lung cancer. Three months later a chest x-ray showed Stage 3B lung cancer. His physicians think that there is most likely a Covid-19 link.
Old 12-24-2020, 01:27 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
Once you get the first shot stick around for the second. Some areas are giving the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and other areas are giving the Moderna vaccine. Between shots the Pfizer shot is 14 days, Moderna shot is 28 days. So far you don't get a choice of which vaccine you receive in your area. The testing on each vaccine has been done with the follow-up shot being the same vaccine as the first. As far as I know there has not been any testing done with the 2 shots being from different manufacturers. At this point in time who's to say that getting the second shot complements the first unless it's from the same manufacturer.

DW is in healthcare and got her first shot yesterday. The facility is giving some employees the Pfizer vaccine while others get the Moderna vaccine. My guess is they're doing their own test between the two.

I remember when I was in grade school in the late '50s, they had a vaccination for something which I can't remember what, and all the kids had to go to the gymnasium by classroom to get the shot. The school was small with 4 rooms having 2 grades each room. It was given by the county board of health with the assistance of the school nurse. Though there was a letter sent home to the parents prior to the vaccination day there wasn't a choice whether you got the shot or not. No one that I know of got sick or died.
Not to worry, still working for a bit. In healthcare so really looking forward to this for quite some time. This country depends on healthcare to save them and now they are depending on us to show them the safety and efficacy of this vaccine. We are up to the task!!!
Old 12-24-2020, 01:47 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
And do you still have the massive scaring on your left shoulder from the 6-8 needles being shoved in your arm at the same time? These scars show quickly to whom the government was doing medical tests on at that time.
Those scars were the result of the Smallpox vaccine used at the time. I got mine about that time as well as Polio Vaccine.

No "experimentaton", just working on what became o very successful csmpaign to stamp out a couple of horrible diseases.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Old 12-24-2020, 02:08 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Those scars were the result of the Smallpox vaccine used at the time. I got mine about that time as well as Polio Vaccine.

No "experimentaton", just working on what became o very successful csmpaign to stamp out a couple of horrible diseases.

Have you read about the polio vaccine and SV40?

Mike and JoAnne
Montana Summer / Arizona Winter
2016 Prism 24G /2002 HitchHiker 38LKTG
ACME EZTowing a 2015 Chevy Sonic RS Hatchback
Old 12-24-2020, 03:55 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiDudi View Post
Have you read about the polio vaccine and SV40?
No, but I am old enough to remember going down to the lake to picnic/swim as a young child (6? 7? in New Jersey) and asking my mother why there were so many teenagers at the lake on crutches - and no casts on their feet/legs.

Polio is truly a horrible disease, as is smallpox. Just the opposite of Covid, polio mostly affects children. Both polio and smallpox are ALMOST totally eradicated world-wide thanks to vaccinations. But the anti-vaxers have allowed them to survive.

An elderly couple in our Sunday School class went to California to visit friends and relatives in 2019, and came back with whooping cough (both). It took over a month for the Denver doctors to diagnose because they had never seen whooping cough before. It was horrible for the couple, took them 3 months to mostly recover, and didn't need to happen. But apparently whooping cough and measles have made a comeback on the West Coast as the population vaccinated has dipped below the number needed for crowd immunity.

In this country, you have the right not to take the Covid (or any other) vaccination. If you are older than 66, I'd like to have your place in line.

can't wait to get vaccinated
Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
Old 12-24-2020, 04:23 PM   #47

My DW is a polio survivor, and was still required to take the Salk vaccine after the fact.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
Old 12-24-2020, 04:34 PM   #48
Site Team

This thread has been closed for cleanup. The OP asked a legitimate question regarding the mechanics of getting the vaccine while traveling. It has now turned into a back-and-forth argument on vaccines that have been in place and proven for decades.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Closed Thread