Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2020, 01:37 PM   #1
Half-Timer

Florida Stay at Home

Just heard "Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis ….. is ordering residents to stay at home beginning at midnight Thursday. This order is for 30 days.

Looks like Florida is grinding to a halt also.

May God provide His healing power to make this illness go away.

SOB
ptylerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:44 PM   #2

May God provide His healing power to make this illness go away.

Amen to that !!!
Old 04-01-2020, 02:22 PM   #3

Stay safe.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:30 PM   #4

We are scheduled to be in Destin on Saturday the 4th. Contacted the resort as the order excludes hotels, motels, resorts. Have to call back tomorrow to see what it means to us. If cleared we will probably wind up going as we were planning on staying at the RV all week anyway (self quarantined by choice!). My only concern is getting pulled over along the way.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:42 PM   #5

Our winter reservation was due to expire yesterday. BUT, we left the 13th, thank goodness. I also stocked up on tp and gloves before I left, but maybe not enough.

For all those who have said "Now what does TP have to do with this virus?", maybe they are getting the picture. If you are stuck at home for weeks, maybe months, the toilet paper that has no DIRECT connection to a pandemic, is going to be the commodity of gold.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Our winter reservation was due to expire yesterday. BUT, we left the 13th, thank goodness. I also stocked up on tp and gloves before I left, but maybe not enough.

For all those who have said "Now what does TP have to do with this virus?", maybe they are getting the picture. If you are stuck at home for weeks, maybe months, the toilet paper that has no DIRECT connection to a pandemic, is going to be the commodity of gold.
Not for me. If I start to run short my morning "constitutional" will just be followed by a shower.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:54 PM   #7
Georgia Rally Coordinator

I suspect GA will be following suite soon. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:56 PM   #8

should of been shut down two weeks ago. to worried about $ from spring break tourist. How many people got it and went home on a plane and our spreading it like crazy. I can live without TP. My freezer and pantry our my gold during this mess
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:03 PM   #9
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Not for me. If I start to run short my morning "constitutional" will just be followed by a shower.
Yep... I don't understand it either.

A bucket and a rag would work if necessary.
There are other options for that need.

We left FL a week ago for PA. We DID NOT hoard TP as we felt no need to.

Upon arrival to PA... in the last week... we have found ZERO TP ANYWHERE.
Not in Walmart/Aldi's/Lowe's/Dollar General/Family Dollar or even convenience/gas stations. Zip... nada! Online is NOT available anywhere... Amazon/eBay/Etsy/Camping World/Etc. Nothing in the R/V section either.

NO hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes either. None.

LOL... there are those with 6 months worth and others like us, who chose not to hoard, can't find any. Go figure.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=64
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post

I have plenty of trees and pine cones in the yard.
2017 Ford Fiesta toad
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Yep... I don't understand it either.

A bucket and a rag would work if necessary.
There are other options for that need.

We left FL a week ago for PA. We DID NOT hoard TP as we felt no need to.

Upon arrival to PA... in the last week... we have found ZERO TP ANYWHERE.
Not in Walmart/Aldi's/Lowe's/Dollar General/Family Dollar or even convenience/gas stations. Zip... nada! Online is NOT available anywhere... Amazon/eBay/Etsy/Camping World/Etc. Nothing in the R/V section either.

NO hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes either. None.

LOL... there are those with 6 months worth and others like us, who chose not to hoard, can't find any. Go figure.
Sounds like you might have spent some time in a foreign country too. Places where either TP isn't used or what they do have is more suitable for using in a typewriter for Looooooong letters The stuff I ran into in France fit in that category. Kind of like waxed paper without the wax on a narrower roll.

I'm not a hoarder but just before I left town for January I had placed a 6-pack of TP in the TT and still had 5 left when I got home.

One of my early shopping trips in Feb I just tossed a 24 pack on my cart because I knew I was running low at home. For me that should be more than a years supply.

My Daughter is a Costco shopper and if I do run out I'm sure I can talk her out of a few rolls. She buys those "Cart Sized" packs of TP and Paper Towels.

Old 04-01-2020, 06:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
I suspect GA will be following suite soon. Later RJD
According to the Gov., it seems it will be effective fri. I'm betting that will shutdown the state parks as well.
Griff02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:03 PM   #13

Florida entry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd4010 View Post
We are scheduled to be in Destin on Saturday the 4th. Contacted the resort as the order excludes hotels, motels, resorts. Have to call back tomorrow to see what it means to us. If cleared we will probably wind up going as we were planning on staying at the RV all week anyway (self quarantined by choice!). My only concern is getting pulled over along the way.
Saw on the news where Florida had been stopping vehicles entering Florida and requesting that they self quarantine for 14 days. They had lots of people from the NY area heading down there. NOW the state of FL realizes that this is a real concern.

Same thing is happening in the Poconos of PA. Folks heading out of NYC carrying the virus to Monroe County. Just need to hunker down folks.
Waterops1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:04 PM   #14

TP hoarding is a self eating watermelon. You say, we don’t need TP but everyone is buying TP and if I don’t buy some NOW there won’t be any when I NEED it...

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:06 PM   #15

Shopping a lot is not 'staying at home'. Try to take a walk, go for a bike ride. But shop on an as need basis.
waterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:07 PM   #16

I did not panic buy TP or wipes but then noticed we were running low with enough for a week. Got 5 more roles some Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer from the trailer when I raided it.

I mentioned to the DW we should take it easy until we could find more. She had stocked us from Sam's in early march and we had a plenty in another cabinet.

I also used the shortage opportunity to sell DW on an expensive bidet seat I have been wanting for a while for the house. They are great but pricy and hard to justify. It comes tomorrow...if she likes it at home I can upgrade the TT with a dometic 320 and sprayer as well [emoji57]
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterops1 View Post
Saw on the news where Florida had been stopping vehicles entering Florida and requesting that they self quarantine for 14 days. They had lots of people from the NY area heading down there. NOW the state of FL realizes that this is a real concern.

Same thing is happening in the Poconos of PA. Folks heading out of NYC carrying the virus to Monroe County. Just need to hunker down folks.

Had a customer call today who is a truck driver. 20 mile backup on I-95 into Fl. He made it via back roads.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:36 PM   #18

I guess we are lucky. We live way up in the mountains of northern New Mexico and it’s over an hour to the nearest store. Therefore, we keep a 3-4 month stock of everything: food, water, TP, all of it. When this started I picked up an extra case of TP at Costco so we should be good until the fall. We also added to our stock of frozen meat and veggies and our garden will see us through the summer. Looks like our trip to Key West will wait until next year.
medalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:57 PM   #19

We're in California. Store were empty but folks have finally slowed down. We found TP at Walmart and our local grocery store. We were glad when JTNP was closed. People were coming up here in hoards and planning on staying there. Our stores couldn't supply everyones needs. Our local hospital will be lucky to serve us residents if the need arises. Our daughter is an RN. They were given one mask a pair of gloves and a gown with a paper bag to put them in to store them day by day. We've taken it seriously isolate means isolate. We have a a big yard. We've been counting the Quail, lizards and hummingbirds. It keeps us busy. We consider ourselves fortunate. Take care.
Desertsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:57 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterops1 View Post

An indication of how REAL things are, the US reported 1041 new deaths since the same period yesterday that was around 600-700 IIRC.

There are also a reported 5000+ critical cases, many of which may well end up dying.

How much more REAL does it need to get for all to take this seriously. It's a two-way street. Officials need take the necessary steps and ordinary citizens need to recognize their role as well which is to avoid travel unless it's absolutely necessary.

Tags
florida