Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2020, 01:40 PM   #1
swj

glacier Nat park closure

Glacier Nat park cancelled my Fish creek campground reservations. Any other Covid 19 updates on national Parks closure? Anybody want to buy a used FRiver Surveyor?
swj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:50 PM   #2

Yellowstone is opening up limited on may 18th . the west gate will remain closed because of the lame Montana governor and his stupid quarantine guidelines . crossing fingers Montana opens soon . either way People will be able to enter the park come the 18th of may from the other entrances . https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...pen-in-phases/
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:39 PM   #3
swj

canada

with Glacier Nat'l park closed, head up to Canada for a week campsite?
swj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 06:02 PM   #4

Non-essential travel to Canada is closed

'17 F350 STX 6.7 CCSB
'15 Stealth 2313
stealthWA2313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by swj View Post
with Glacier Nat'l park closed, head up to Canada for a week campsite?
49th parallel is closed. I'm sure there's other places to visit.

TT: 2020 26' Hemisphere 26BHHL
TV: 2020 GMC 2500HD 4x4
glen1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 12:50 PM   #6
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
Yellowstone is opening up limited on may 18th . the west gate will remain closed because of the lame Montana governor and his stupid quarantine guidelines . crossing fingers Montana opens soon . either way People will be able to enter the park come the 18th of may from the other entrances . https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...pen-in-phases/
According to the statement, only the South (access via Grand Teton NP and the Rockefeller Parkway) and the East (access via Cody, WY) will be open initially. The West (via West Yellowstone, MT), North (via Gardner, MT) and Northeast (via Red Lodge, MT and the Beartooth Highway) will remain closed.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:09 PM   #7

Glacier NP

I spoke with a Glacier Ranger Tuesday about an ETA for reopening. He told me to check back after Memorial Day and he should have information at that time. Our trip there is scheduled for June 20th and we're keeping our fingers crossed!
wz3mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:10 PM   #8

Canadian National Parks are closed to camping. They're opening up for day treks but we don't know which ones. June 21 might be the day that we find out if they open up to camping and which ones. We have reservations from June 29 to Aug 10 in Waterton Lakes but we have decided we aren't going. The US/Canadian border is closed to non essential travel until June 21. I believe going out there the Canadian way could be a no go as we don't know what or if provincial borders will be closed to non residents or if the national parks will be open to non residents as the provincial parks in Alberta aren't open for camping, even if you have reservations already.
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:11 PM   #9

Well, you could try a private campground. We camped at the KOA on the east side of the mountains and it's view rivaled that of the visitors center.
Just hold onto that Surveyor and you should be able to camp soon. Whether traveling is a smart move right now is uncertain.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthWA2313 View Post
Non-essential travel to Canada is closed
For us it wouldn't matter if it reopened tomorrow since the lazy drones at the State Department (who are still getting paid) have not been renewing or issuing new passports and are saying that once things get back to normal (whatever that is) it will probably take months to get that moving again. Lest we think they are doing nothing, however, they are opening envelopes and depositing checks.
Old 05-14-2020, 02:21 PM   #11

I made reservations last year for Glacier and Yellowstone in Mid June, I'm starting to look at moving those reservations to 2021? Maybe the madness will be over by then other wise this country and the world are doomed.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:34 PM   #12

That’s where I’d head. Beautiful
GmaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 04:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
According to the statement, only the South (access via Grand Teton NP and the Rockefeller Parkway) and the East (access via Cody, WY) will be open initially. The West (via West Yellowstone, MT), North (via Gardner, MT) and Northeast (via Red Lodge, MT and the Beartooth Highway) will remain closed.
Yes all the Montana access will remain closed for now . but they better open soon camp grounds are opening up on the 15th forest service out of the park and all private by memorial weekend , it will be a great year to do Yellowstone as crowds will be low . most hotels will be closed or at low occupancy . no Bus tours . The town of West looks like a ghost town today but the fishing was awesome . plenty of RV spots available to keep distance from others and a safe way to get out and enjoy the area . plenty to do here besides yellowstone also
Old 05-15-2020, 02:07 PM   #14

Leaving North Florida on May 20 for 5 month trip. 2nd campground is COE in Arkansas it is opening on the 20th our reservation is for the 26th. Then we are at some private campgrounds until we get to South Dakota staying in State Campground near Sioux Falls for 4 nights then to Rapid City for a month in Private CG. Medora for 4 nights then near Sheridan, Wy for a week in Private CG. After that we have about 12 days that were planned for Montana and Glacier but like someone posted they have their stupid self quarantine rule for 14 days going on (it will be July 17th by then hopefully it will open up by then). 14 days at Henry's Lake CG near West Yellowstone again hope Montana is open by then. there are few other place we are going and will end with spending September and October in the Mountain of Western North Carolina. Getting home on November just in time to go vote.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
Leaving North Florida on May 20 for 5 month trip. 2nd campground is COE in Arkansas it is opening on the 20th our reservation is for the 26th. Then we are at some private campgrounds until we get to South Dakota staying in State Campground near Sioux Falls for 4 nights then to Rapid City for a month in Private CG. Medora for 4 nights then near Sheridan, Wy for a week in Private CG. After that we have about 12 days that were planned for Montana and Glacier but like someone posted they have their stupid self quarantine rule for 14 days going on (it will be July 17th by then hopefully it will open up by then). 14 days at Henry's Lake CG near West Yellowstone again hope Montana is open by then. there are few other place we are going and will end with spending September and October in the Mountain of Western North Carolina. Getting home on November just in time to go vote.
Don't worry about the quarantine in Montana it's not being followed or enforced . Henrys lake is in Idaho and just over the hill from where i stay at the mountainside KOA . been here since monday it's a ghost town now in west and if they are smart the west entrance will open soon or there may be some local protests at the gates . it's a national forest so they should allow you in and Montana want's to keep you out or at least the Montana governor not the Montana people . Been fishing Hebgen lake fishing is great . had a fish and wildlife officer stop yesterday . did not talk about virus or quarantine but talked about and took a servery about the fishing at the lake . all is good
Old 05-16-2020, 01:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Don't worry about the quarantine in Montana it's not being followed or enforced . Henrys lake is in Idaho and just over the hill from where i stay at the mountainside KOA . been here since monday it's a ghost town now in west and if they are smart the west entrance will open soon or there may be some local protests at the gates . it's a national forest so they should allow you in and Montana want's to keep you out or at least the Montana governor not the Montana people . Been fishing Hebgen lake fishing is great . had a fish and wildlife officer stop yesterday . did not talk about virus or quarantine but talked about and took a servery about the fishing at the lake . all is good
Thanks for the info, we stayed at Henry's Lake last year so I am familiar with that area. Our reservation is for July 29th-August 12th. I can't see them keeping things shutdown that long in regards to The West Yellowstone entrance but, there is a lot of crazy going on so I don't know and coming from so far away it would suck. We didn't make it to Glacier last year and really wanted to go. Hopefully the good people of Montana have some influence with their Governor and things get opened up soon. I am doing my best to not get political on this situation.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Thanks for the info, we stayed at Henry's Lake last year so I am familiar with that area. Our reservation is for July 29th-August 12th. I can't see them keeping things shutdown that long in regards to The West Yellowstone entrance but, there is a lot of crazy going on so I don't know and coming from so far away it would suck. We didn't make it to Glacier last year and really wanted to go. Hopefully the good people of Montana have some influence with their Governor and things get opened up soon. I am doing my best to not get political on this situation.
Montana entrances to open June 1st . get ready for the best yr to tour the park and others areas around here .
Old 05-16-2020, 05:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Montana entrances to open June 1st . get ready for the best yr to tour the park and others areas around here .
Not that I am doubting you but, where are you seeing that? Can't wait to get out there.
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:37 AM   #19

Quote:
Not that I am doubting you but, where are you seeing that? Can't wait to get out there.
Heard it from the local business's came out a couple days ago . Montana is heading into opening up . can go to a restaurant now and sit and eat . Xanterra will still have there operations down until june 15th but the park is open for touring. best year to come . plenty of wildlife and very low traffic if any at all
Old 05-17-2020, 03:12 PM   #20

Quote:
Heard it from the local business's came out a couple days ago . Montana is heading into opening up . can go to a restaurant now and sit and eat . Xanterra will still have there operations down until june 15th but the park is open for touring. best year to come . plenty of wildlife and very low traffic if any at all
👍Sounds good will make some calls to the campgrounds in Montana that were on our list and make some reservations up around glacier.