Old 07-16-2020, 08:55 PM   #41
Long time camper.

Eye95

Glad to hear youse guys are recovered! I read you a lot, thanks for that.

Stay healthy, Samtummo
samTummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:57 PM   #42
PhD, Common Sense

Thanks.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 03:46 PM   #43

so for those wondering about people having it here is my FL list:

Distant older cousin & DW - he died in March in Boyton Beach, FL, she was never hospitalized.

Church member - DH (40s) coworker tested positive so he went a lived in TT - DW started symptoms 7 days later & it took 3 different tests to get to positive. Her kids never had signs & testing shortage so no further tests were done. Reported the worst headaches & body aches ever & she is a migraine sufferer; nothing alleviated pain.

Receptionist (mid 20s) at my work place #1 had DH test positive (after playing hockey with friends on the weekend in Tampa) - she was sent home & tested positive with symptoms 2 days later as did her kids. General malaise for all. 4 weeks later she is still in / out of work with symptoms & a few negative tests.

Church family (40s) - DH was working in a mostly empty office building is thought to be the source. Entire family now testing positive with difficulty breathing, no hospitalizations. Wise thing she has done was have a pulse ox on hand & when it feels like she just can't breath at all the number in the 90s let her know she was OK.

DH (postal clerk) with at least 6 positives in his building but no one contacting him to go in for testing so thought to not be exposed as likely on different shift / area.

Receptionist (30s) at location 2 for me positive, owner's daughter & SIL tested positive. Owner still negative w/o signs after visiting daughter to help with home remodel in Orlando; receptionist back to work after being told 5 days w/o symptoms is fine to return to work.

Acquaintance just got off ventilator for a rehab facility after SEVEN WEEKS on the ventilator (& family being told they had to let him go just the day before he woke up). Gonna be a long rehab.

Plenty of friends & family in the medical field & the exhaustion, PTSD & anxiety attacks are not funny .... if everyone would just behave maybe the people working to save our lives could catch a break!

Wake up each morning feeling like I am living Russian Roulette.... be safe people ...this is NO HOAX.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:04 PM   #44

Here's an interesting story about the testing. A fellow co-worker of my wife had his mother come up from Alabama for a visit. She wasn't feeling well, but not the symptom of the Vid, but got tested any way.

Her test came back positive, so the coworker and his wife got tested, both came back negative. So, sick mom had spent a few days with the son and DIL, yet they came back negative? Mom got retested. It came back negative, twice. Makes you wonder just how well these tests are actually working, how many false positives are out there, and if the false positives are being removed from the list when a retest is negative.

Have not substantiated it, but have heard of several accounts of test kits being tested that were unused coming back positive. Hope eventually this all gets sorted out, don't know what is real and what is fake any more.
Bhrava is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 04:28 PM   #45

Most of the antibody test kits got recalled ... fake manufacturers cashing in on quick cash before FDA shut them out. Got the recall notice a couple weeks ago. Now they gotta crack down on the PCR test manufacturers .... and no more 7 -10 day turn around for results...that does not protect anyone.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:52 PM   #46

Well, hopefully it wont turn out to be 50,000,000 deaths like with the Spanish Flu. Back then they didn't have hand sanitizers and weren't really up on how virus spreads like they do today. Just do like you do during cold and flu season, wash hands and avoid people.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:25 PM   #47
PhD, Common Sense

Please leave discussions as to the efficacy of testing and masks to other threads.

I started this thread to relate my experience having had COVID—and to invite those have had COVID to relate their personal experiences. There are all kinds of stories about cousin’s dog’s vet’s mother’s experience, but I was asking about personal, first-hand experiences.

Thanks to those of you who respect this request.

So, am I the only one on this site to have a personal encounter with COVID?
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 06:57 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
Please leave discussions as to the efficacy of testing and masks to other threads.

I started this thread to relate my experience having had COVID—and to invite those have had COVID to relate their personal experiences. There are all kinds of stories about cousin’s dog’s vet’s mother’s experience, but I was asking about personal, first-hand experiences.

I am pretty sure that NJKris had it back in March or so. Got hit pretty hard, as I recall. Haven't seen him comment on this thread though.

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 09:45 AM   #49
Site Team

I'm thinking I had it in February. In late January I spent the night in a new Orleans motel, ate out with about 20 friends and conducted a training seminar for about 50 strangers the next day. Then repeated that in baton rouge the next weekend, early February.
For about 3-4 weeks I had a cough that I couldn't get rid of. Couldn't sleep for coughing, and night sweats. When head ache got so bad I went to ER at midnight and was told I had the flu. Dr prescribed antibiotics and hydrocodone cough syrup, so I could sleep. It was several more weeks before i was close to normal. Wife got some symptoms but not as bad. Never heard of covid before this. I had no nausea or body aches. Just cough, low fever and terrible headache.
I recently had scope and surgery and was tested before each. Both negative so.... I'm wondering if I really had the flu. I've had flu before but never like this.
3 friends of mine have died with covid. All older than my 62.
Just fyi so folks can process.
Quote:

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 09:53 AM   #50

Wife and I between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Wife had a cough till middle of January and I had 3 weeks worth. Dr. said some type of flu and gave us cough meds. I've had the flu 6 times, Pneumonia twice and this was neither.
TheWolfPaq82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 08:53 AM   #51
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhrava View Post
Here's an interesting story about the testing. A fellow co-worker of my wife had his mother come up from Alabama for a visit. She wasn't feeling well, but not the symptom of the Vid, but got tested any way.

Her test came back positive, so the coworker and his wife got tested, both came back negative. So, sick mom had spent a few days with the son and DIL, yet they came back negative? Mom got retested. It came back negative, twice. Makes you wonder just how well these tests are actually working, how many false positives are out there, and if the false positives are being removed from the list when a retest is negative.

Have not substantiated it, but have heard of several accounts of test kits being tested that were unused coming back positive. Hope eventually this all gets sorted out, don't know what is real and what is fake any more.
You have indeed hit on the problem with this pandemic. I have no political agenda either. Not only is the testing of unknown accuracy (some are 99% which means 1% are still at/not risked and others so bad that no one has been able to establish whether the accuracy is above or below 75% ) meaning that even though the incidence (rate of positive per 100,000) or cases (rate of reported per 100,000) is relatively low as say compared to flu or heart disease, its hard to define just how serious this has been or will be. Yes people have got sick; and died - but how much worse than our pre-existing disease and mortality rates? No way of knowing because every reporting agency by town, city district, county and the feds use different standards.

For example: one of my colleagues had lung cancer and was given the 6 week/6 month verdict. 5 months into the fight he got diagnosed with Covid and passed. All the data attached to his death said he died from Covid. I am told this is not unusual but there is no standard out there and some jurisdictions have a predetermined requirement not to use any social disease as a cause of death.

I am also reading (McKinsey White Papers) that because of the large number of people who have foregone their regular medical consults, procedures or even life saving attention) for fear of getting Covid at a clinic or hospital, the cost impact of Covid will be with us long after a vaccine is available and assuming enough people get vaccinated which also seems unlikely. Bottom line is that insurance rates are going to increase and are currently projected to double in the next 5 years which is double the historical increase
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 11:07 AM   #52

The whole thing is crazy. One cannot, should not, believe any of the numbers. One county in Oregon was “shut down” after the COVID-19 death of one of their residents. Sounds right, yes? But, the lady who passed was on a five week cruise ship in the Mediterranean when she died. She had been on board for three weeks.
Just makes no sense.

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2018 Ford F-350, 4x4, Diesel, CC, Long Bed
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 11:25 AM   #53

I believe that President Trump said it best on February 7 when he said in a recorded interview that ..
" It goes through air, Bob. That’s always tougher than the touch. You know, the touch, you don’t have to touch things. Right? But the air, you just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed.
And so, that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than your – you know, your, even your strenuous flus. You know, people don’t realize, we lose 25,000, 30,000 people a year here. Who would ever think that, right? This is more deadly. This is five per- you know, this is five percent versus one percent and less than one percent. You know? So, this is deadly stuff."
Old 09-12-2020, 11:32 AM   #54

Been through it, caught the bug week before 4th of July and it hung on for 44 days, very long 44 days. First three days where atypical, fever, aches/pains and slept a lot. Next 41 days various symptoms including, a rash, diarrhea, stomach pains, constant headache, lips and tip of my tongue went numb, lost the ability to focus my right eye, tremors in my hands, breathing problems, the list goes on. It's real folks and it's not "like the flu". Been covid free for about a month and just now getting back to normal, oh lost 22 lbs. Hell of a diet plan. FYI, mine was considered a mild case.
Old 09-12-2020, 03:15 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theb2b View Post
Been through it, caught the bug week before 4th of July and it hung on for 44 days, very long 44 days. First three days where atypical, fever, aches/pains and slept a lot. Next 41 days various symptoms including, a rash, diarrhea, stomach pains, constant headache, lips and tip of my tongue went numb, lost the ability to focus my right eye, tremors in my hands, breathing problems, the list goes on. It's real folks and it's not "like the flu". Been covid free for about a month and just now getting back to normal, oh lost 22 lbs. Hell of a diet plan. FYI, mine was considered a mild case.
Glad you are feeling better. I don't think anyone who posted believes it isn't real. What we are debating are the actual numbers being reported. If you notice they only tell you the number of test cases that are "positive" But they are not saying how many are actually sick, how many hospitalized, how many in ICU, and the death count has dropped well below epidemic levels.

Combine that with what the NYT and a few others have reported that the test cycles are well above standards for viral testing which leads to a lot of false positives. A standard viral test is between 20 and 30 cycles, and they are testing at 40 cycles which amplifies the DNA to trillions, which will lead to positives due to fragments. Add to that, the H1N1 shares 78% of it's RNA with the Covid 19 virus, and was part of last seasons flu shot, so it is quite possible that it is picking up part of the 78% shared RNA from someone who had the flu shot last season.

Pretty sure we can all agree that the virus itself is nasty and real, but what is being reported as true cases, just doesn't add up with what is being discovered. If true, then we no longer need the shutdowns that are still occurring, just practice the same sanitation we do during Flu season and get things back to some sense of normalcy.
Old 09-13-2020, 12:52 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhrava View Post
If true, then we no longer need the shutdowns that are still occurring, just practice the same sanitation we do during Flu season and get things back to some sense of normalcy.
What if you're wrong and the numbers are either correct or underreported?
Old 09-13-2020, 06:30 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Wife and I between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Wife had a cough till middle of January and I had 3 weeks worth. Dr. said some type of flu and gave us cough meds. I've had the flu 6 times, Pneumonia twice and this was neither.
Same with my 3 kids and wife around christmas here in ny. About 3 weeks of coughing. High fever was about a day or two.
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:44 PM   #58

Quote:
I post this only because so many people know no one who has had the disease. So here is my full experience. Please note that there is no typical experience. However, it is well that people hear as many facts and true experiences. Information is power. Reminder, please don’t argue about policy here. I do invite others to relate their true experiences with the disease.

Timeline:
g.

July 1, Retest. Negative. Occupational Health tells me that it is the wrong test.

July 4, Retest. Both the wrong test and the right test are done.

July 7, I go to the WPMC lab for a second right test. They refuse to give it to me, saying the tests are the same. They aren’t. This is a lie.

July 9, My right test comes back negative. I am told that the wrong test had come back negative on July 4. They just chose not to share that result until the right test came back. I am cleared to go back to work.

Cheer up. I got full pay during all of this. Not from my employer, I was paid out of federal tax dollars.

As a RN in Washington state (very near Ground Zero) doing this tests for my patients in Labor & Delivery, the different test and different methods of collection ABSOLUTELY matter.

Early on in the disease, even before symptoms, the virus is found just inside the nares. This is for NON symptomatic patients. The test is 15 seconds of swabbing, making continual contact, approximately 1/2-1" inside both nares.

As the virus progresses, it moves up your nose, down into your lungs. These SYMPTOMATIC patients get the nasopharyngeal swab, aka up your nose and down your throat. It'll make a grown man or woman cry.

The course choir where the virus spread is right across the street from our home. My friends grandmother died. She was high risk and the choir took precautions such as distancing, no food, no handshaking, etc.

I've had positive patients who refuse to follow the local Health Dept recommendations. It's so frustrating, regardless of your personal opinions.
2006 Ford Expedition 4 x 4

LizzyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:08 PM   #59

Aug 11 felt funky like sinus infection (coronic sinus sufferer) was coming on. Aug 12 got positive test result. 10 days off work ran some fevers at night and tired, but that was pretty much it.

I can honestly say that having pneumonia twice and the flu at least 6 times....this was more annoying than anything else. This is what I dealt with.
TheWolfPaq82 is online now   Reply With Quote