Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 05:14 PM   #61

Are just trying to bait a response? I'll bite....

If you're concerned about spreading, then why walk in? Why take a picture? I could copy and paste too many pictures to count from news articles over the past few months that could be considered more of a super spreader than these few happy gents. That goes from peaceful protest, political events (all sides), sporting events, college parties/breaks. Why do you feel these few people need singled out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
No wonder COVID-19 is spreading. I went in, took a look around, snapped a quick picture and got out quickly. Some folks will never comply.
Attachment 243516
Edit:. If this is what we can expect from this thread.... It should be closed.
Old 11-23-2020, 05:26 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkarper14 View Post
Are just trying to bait a response? I'll bite....

If you're concerned about spreading, then why walk in? Why take a picture? I could copy and paste too many pictures to count from news articles over the past few months that could be considered more of a super spreader than these few happy gents. That goes from peaceful protest, political events (all sides), sporting events, college parties/breaks. Why do you feel these few people need singled out?

Edit:. If this is what we can expect from this thread.... It should be closed.
I guess that I am confused as to what your problem with the post was. It is true nothing false, this is one group of many I agree............... I am an enforcer of regulations COVID and others and the DW is an RN dealing with it daily. .

The bottom line is we all need to take it seriously and do our part to prevent the sprend. There are so many unknowns.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Old 11-23-2020, 05:47 PM   #63

I live in The Villages, FL. Take that photo and put 25 more people in the same area with no masks. That is what we have here. There was a rally here the week before the election. He came in by helicopter. The COVID-19 cases are on a rapid spike right now.
Old 11-23-2020, 05:54 PM   #64

Since you asked... My issue being 1). These six gentlemen did not ask to have their pictures posted on any internet site. 2) If the poster is concerned about spreading why did the poster walk into the building 3). If they are following regulations, then as an enforcer of requlations, what can can be said negative? Granted, three of the six are sitting in closed stools, but we don't know if they are from the same household nor do we know what the actual regulations are. Now do we? 4) As I sit here typing this while watching the evening news... I see a story of crowded airports. So again, I ask... Why are these six unsuspecting gentlemen singled out as being the cause of everything bad with the virus.

My hat is off to your DW for being on the front lines. That also goes to all other first responders... Not only at this time of crisis, but for everything they have done and will do in there careers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
I guess that I am confused as to what your problem with the post was. It is true nothing false, this is one group of many I agree............... I am an enforcer of regulations COVID and others and the DW is an RN dealing with it daily. .

The bottom line is we all need to take it seriously and do our part to prevent the sprend. There are so many unknowns.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:12 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkarper14 View Post
Since you asked... My issue being 1). These six gentlemen did not ask to have their pictures posted on any internet site. 2) If the poster is concerned about spreading why did the poster walk into the building 3). If they are following regulations, then as an enforcer of requlations, what can can be said negative? Granted, three of the six are sitting in closed stools, but we don't know if they are from the same household nor do we know what the actual regulations are. Now do we? 4) As I sit here typing this while watching the evening news... I see a story of crowded airports. So again, I ask... Why are these six unsuspecting gentlemen singled out as being the cause of everything bad with the virus.

My hat is off to your DW for being on the front lines. That also goes to all other first responders... Not only at this time of crisis, but for everything they have done and will do in there careers.
I will respectively disagree with you but you entitled to your opinion.

After investigating several workplace Covid related deaths in the past few months I have a different view of the virus. I have seen my share of people that make a poor choice.....for many it is their final.

Please I ask that everyone protect themselves and do their part so all of us can get through this.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 11-23-2020, 06:33 PM   #66

Let's see...

My opinion is that protests, political rallies, college frat/sorority parties, spring break, airport travel, shopping centers, sporting events, birthday parties, etc is more of a spreader than six people in one area

My opinion is that these six people did not ask to have their pictures posted.

My opinion is the poster originally planned on patronizing the establishment so he should have included his own picture in the post.

My opinion is we are not sure what local regulations for the establishment is.

If you choose to respectfully disagree with these opinions.... Be my guest. You too are entitled to your own opinion. Have a nice day.
Quote:
I will respectively disagree with you but you entitled to your opinion.

After investigating several workplace Covid related deaths in the past few months I have a different view of the virus. I have seen my share of people that make a poor choice.....for many it is their final.

Please I ask that everyone protect themselves and do their part so all of us can get through this.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:38 PM   #67

Bottom line is that we ALL need to do what is needed which includes everyone even the six of so.

Here one person at their work started a line that infected 30 plus people, of which one died. One still has symptoms three months later (This group affected 8 of our extended family.)

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 11-23-2020, 06:39 PM   #68
World Wide Wanderer

We have had it and are recovering...

I had to take my bride to the ER on 11/2 unable to breathe and having dry heaves for 14+ hours. They treated her and released her. Her positive test came back within 24 hours. I started having symptoms on 11/3. I tested on 11/5 came back positive within 36 hours. Free testing provided by the county Health Department. My bride had chills, fever, chest pain, hit low oxygen levels a couple of times, but came right back up with a change in position. I never had a fever, general malaise, body aches, congestion, cough, and some gastrointestinal upset. I also lost my sense of smell.

We were released by our Health Department on 11/16. My work insisted I had to have a doctor's note to return to work. I managed to get an appointment for 11/16, doctor did a chest X-ray and a covid test (why?). Xray came back clear, covid test came back positive... DOH! He put me on quarantine for 14 days with a return to work date of 12/1.

We know quite a few people that have gotten the virus, many in the medical field. We have had 5 friends die from it, they ranged in age from 21 to 74. Most appeared to be healthy. We have also had friends in their 70's get it and recover. A cousin in his late 40's is still in the hospital some 6 weeks after getting it but is on the mend. There is no rhyme or reason to this virus. I have a strong background in biology with some epidemiology training. I read as many reports as I can get my hands on from a wide variety of sources.

Stay safe out there!

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
Old 11-23-2020, 06:55 PM   #69
D W

The stories are all the same, only the names change, but we all know where this virus came from...
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
Old 11-23-2020, 07:32 PM   #70

I never said I disagreed. I was answering your question (clarifying your confusion) as to my dislike of the post I was referring to.

I stand by my assessment that it was a bait post and as stated, I intentionally bit.

As eye95 stated earlier, he started this thread to tell his (and others) story of recovering from COVID-19. It should stay that way. It's good to hear these stories, because rarely do we hear of recovery stories in the news. I hate to see it shut down because of some people baiting others.

Oaklevel - I think we are good and on the same page.
Quote:
Bottom line is that we ALL need to do what is needed which includes everyone even the six of so.

Here one person at their work started a line that infected 30 plus people, of which one died. One still has symptoms three months later (This group affected 8 of our extended family.)
Old 11-23-2020, 07:36 PM   #71
Pop-up refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
The stories are all the same, only the names change, but we all know where this virus came from...
... Neighbors who didn't wear masks?

I walk into buildings all the time, what's wrong with 5er_tom doing it? He decided the crowd wasn't safe enough for his liking, and left.
Old 11-23-2020, 07:55 PM   #72

Absolutely nothing wrong with walking into any establishment and leaving if and when you don't feel safe. (I have done it myself) But if you don't feel safe, why stop and take a quick photo? Then post the photo of the unsuspecting people on an internet forum stating that some people will never comply.

Not only seems baiting, but also hypocritical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin in the woods View Post
... Neighbors who didn't wear masks?

I walk into buildings all the time, what's wrong with 5er_tom doing it? He decided the crowd wasn't safe enough for his liking, and left.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:31 PM   #73
Site Team

Closing for site team review.

As per our friendly site guidelines, emphasized in red:

Do not take every opportunity to express your disagreement, incite argument, insult each other, or fan flames. Voice your opinion respectfully and then let it go.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:13 AM   #74
Norwood Auto Italia

That's pretty reasonable seating by the standards upheld by most authorities if you assume that the people seated immediately adjacent to each other are from the same party. Judging that picture also needs an understanding of how the tables are laid out and the air flow in the room relative to the overall establishment capacity. Proscription of these things is not effective.

But you are right on one matter and that is we are a very "free" nation and we test every rule in every way. Its the nature of things just look at how hard the courts have to work to define legislation. So without a proscriptive set of rules which have had disastrous effects so far, this Covid thing will not be controlled any time soon.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:19 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post
this Covid thing will not be controlled any time soon.
With several highly effective vaccines on the near horizon (at least according to early testing data) it may be under control sooner than expected.

It appears that the efforts to develop vaccine(s) has taken on more of a wartime approach rather than "business as usual".

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Old 11-24-2020, 02:06 PM   #76
Norwood Auto Italia

I wish I could find this optimism! there are so many factors mitigating the success of a vaccination in the US not least of which is that we have no idea (and nor do its manufacturers) how long it will be effective. It could be as little as 6 months. Plus the distribution of the stuff is going to be a disaster depending as it does on rapid transport with very low temperature sustainment for the entire time. Something that has never been attempted on any scale before and for which the US let alone the rest of the world, has very limited equipment both in the air and on the ground.

And then there are the anti vaxers with whom we as a nation, have never had to contend with as a matter of "national health". Its generally assumed that more than 50% of the population must be immune to create a declining infection rate absent isolation. Its conceivable that without the federal government picking up the entire cost of vaccinations, this cannot happen because of the large undocumented and uninsured population who will not present themselves for vaccinations unless its on a no questions asked basis. But that's hardly going to be possible if the intention is to track the progress of the vaccination campaign and thereby represent to ourselves and the rest of the world as to what progress has been made. We may have to wait until we have definitive declining hospitalization, test and mortality rates to ascertain that immunity has been achieved but this will take a year without viable stats.

Then there are the issues surrounding the reliability of the tests which are creating different results in different places that will make the success of a vaccination program hard to follow until the hospitalization becomes definitively less.

So 2021 IMO is going to be disappointing. To me the question is whether that disappointment can be sufficient to get a national mandatory vaccination program like smallpox with penalties for those that do not as the CEO of Qantas just proposed: No vaccination - No Fly.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:07 PM   #77

I would like to point out something. The Covid virus has a size of about .3 micron. Cannot see it with the naked eye. Pretty sure we can ALL agree to that, right? The average mask people wear are the blue ones you can get just about any where.

Has anyone taken a good close look at them and still feel they will protect you?

Shine a light through it, any light you can see will allow at least a half dozen virus side by side through it. I count 9 clear holes in this fresh out of the package mask.

Still feel safe wearing a mask?

One final thing. The virus like warm moist places in order to replicate, just like the inside of the mask. Don't trust those masks to protect you, because if they did, there wouldn't be such high cases in states WITH mask mandates!

The masks aren't stopping the spread people, slowing down a fraction maybe, OR maybe not because if you happen to walk through an airborne cloud of virus, some are going to get through the mask. The virus is airborne, not contact based, or they wouldn't be forcing masks upon us, but seeing the light through the masks like in the above picture, you have to stop and ask yourself, are they really helping us?
Old 11-24-2020, 04:31 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhrava View Post
I would like to point out something. The Covid virus has a size of about .3 micron. Cannot see it with the naked eye. Pretty sure we can ALL agree to that, right? The average mask people wear are the blue ones you can get just about any where.

Has anyone taken a good close look at them and still feel they will protect you?

Shine a light through it, any light you can see will allow at least a half dozen virus side by side through it. I count 9 clear holes in this fresh out of the package mask.

One final thing. The virus like warm moist places in order to replicate, just like the inside of the mask. Don't trust those masks to protect you, because if they did, there wouldn't be such high cases in states WITH mask mandates!

The masks aren't stopping the spread people, slowing down a fraction maybe, OR maybe not because if you happen to walk through an airborne cloud of virus, some are going to get through the mask. The virus is airborne, not contact based, or they wouldn't be forcing masks upon us, but seeing the light through the masks like in the above picture, you have to stop and ask yourself, are they really helping us?
But! But! Every country in the world, every state in the US with a mask mandate is not seeing an increase in infection numbers...
Old 11-24-2020, 04:36 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigH View Post
But! But! Every country in the world, every state in the US with a mask mandate is not seeing an increase in infection numbers...
sarcasm, right?
Old 11-24-2020, 04:37 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhrava View Post

Had you considered that the virus can be carried on airborne water droplets, and the droplets are larger than the actual size of the virus?

Do you assume that mask wearing compliance is 100% in states with mask mandates?

What are your scientific credentials that makes you qualified to dispute CDC guidelines for mask wearing recommendations?