Old 06-23-2020, 06:03 PM   #1
PhD, Common Sense

Got it. Whipped it.

Mrs. eye and eye were living life as normally as possible. Old normal.

We both got the virus and were symptomatic.

We both whipped it.

Quarantine is over as of today.

We are back to living life as normally as possible. Old normal.

eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:06 PM   #2

Congratulations on whipping the virus.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:26 AM   #3

Friends of ours got it and are still living as if they can get it again. No one really knows yet if you can or can not get it again if you have had it. This is their Dr's orders.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 07:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye95 View Post

We both whipped it.

If you don't mind saying, were either of you high risk due to age or other medical factors? Feel free to tell me it's none of my business. Just wondering based on my own high-risk status.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 07:18 AM   #5
PhD, Common Sense

Age only. Both of us right at 65. Extremely healthy though. Considering how few who come into contact even get the virus and how few ever show symptoms, I am amazed that, with my immune system, I even had symptoms.

Not bad, though, at all. Down for the count for three days with body aches and vivid dreams that often accompany a fever, but with no measurable fever. Loss of appetite, very tired, slept (not well) a lot.

Need a retest to go back to work on the base, but the base doesn’t want to give me the retest. Is OK, feds are paying for first 14 days off and I have 37 weeks of sick leave. I can wait them out.

Thanks for asking.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:22 AM   #6

Thanks for the helpful info.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:21 AM   #7

My job had me on an airplane all the time (that stopped real early March)
I was sick back in late Feb, fever, bronchitis. But got better. In march I had an antibody test done = negative.
early June on a Friday afternoon I came down with body aches and fever. that night I was seeing 102F. fever was up and down, I was taking meds for fever but the temp swings did not match the times I was taking meds. Saturday morning I went to "Doc in a Box" and had a covid test done. results came back in 4 hours = negative. At least once over those next couple 4 days I have fever over 102.High something.

Doc said "maybe you have the flu".
Wish I knew for sure as my job used to have me on an airplane a lot.

Glad your over it.

Quote:
Age only. Both of us right at 65. Extremely healthy though. Considering how few who come into contact even get the virus and how few ever show symptoms, I am amazed that, with my immune system, I even had symptoms.

Not bad, though, at all. Down for the count for three days with body aches and vivid dreams that often accompany a fever, but with no measurable fever. Loss of appetite, very tired, slept (not well) a lot.

Need a retest to go back to work on the base, but the base doesn’t want to give me the retest. Is OK, feds are paying for first 14 days off and I have 37 weeks of sick leave. I can wait them out.

Thanks for asking.
Old 06-24-2020, 09:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
If you don't mind saying, were either of you high risk due to age or other medical factors? Feel free to tell me it's none of my business. Just wondering based on my own high-risk status.
MY mother is 87. She has A heart condition, diabetes and hypertension. MY Dr friend who is the head of one of the larger health plans in San Diego, said that if she get's it, she may have a 1/3rd chance of not surviving it.

Our friends that got it were both over 65. The only risk factor one of them had was weight.
Old 06-24-2020, 09:20 AM   #9
PhD, Common Sense

She, like my sister (stage 4 breast cancer survivor, with a compromised immune system) should take all possible precautions to protect herself from any communicable disease.

I pray for the best for her and my sister.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:01 PM   #10

Quote:

We both whipped it.

Congratulations on getting through a COVID-19 infection and returning to a healthy lifestyle.
You are lucky! We have lost 2 relatives and 5 friends since March 18th. From conversations I have had with them before they were admitted and disappeared, and others who caught it and got through it, I would not recommend anyone to take a chance to get it.
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 02:35 PM   #11

Smile Awesome!!!

So glad you both made it!!! I am glad you are getting back to Living life again. Have lots of fun and stay safe!!!
brightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 02:42 PM   #12

Great news to hear. I am turning 65 tomorrow and in the high risk category. I had 2 heart attack's 4 years ago and stroke last November so I need to be careful. I will not live my life in a bottle however do take certain precautions.
Odyknuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 02:45 PM   #13

Glad y'all got thru it well.

Just got notification by FDA that loads of the antibody tests are invalid (but cannot get ahold of Quest to find out if any were their supplier). We had negative IgG antibody test few weeks ago as DH & I have been working right thru this time and just wanted to see if any protection however weak it may be.

Just had the deep nose jam today after a coworker tested positive & I want to protect those I work around at different locations (not having any signs personally). Results supposed to be in only 48 hrs - they are only doing 100 every day & tough to find locations around us doing the test. Should be much easier by now to get a good test in order to protect everyone around us. Prayers this virus just weakens down quickly ....
Old 06-24-2020, 03:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Without Whine View Post
Glad y'all got thru it well.

Just got notification by FDA that loads of the antibody tests are invalid (but cannot get ahold of Quest to find out if any were their supplier). We had negative IgG antibody test few weeks ago as DH & I have been working right thru this time and just wanted to see if any protection however weak it may be.
Not surprised. At best they are 80% reliable. Both my Dr friend and my brother in law, also a Dr, say not to even bother.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:17 PM   #15

This is a very interesting article. Read the comments as well.
https://www.statnews.com/2020/05/21/...s-uncertainty/
Old 06-24-2020, 03:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Without Whine View Post
they are only doing 100 every day & tough to find locations around us doing the test. Should be much easier by now to get a good test in order to protect everyone around us. Prayers this virus just weakens down quickly ....

LWW, I am around 1 hour NW of you in Lake/Sumter county
According to our governor, those 5000 new cases in FL yesterday was "only because of all the additional testing we are doing". I say BS. over here it was easy and cheep to get tested last month, now you have to pay full price and I see no advertised test sites in the county.

I also had quest for the antibody test in March. That was $20 copay (real blood draw). now they are advertising it for $119.00.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:57 PM   #17

Expected the copay on antibody test because the knowledge is really only FYI. So long as you let them know you have had exposure -if you can find a place - the actual test is supposed to be fully covered. Went on county health dept site for the links (but was in line with people from 3 surrounding counties, including Hillsborough & Pinellas with their HUGE numbers) because few sites opening up before Thursday
Old 07-06-2020, 07:33 PM   #18

One of the great things about this thread is not one poster tried to make it a political issue. Good read, thanks all.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:49 PM   #19

Just FYI for everyone. The Red Cross, in order to get more people to donate blood, says that if you donate (for a limited time) they will do an antibody test on your blood for free. I donated, and my test came back negative. I suspected something because back in March I had most of the symptoms.
The test the Red Cross did may or may not be accurate, but at this point I am accepting that I have not have Covid.
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:58 PM   #20

Quote:

We both whipped it.

Great to hear that you are both well..stay safe
T
Curt 17499 WDH....Hayes Sway Master
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote