Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2020, 09:05 AM   #21

Having groceries delivered, shopping at Sam's using their scan and go app, and making more food at home
are our personal choices and I think we will be making those changes, some slightly, permanently. We only went out to eat 1 night a week before anyway and making our own food is something we enjoy doing when we have time, as active seniors.

I want to clarify this as you have taken something I wrote out of context with the vast majority of what I wrote in order to help others because it has been helpful and advantageous to us.

I am not advocating that everything we do differently will be permanent, but for us the above will likely hold true because it is convenient, a time saver, or enjoyable - whether or not a vaccine becomes available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awellis3 View Post
Until a vaccine is approved, this is the new normal.
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 09:55 AM   #22

No changes here at all, we just cant go to a restaurant
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 11:55 AM   #23

Strictly Online Shopping

We only shop online for items now. If your in a rural area it might not be feasible to get deliveries but its the safest bet out right now. Even our local stores have a delivery system setup now. I wouldn't go outside unless someone was messing with my RV,, the rest can blow in the wind!
CliffordW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 04:32 PM   #24

No real change in shopping patterns or habits here. Need something go to the store. Need food go to grocery store. They do not offer the fancy curbside or other pickup at our grocery store. Go weekly as always.

Need something go on my usual quarterly trip to Walmart. Used Amazon 2 years go was not impressed. Never tried curbside pickup. Always shopped early AM anyway.

No local delivery pizza, food, groceries etc. to our area.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 02:19 PM   #25
Paul & Dianne

We’re not too different. Groceries, my wife goes every 8-9 days. She is buying more; we were in FL for the winter and have only been home for about a month now. So, freezer was pretty empty and she’s filling it back up. We tried the “special senior hours” thing - 6AM! - that was a bust. More people standing there at 0545 than just coming by during the day. Grocery stores here are limiting the number of people inside, so there is usually a line now. Like 5Picker, the delivery thing doesn’t really work for our house so my wife shops.

Amazon is slower for us, but we are still getting things just not Prime as has been said. Tried curb side pickup at the HD a couple weeks back and that was mixed. Nobody answered the phone, so I still had to go inside. They did have the order ready, that helped. We are avoiding the local Walmart but may have to make a run soon.

So, overall, it’s a pain but not too bad. This is our first year retired, which helps. We are missing travel we had planned, everything cancelled. Not sure what will go on this year, but we’re feeling lucky to be home and just going day to day.