RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 04-09-2020, 01:46 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
https://www.wifr.com/content/news/Pa...569424591.html

Local rv place donates RVs for first responders.
That is awesome! We are seeing tons of RV donations and requests coming in continuously. Reading the matching posts is so heartwarming and will make you cry.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:50 AM   #22
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Good idea unless you live in a HOA community that threatens to fine you $1000 a day. https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...quarantine-rv/

We have one tt in our neighborhood which prohibits rvs unless they are concealed from view (almost impossible). We're hoping that they are making an exception for these people due to the virus.

Not sure I'd loan out our mh. The main problem would be waste disposal and insurance.
We got rid of our "Gestapo" 17 years ago. The power went to their heads. They used to patrol the neighborhood in their blue wind-breakers with yellow letters HOA printed on the back. The had their little ticket books. They ran around like little Himmlers.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:27 AM   #23

I've considered this. I figure if I get the trailer back with a little damage (unlikely but possible) or even if I don't get it back at all (also unlikely) it's a small price to pay for something that may save the life of a child, an elderly parent, or a spouse of a health care worker. I figure people trump property. Always. Especially when these people are taking such a risk to help others. There's no decision to make there.

What I haven't figured out is how to work out all the logistics.

Disinfection doesn't concern me too much. When it's no longer needed I think I can let it sit for a month by which time the virus should be inactive. An N95 mask ought to be available by that time and instructions for how to disinfect it. If not, I simply wait until a mask is available. Washing sheets and towels and even curtains is not a big deal. Yes, we may lose the use of it for a month or more by giving it time to disinfect. But I learned a long time ago that doing what I wanted is not the supreme value in life.

I'm willing to go by every so often, take the propane tanks off the trailer, fill them up, return them and hook them back up. It's a small price to pay for helping out someone who's running a risk caring for people daily. I just need to find out if the places where i buy propane are open for business. There's not much I can do to help out in this epidemic, but that I can do.

Waste disposal is a problem I haven't solved. Parking the trailer at a campground might resolve it, though many non-campers may find emptying the holding tank to be daunting. More important, it would isolate the health care workers completely from their families. The situations I've seen have the trailers sitting in someone's driveway so they can maintain some semblance of closeness to their family even in isolation. I'm still puzzling how to manage that.

Power for Air Conditioning as the weather gets warmer is another question I also haven't resolved. Most people don't have a 30 amp receptacle in their garage to plug in the air and it will be needed.

Still pondering how to manage these last two items.

2018 Coachmen Freedom Express 248 RBS
2014 Toyota Sequoia
stlsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 02:06 PM   #24

rvs for mds

Hi,
I'd like to encourage you to consider Rvsformds on facebook. This group has matched well over 1,300 healthcare workers with rv owners. The group has all the risks figured out; it's just a great way to show support for our neighbors who need to have a place separate from their family to quarantine. Giving always makes you feel good, and this is a great way to give!
hoosierhappywanderer is offline   Reply With Quote