Old 04-06-2020, 06:28 PM   #1

How my Car Dealer is providing "Safe Serivice"

I just got a notice in my e-mail that my Chevy Volt had a "Campaign" issued on it. A Campaign isn't a recall but merely something the Mfr wants dealers to inspect and repair as the vehicle comes through their shop for regular service.

Being bored and suffering from cabin fever I decided to call the Dealer and see if I could just bring it in then walk next door to grab something to eat from the nearby McDonald. Figured I could come back and sit in their waiting room or just sit outside on a curb and have my breakfast if the work didn't take too long.

Here's how the trip went.

When I arrived at the Dealership I was met outside by someone who while keeping his distance asked me if I was in for service. Told him yes and he got a Service Writer to get all my info, again keeping more than adequate distance.

I got out of the car and was told to go to the waiting room where all the seats had been sanitized and spread out for distancing. He told me that the area where customers normally met with Service Writers was now closed off to customers. As I went in there were hand sanitizer dispensers all around the place. Looked a little like how hospitals are setup.

Waiting room had over half the chairs removed and the remaining ones were spaced about 10 feet apart. The coffee machine had been removed.

I had to go back to my car to pick up my phone and saw another employee thoroughly sanitizing my car by spraying a fine mist of a disinfectant on door handles as well as inside on seats, inside of doors, and all the usual "touch surfaces.

Total time for them to do the work was about an hour and when I got the car back it had been freshly washed.

In short I felt like their area was more germ free than my own house

I'm just guessing but it might be that they are following some guidance distributed by GM to it's Dealers. This Dealer, along with many others I've encountered seem to follow "company guidelines" to the letter and often don't improvise much on their own.

Anyway, just sharing.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:21 PM   #2

Sounds like they are trying to protect their workers and customers .... a good thing in any circumstances.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:40 PM   #3

Here they will come pick it up at your house...I hope they do the cleaning. I just got service so not wanting to venture out to see.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer