Old 03-26-2020, 09:01 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Sometimes you have no choice. If you were out as a Snowbird, you can't go home now if its through hot states. Not everyone has a relative that would even want you there let alone have the room. If you are home stay there. Is out on the road have our own concerns to worry about.
X2 - thank you.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:14 PM   #62

Send a message via MSN to Denver Dan
I received notification that my reservations in Utah for this coming week (Deadhorse Point State Park and an RV campground in Moab) were canceled due to the virus.

I'm disappointed, but I understand the underlying logic. Disease spreads and people die. People stay home, the disease spreads more slowly, fewer people die.

I'm disappointed, but I'm staying home. It's the right thing to do right now.
Denver Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:39 PM   #63

Hoping July won't be canceled

You did the right thing.

Our annual camping trip to a small state campground in the Adirondacks is booked for the middle of July, and is super special to us, as our 2.5 year old twin granddaughters and our daughter and son in law from CA are coming. I've got three sites reserved. I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen, but I'm not canceling. If NY State closes our campgrounds, they will cancel and refund. It will be our first miss in 22 years, but our lives and the lives of other campers are more important.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:51 AM   #64

we have 2 trips cancelled and looking at 3rd week of June for first trip back out ... just no way to know if even that will be possible ... so much still to play out ... be smart and safe
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:03 AM   #65

Saratoga

I'm heading from DE to Saratoga in late August for a week to the races.🦓🐴🦄 Hope all this is not cancelled?????
Mike
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 V8 4x4
Mike223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:15 AM   #66
Member: Old Man Club

We are taking the wait-and see approach; not prematurely canceling anything unless we are notified that we have to. We are self-sufficient and camp alone anyhow. We don't party when we're camping so we aren't touching anyone else's stuff and nobody is touching our stuff. If we have to cancel, we will, but we will not succumb to panic and hysteria, nor will we be bullied into believing we are irresponsible in our decision. There are plenty of other folks who agree, so I'm not going to worry unnecessarily weather or not I'm doing the right thing. I am 69 and my wife is 70 and we aren't worried about it at all. We are ready to go.

2016 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab, 4x4
2021 Palomino Puma 27RLSS
RockDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:45 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockDodger View Post
We are taking the wait-and see approach; not prematurely canceling anything unless we are notified that we have to. We are self-sufficient and camp alone anyhow. We don't party when we're camping so we aren't touching anyone else's stuff and nobody is touching our stuff. If we have to cancel, we will, but we will not succumb to panic and hysteria, nor will we be bullied into believing we are irresponsible in our decision. There are plenty of other folks who agree, so I'm not going to worry unnecessarily weather or not I'm doing the right thing. I am 69 and my wife is 70 and we aren't worried about it at all. We are ready to go.
Panic is one thing and there is certainly some of that going on but hysteria?

I haven't seen any hysteria (current definition as the meaning has morphed some) but I can see how 6000 people dying in the last ten days, using refrigerated trucks and arenas to store the dead would cause a great deal of fear? (Italy) Irrational fear?

We are locked in the house as told by a doctor when the wife showed symptoms...Yep, we have suspended all travel. We had a 2 week trip planned at the end next month, that's canceled. The 2 week trip in late summer hasn't been canceled yet but given the rate things are happening I'm willing to bet this will be too.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:20 AM   #68

Out of curiosity, where are the 3300 sites Oaklevel spoke of?
Captn.Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:02 AM   #69

Think of it this way, you are putting overworked first responders at risk should something happen to you.

Good to be self sufficient, but as one example you will consume fuel that needs to be replaced and that means stopping to replenish which will expose you to transmission to the virus at the pumps
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockDodger View Post
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:08 AM   #70
Member: Old Man Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigH View Post
Panic is one thing and there is certainly some of that going on but hysteria?

I haven't seen any hysteria

The word was used in the context of a figure of speech, and not the literal vernacular. Although I did see a woman at a local large grocery store literally running through the isles with her face all bundled up like it was 10 below. This may have triggered my usage of the word.

We are locked in the house as told by a doctor when the wife showed symptoms...Yep, we have suspended all travel..
But you have a reason to be more concerned about it now. I hope your wife has a prompt recovery. What you are doing is not unreasonable, and canceling your camping plans for the immediate future is certainly warranted. I probably would do the same. We are both healthy at the present time, so I am not going to cancel plans for July and September based on speculation alone. We will 'wait-and-see'.

2016 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab, 4x4
2021 Palomino Puma 27RLSS
RockDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:01 AM   #71
RECAT

Not to get in the anyone's decisions but as far as campground availability here is a link http://portal.criticalimpact.com/go/...473c7b9fa19141
2014 COLUMBUS 320RS
WAR EAGLE !!
REBCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:02 AM   #72

We were planning a month long trip starting the last part of April. We've postponed that. What an agonizing decision that has been. The wife and I have not taken a vacation in many years due to all kinds of events happening in our lives. We are now finally free to travel and this blows it up big time. However the risk right now just ain't worth it. You all be safe.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:58 PM   #73

Quote:
Sometimes you have no choice. If you were out as a Snowbird, you can't go home now if its through hot states. Not everyone has a relative that would even want you there let alone have the room. If you are home stay there. Us out on the road have our own concerns to worry about.
Yes, of course, and, I feel for all of you that are full-timers, or trying to get home or are stuck somewhere. I see that many campgrounds are full of people that are trying to remain in place. Those places should be as safe as homes in neighborhoods, if you follow the guidelines. I was speaking of people that just want to travel, without regarding the safety of themselves or others. Here, in Florida, we are being flooded with people from New York, New Jersey, and other places that are in total shutdown. Our governor will require people coming in on planes to go into mandatory quarantine. However, there is nothing stopping people from coming in in vehicles. Pretty scary for those that reside here and are doing everything we can to stop the spread of the virus.
smeyer9353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:08 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeyer9353 View Post
Yes, of course, and, I feel for all of you that are full-timers, or trying to get home or are stuck somewhere. I see that many campgrounds are full of people that are trying to remain in place. Those places should be as safe as homes in neighborhoods, if you follow the guidelines. I was speaking of people that just want to travel, without regarding the safety of themselves or others. Here, in Florida, we are being flooded with people from New York, New Jersey, and other places that are in total shutdown. Our governor will require people coming in on planes to go into mandatory quarantine. However, there is nothing stopping people from coming in in vehicles. Pretty scary for those that reside here and are doing everything we can to stop the spread of the virus.

Was something on the news here today. I-95 enters Florida in Nassau County. The Nassau county sheriffs office stated they are putting some deputyís in the welcome station and having patrol cars stop vehicles from New York tri state area.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	261.7 KB
ID:	225866
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:57 PM   #75
SRN

And then thereís this problem

No respect
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4109A464-ED3B-42E4-93D8-6D28496A3A5D.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	225872  
SRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:15 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Your suggestion doesnít work for people East of the Mississippi.

There just isnít the expansive areas youíre suggesting to boondock.

Walmart parking lots just doesnít cut it.
Exactly. I'm thinking we probably won't see a camp site this year.
2018 Chevy Spark
Formerly - 2007 Itasca Navion (Sold and gone)
Mr. October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:41 AM   #77

Cancelled cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrobson View Post
Pulled into Gulf state park about 2 hours ago. Had to leave our camper here in February due to a broken water pipe that totalled the house. 6 months to fix and the Hampton in Tinley Park Ill was getting ready to close with the shutdown. Had no choice if we wanted somewhere to live. We'll be here for 2 weeks, then MS assuming they keep their parks open. Then back to Illinois to wait for the house to be finished. Been a bad year starting with booking a now cancelled cruise and my wife shattering her elbow.
I know itís not gonna look like a bride side, but thank your wife for her elbow so you didnít get stuck somewhere on a cruise with a bunch of other sick people. Could you imagine what these people are having to deal with not being able to get off the ship. Hope she gets better quickly. I know what itís like as I myself had two incidents that sidelined me for 9 months last year.
Crabbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:52 AM   #78

Florida Governor is thinking about keeping travelers driving from the NewYorkCity tri state area out of Florida and same for the State of LA. Something to ponder if you have to go that way home or pass through.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:10 AM   #79

Although we cancelled our April trip, we still have a August reservation at a private campground. We are hoping we can make that trip.

Also, my employer issued a very strongly worded statement concerning unnecessary travel. I interpreted the message to mean that my employment would be in jeopardy if I did any more than travel in my community and to and from work.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:15 AM   #80
Citrus County, Fl.

Quote:
Florida Governor is thinking about keeping travelers driving from the NewYorkCity tri state area out of Florida and same for the State of LA. Something to ponder if you have to go that way home or pass through.
I heard that yesterday. They will be looking for license plates from high volume states, will stop them and issue a 14 day quarantine warning.

I saw a really good post on Twitter today that showed a relationship as to how fast a virus can travel across the country based on 2 week study of cell phones and where they traveled to from the beach at Ft. Lauderdale. Not sure if everybody can watch it but here is the link.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1243281598037913600
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel