Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2020, 03:47 AM   #41

UV light from the sun kills viruses and boosts your vitamin D levels, which boosts your immune system. I suffered from low vitamin D levels after I was diagnosed with melanoma (skin cancer). I was so covered up, I wasn't getting any sun. I was sick quite a lot for a couple of years before my doctor figured it out. Now I take vitamin supplements to boost my immune system. I highly recommend it. Hopefull the warm weather will knock this virus out quickly.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:50 AM   #42

So my rv is now in the driveway- All set up- It will be used to quarantine my wife- ( who is in health care) or my son (who is a police officer)

Not the camping season I was looking for.
God bless us all. We really need it.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:57 AM   #43

each of us has to make a decision .... my options are clear we will stay in place at home and avoid contact ... the more of us that do that the less chance of infection ... that said there are states with minimal cases and some with 1000's ... be careful and you will be fine .... the decisions being made by many not to take this serious will just extend the end....
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 05:02 AM   #44

We just bought a 2005 FR motor home on 03/19/2020 and have it parked on concrete within our large senior mobile/RV park in central Florida. Instead of trying to head out to camp, we are spending mornings fixing her up and "getting ready". Let's all bite the bullet and be patient. There will be good camping times ahead.....promise.

Jerry.....Winter Haven, Florida
Lexington 283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:39 PM   #45
Multi-Slacker

“On hearing ill rumour that Londoners may soon be urged into their lodgings by Her Majesty’s men, I looked upon the street to see a gaggle of striplings making fair merry, and no doubt spreading the plague well about. Not a care had these rogues for the health of their elders!”
Samuel Pepys Diaries - London 1664
No real change in 2020!
Old 03-23-2020, 03:59 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
each of us has to make a decision ....
Unless it's made for us by the Gov closing everything down but Food and Health providers.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:41 PM   #47
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Unless it's made for us by the Gov closing everything down but Food and Health providers.
The possibility of that happening is slim to none. If enacted, it would be a recipe for an insurrection due to the collapse of the entire economy.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:53 PM   #48

We cancelled our July trip yesterday due to my FIL's underlying conditions. He's a transplant patient and we just can't be too careful.

I am searching for an open beach to reserve ASAP. This is all just too much. I am not made to work from home. I'm going to need a vacation from my staycation!
UGACamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 05:11 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
The possibility of that happening is slim to none. If enacted, it would be a recipe for an insurrection due to the collapse of the entire economy.
Just happened in Ontario all non essential businesses closed. Plus the border closed to all non essential traffic. Commerce and medical personnel are the exception.
primo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 05:40 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cariboo camper View Post
No whos on second. I remember my grandpa reciting that story, hilarious.
It was a comedy routine by Abbot and Costello.

If you haven't seen it, look here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=whos...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Still makes me laugh....
Old 03-23-2020, 06:00 PM   #51
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
It was a comedy routine by Abbot and Costello.
Who?
Old 03-23-2020, 06:41 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestWalker View Post
Who?

Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Knows on third......
Old 03-23-2020, 06:50 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
not going to happen ....
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:09 PM   #54

Governor DeSantis of Florida stated tonight he will quarantine any and all individuals flying into Florida from New York & New Jersey.https://www.wtxl.com/news/local-news...ory-quarantine
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:02 PM   #55

To answer the question posed in the thread title, here in WA State the decision may have been made for us by the State.

The Governor just issued a "Stay at Home" order which severely limits non-essential activity. Just a little short of a curfew but the Governor spoke plainly in his address to the citizens that "not enough people were paying attention".

No State Parks open, all DNR land closed to camping (some of my favorite boondocking areas, darn) as well as most stores, restaurants, gathering places, etc.

Construction on infrastructure and housing can continue as well as the essential trades like Plumbers, Electrician, etc.

Boeing also has shut down their huge facility in Everett which is one of the largest buildings in the US where the 747, 767, 787 are built. They went from one known case to 29 cases and one death in about a week.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:56 PM   #56
DaLexusGuy

Arrow Definitely, yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired JSO View Post
Governor DeSantis of Florida stated tonight he will quarantine any and all individuals flying into Florida from New York & New Jersey.https://www.wtxl.com/news/local-news...ory-quarantine
IMHO they should have begun this particular no-travel policy like, 20 years ago.
LeoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:26 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbike View Post
We are hoping that the BLM doesn't close down the dispersed camping areas.
We are heading out on Monday for a little two weeks of boon docking and playing with our Polaris RZR, now there is real disease.
They have shut down dispersed camping in the Moab, UT area already.
ObiRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:27 PM   #58

As much as we hated to do it... we cancelled our trip next week to Colorado for state park camping. Both Colorado and our area of Texas are under stay at home directives.
First of all... we are being told to not go there or out here for that matter.
Second, we are staying put out of respect for all those out there that have underlying health issues that this virus could complicate.

It’s just not worth putting others or other families at risk. Until then... we have great weather to work in the Dynamax.
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:32 PM   #59

Hi You All,
At the risk of being a newbie and being blasted by senior members..... what are you thinking?? Thank you to those that state "stay at home", but the rest of you, WHAT?? We have a MH that we bought just a couple months ago - do you not think we are wanting to get out on the road?? Yes, for sure, but we are not going to risk ourselves or others over our "wants". Full Timers, don't you have some relatives or friends or somewhere you can stay in place? We just don't understand what is going on in these posts (not just this one) where people are still talking about traveling in these dangerous, pandemic times?
smeyer9353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:38 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeyer9353 View Post
Hi You All,

At the risk of being a newbie and being blasted by senior members..... what are you thinking?? Thank you to those that state "stay at home", but the rest of you, WHAT?? We have a MH that we bought just a couple months ago - do you not think we are wanting to get out on the road?? Yes, for sure, but we are not going to risk ourselves or others over our "wants". Full Timers, don't you have some relatives or friends or somewhere you can stay in place? We just don't understand what is going on in these posts (not just this one) where people are still talking about traveling in these dangerous, pandemic times?
Sometimes you have no choice. If you were out as a Snowbird, you can't go home now if its through hot states. Not everyone has a relative that would even want you there let alone have the room. If you are home stay there. Us out on the road have our own concerns to worry about.

Tags
travel