Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2020, 09:53 PM   #21

We live here in south Louisiana and heard quite a bit about the earthquake. My bosses son lives close to twin falls and as soon as we heard about it called him.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:09 PM   #22

IDguy,
sounds to me that you are doing everything correctly and are traveling smart.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
Old 04-06-2020, 10:48 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malojeer View Post
We live here in south Louisiana and heard quite a bit about the earthquake. My bosses son lives close to twin falls and as soon as we heard about it called him.
They probably felt it pretty good too. I’d only ever experienced a very mild one. This one was a humdinger. My wife and I were in the kitchen and watched all hanging things do a dance and dishes rattle. The ground sound was creepy. Fortunately no damage but had to go around and straighten all the pictures and wall clocks.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:02 AM   #24

We are good to go early tomorrow. Finished up solar install yesterday so today is only load the RV. Remembered I had a motorcycle rack from motorcycles past. It should work for this one but if necessary I can drive it back. But then DW would have to drive RV. She hasn’t tried this one yet but did pretty good with our class C (one mirror repair).

Arranged a boondockerswelcome.com site near Goldendale in case we don’t like the parking lot. It is on 10 acres so our quarantine will continue. Seems like a great place. We’ll have to forgo the museum and winery this time but will have this place scoped for the future. The Columbia Gorge is going to be awesome tomorrow but most things closed

BTW I strongly recommend boondockerswelcome.com for travel, especially the next few months with so many public places closed. We’ve used more than a half dozen times the last 9 months and it has been great. We have also hosted a half dozen times. If your travels include Boise look us up. 16 miles out of town.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:12 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
IMHO I think you've missed a whole lot. You seem to be dead set on going. Go ahead, roll the dice. Just make sure that when you start your excursion to ask yourself a couple times a day:

"DO I FEEL LUCKY?"
Yes, you need to feel lucky traveling in OR. 500 auto deaths per year and 500 gun deaths. 160 covid deaths predicted but currently about 20.

Traffic will be way down so probably safer now than ever before.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:18 PM   #26

We recently returned home [five day trip] and did not have any contact with anyone anywhere. Used gloves at service stations, phone only at campsites etc.. So you should be good in that regard.

Having said that are you willing to accept the social stigma of travelling when asked not to ?. What about needing medical help from illness or accident?. I personally would rather put up with a broken bone than go to a hospital right now. Our whole trip home was stressful for these reasons alone, I would rather of not traveled but our medical insurance was soon expiring [Canadian].

Not what you wanted to hear but I wish you would reconsider!
Old 04-06-2020, 01:20 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDguy View Post
This is the kind of useless response I tried to prevent.

I don’t understand these people who can’t understand a simple request in someone else’s thread. Sheesh.
I say have fun fishing, seems like good social isolation and good for your mental health. My fear is all the suicides, divorces, drug and alcohol abuse that will be forthcoming.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
I say have fun fishing, seems like good social isolation and good for your mental health. My fear is all the suicides, divorces, drug and alcohol abuse that will be forthcoming.
And I'm looking at the more positive aspects of sheltering in place. Many younger families are learning how to spend time together w/o being on their electronic devices. Folks are cooking again, eating meals together, bike riding together. I have talked to friends on the phone that I have not heard from in years. I see all kinds of folks figuring out how to help those that no longer have jobs. I see neighbors checking on each other and doing what they can to help each other, all while trying to do their part in the shelter in place orders.
Many positive aspects of shelter in place and social distancing, besides just trying to flatten the curve. Hopefully they will out weigh the doom and gloom, and counteract those that feel the new rules don't apply to them.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
Old 04-06-2020, 01:35 PM   #29

Enjoy. Only thing I would add would be to use gloves or wipes at the gas pump and card readers. Let us know how it goes.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:50 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
And I'm looking at the more positive aspects of sheltering in place. Many younger families are learning how to spend time together w/o being on their electronic devices. Folks are cooking again, eating meals together, bike riding together. I have talked to friends on the phone that I have not heard from in years. I see all kinds of folks figuring out how to help those that no longer have jobs. I see neighbors checking on each other and doing what they can to help each other, all while trying to do their part in the shelter in place orders.
Many positive aspects of shelter in place and social distancing, besides just trying to flatten the curve. Hopefully they will out weigh the doom and gloom, and counteract those that feel the new rules don't apply to them.
Or actually understand the rules and not the interpretations some want everyone else to follow.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:56 PM   #31

I disagree. I think this is exactly why you started this troll thread on a controversial subject.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
Old 04-06-2020, 01:58 PM   #32

If anyone is interested, here is the real threat: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...-estimates.htm
Old 04-06-2020, 02:01 PM   #33

Quote:
I disagree. I think this is exactly why you started this troll thread on a controversial subject.
Stupid comment. I can’t get you to go away so I will.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:02 PM   #34

Quote:
I think you're right.

Someone who's planning to take himself, wife, and dog 450 miles to a big city to pick up a motorcycle in this age of 'stay at home'.... isn't really looking for advice.