Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2023, 09:36 PM   #21
KSH

I can't believe people are still willingly taking shots to get myocarditis.
Again, no sense discussing it, you can't convince the believers.

Attachment 286534
KSH is offline   Reply
Old 04-29-2023, 01:14 AM   #22

You know..”Living is hazardous to your health.”

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply
Old 04-29-2023, 01:57 PM   #23
Open Space Wanted

Lightbulb Let It Go

This became endemic around February 2022. The national emergency finally ended April 10. But, the health emergency is due to expire May 11.

Nothing changed for me except having to deal with the unnecessary lock-downs (still traveled since 2020) and the useless masking that continues in some places, especially at some medical facilities apparently following someone else's science.
RedRoverComeOver is offline   Reply
Old 04-29-2023, 03:07 PM   #24

So many folks just don’t understand. How many folks have you seen driving a car and wearing a mask? And normally alone in the car. How about those folks out for a walk wearing a mask even though they will not be within 50’ of another person? I have seen folks jogging in the neighborhood and wearing a mask. And bicyclists also. It is crazy.
All this and lots of science about masks being totally ineffective.
We have continued a normal lifestyle through it all and never had Covid. Only had one vaccination and that was under strong pressure from our kids.

Your results may differ.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply
Old 04-29-2023, 03:31 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
So many folks just don’t understand. How many folks have you seen driving a car and wearing a mask? And normally alone in the car. How about those folks out for a walk wearing a mask even though they will not be within 50’ of another person? I have seen folks jogging in the neighborhood and wearing a mask. And bicyclists also. It is crazy.
All this and lots of science about masks being totally ineffective.
We have continued a normal lifestyle through it all and never had Covid. Only had one vaccination and that was under strong pressure from our kids.

Your results may differ.
I don’t find other people wearing masks however, wherever, or whenever they want to bother me in any way whatsoever.
Old 04-29-2023, 03:33 PM   #26

It does not bother me either. I just sorta laugh inside about the lack of understanding some people have about the virus.

Old 04-29-2023, 03:45 PM   #27

Quote:
It does not bother me either. I just sorta laugh inside about the lack of understanding some people have about the virus.
Not only lack of understanding about the virus but oh, so, many, other things too numerous to list.

At least things around my part of the country have returned to somewhat normal. Even Amazon is ordering workers back into the office (at least 3 days per week). Maybe now we'll be able to speak to customer service reps on the phone without kids shouting or dogs barking in the background

Maybe someday people will start to again believe in science instead of social media.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply
Old 04-29-2023, 04:14 PM   #28
KSH

Wherever I call amazon I hear roosters in the background. Really funny
KSH is offline   Reply
Old 04-29-2023, 04:14 PM   #29

Quote:
I don’t laugh. I have to assume people have reasons for doing things that I couldn’t be aware of. Or if the reason is simply that they like masks, that’s OK with me too. When I wear a mask I assume people are judging me, but I don’t care.
Old 04-29-2023, 04:26 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
How do we know they're the experts?

Seems like every evening newscast there were different people claiming expertise and had ever changing advice.

The height of the Covid crisis was also a time of opportunity for politicians to get "face time" on TV.

FWIW many people like to attend events where huge numbers of people are packed into close spaces. 50,000-100,000 individuals crammed into arena's, stadiums, entertainment venues, all sharing the exhaled air (and organisms) from the crowd. Football stadiums used to be open-air but today are covered, heated, "incubators. And then there are Cruise ships that already have shown to be a great place to get sick (Norovirus). As our society gets more crowded I fully expect we'll never see an airborn epidemics like "Covid" as the viruses will keep mutating and people's affinity for crowds continues.
Good question. I think that if you are a Board Certified Epidemiologist chances are we the people should listen to what you have to say. We shouldn't get medical advice from non-medical sources and certainly not from politicians and the average Joe on the street.

I am not sure what your TV sources were, but I can honestly say I didn't see or hear of any Epidemiologist (first hand) in the beginning of the pandemic who didn't agree that we should follow all the existing protocols regarding public health such as washing your hands and stay away from large gatherings.

After much medical study and the determination that the virus was transmitted by air, the need to wear masks was evident. The problem was that there were no masks. Masks were reserved for front line medical workers. As masks became available for the general public, then mandates evolved.

We will never know how effective these measures were in slowing down the virus because so many people and politicians refused to follow the protocols.
Old 04-29-2023, 04:38 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilFromMaine View Post
Good question. I think that if you are a Board Certified Epidemiologist chances are we the people should listen to what they have to say. We shouldn't get medical advice from non-medical sources and certainly not from politicians and the average Joe on the street.

I am not sure what your TV sources were, but I can honestly say I didn't see or hear of any Epidemiologist in the beginning of the pandemic who didn't agree that we should follow all the existing protocols regarding public health such as washing your hands and stay away from large gatherings.

After much medical study and the determination that the virus was transmitted by air, the need to wear masks was evident. The problem was that there were no masks. Masks were reserved for front line medical workers. As masks became available for the general public, then mandates evolved.

We will never know how effective these measures were in slowing down the virus because so many people and politicians refused to follow the protocols.
I don't disagree but unlike reading a published paper with the author's CV included, along with footnotes, TV just puts a 'talking head" with a name before the public and we just have to accept the fact they are "board certified".

More an issue with the TV shows involving TV Personalities than actual News Broadcasts, and especially for the local radio shows that tend to push the limits of credibility or even credulity.

When driving and listening to some of these local talk show hosts espouse their theories I think I've gone back in time and am listening to the old "Coast to Coast" broadcasts hosted by Art Bell. For anyone who's driven late at night in the wide open spaces you know the show I'm talking about.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply
Old 04-29-2023, 05:36 PM   #32

Quote:
So many folks just don’t understand. How many folks have you seen driving a car and wearing a mask? And normally alone in the car. .
There are other reasons for wearing masks.

People with allergies can cut down on exposure to pollen by wearing a mask.
People undergoing cancer treatments are told to wear masks to decrease their exposure to disease.
People with family members who are 'fragile' wear masks to avoid getting sick where bringing something as simple as a cold could result in serious consequences.
Some people just leave them on when in the car to save time when they get to their destination. Once you get a N95 or KN95 adjusted to fit the face it's easier to leave it on til you get home.

Please try to be understanding. Their reason for wearing a mask is not any of our business. Be thankful that you have the choice to not wear a mask.
Old 04-29-2023, 09:19 PM   #33

I'm a firm believer in that our creator gave our bodies what we need to fight most illness. That said, we had a trip planned out west for a month in 2021 and since we are both high risk, we elected to get the jab but to this day, do not wear masks. America is a free country and people should have choice over what they put in their bodies. I have been directly exposed a minimum of 3 times I know of and have never had more than a runny nose and since the first 2 rounds of jabs, I will never get another.
2020 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Gasser
and a couple of those Harley things
sold: 2021 Graywolf 22RR
Cruzrtwdgt is offline   Reply
Old 04-29-2023, 09:45 PM   #34
KSH

Any voice that opposed the general narrative was silenced, so of course you only heard one side. That includes doctors at the highest levels. But the TV didn't tell you that either.
KSH is offline   Reply
Old 04-30-2023, 09:12 AM   #35

Quote:
Chris said "isolation or ramping up immunity?"

I want to agree with this statement, but I am wondering if you can really "ramp up your immunity"? The virus reproduces rapidly and mutates. It is a moving target that constantly changes its makeup. This has been demonstrated by the fact that none of the original vaccines that once worked against it still works. The vaccines have to change with the virus.

I would certainly agree that keeping healthy and fit is probably the best way a person can protect themselves from disease.
There are a number of things that can be done to ramp up immunity… but being in seclusion and away from others certainly isn’t one of them: ever hear of the term “herd immunity”? The public health issue of “herd immunity” is that the human body has a remarkable capability to handle most challenges, even that of a suspected extraterrestrial source: viruses, which are not living organisms, but — until now — have evolved due to natural processes. Not one virus has ever been 100% fatal because the human immunological system adapts — as evidenced by the continuation of the human species.

“No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.” — Albert Einstein
ChrisPBacon is offline   Reply
Old 04-30-2023, 09:28 AM   #36

Quote:
Good question. I think that if you are a Board Certified Epidemiologist chances are we the people should listen to what you have to say. We shouldn't get medical advice from non-medical sources and certainly not from politicians and the average Joe on the street.

I am not sure what your TV sources were, but I can honestly say I didn't see or hear of any Epidemiologist (first hand) in the beginning of the pandemic who didn't agree that we should follow all the existing protocols regarding public health such as washing your hands and stay away from large gatherings.

It's hard to follow the science when any other scientist opinions that went against the pushed narrative was silenced . Follow the money ! Covid deaths were 1/2 what they claim . once money is involved and given to hospitals for covid death diagnosis the death rate went up after all if you can blame covid and get a check for $3000. bucks when the person dies in a car accident or heart attack or old age why not right ?
MR.M is online now   Reply
Old 04-30-2023, 09:37 AM   #37

Very true! Covid deaths were way over reported due to the $$$. The father of a good friend passed away in 2020 and his death certificate said Covid. The family objected as he had a heart attack and after some legal battle, his death certificate was reissued with the true cause of death.

It happened everywhere.

Old 04-30-2023, 09:44 AM   #38

Common in these type threads are claims of certain versions of “reality”, but rarely with any citations, sources, or data to back them up.

I’d say the thread has run it’s course.
Old 04-30-2023, 10:48 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
Common in these type threads are claims of certain versions of “reality”, but rarely with any citations, sources, or data to back them up.

I’d say the thread has run it’s course.
Of course you think it's run it's course . As soon as posts show up that you disagree with it's over right ? I can see only your version of reality is acceptable so silence any other facts or opinions They did the same thing with the scientists that spoke up against the draconian false covid restrictions created by those other party line wheres my money scientists . I do agree this thread has run it's course.
MR.M is online now   Reply
Old 04-30-2023, 11:19 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
Of course you think it's run it's course . As soon as posts show up that you disagree with it's over right ? I can see only your version of reality is acceptable so silence any other facts or opinions They did the same thing with the scientists that spoke up against the draconian false covid restrictions created by those other party line wheres my money scientists . I do agree this thread has run it's course.
Your assumptions about me are totally incorrect (although I agree with your last sentence). I can’t see how you extrapolated that from my post #38. I look for substantiated views on all sides and aspects. My point, as I said, is that nearly none of the posts are supplied with any backing of their claims. Therefore it is difficult or impossible for me to learn anything as I cannot know what is true or false, or what is fact or opinion.

As the thread progresses, it seems to drift farther away from having solid educational value and from the original topic, thus to me, it has run it’s course.

Tags
ram, ramp