Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 02:12 PM   #21

It’s really not so simple when you’re a plumber.

I was covered head to toe with human excrement from 8:30 until 10:30 this morning.

Now I am preparing dinner for my family.

Bruce
Old 04-04-2020, 02:14 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBurson View Post
I work in the academic healthcare system. I am deeply saddened our doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, etc., who save people’s lives never imagined they would be on the front line of a war fighting an invisible enemy, with no armor.

The impact of this war is devastating. Bless all those healthcare workers who are risking their lives for us.

Someone said that what's been given to many medical professionals to do their jobs is akin to sending a soldier into battle wearing a t-shirt and flip-flops.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Old 04-04-2020, 02:20 PM   #23
Can you run 3800 fps?

I repair Fire Alarms and Security Systems for a living. My XYL works in Grocery. Both considered Essential, and yet we are both considered HIGH RISK. We go to work and then Home. No unnecessary travel or visits. I hadn't seen the next door neighbor in about two weeks. When I was taking the cover off the Trailer this morning, he headed over for a howdy. We kept our distance from each other, but it was nice to see him again, he's always been a good friend. He's out of beef burger buns, so the XYL is picking up some at work for him. No contact delivery is in order, as he's High Risk also. Were missing the start of the Season because the parks we like so much are all closed, and not sure I would want to go to an open one anyway. Much of my time is taken up Driving from one repair to another. The roads are EMPTY, even at RUSH HOUR! The main Interstates around the Cleveland area that are usually packed and slow moving, are almost vacant. The downtown Cleveland area is a Ghost Town, with many suburban shopping centers looking like a Sci-FI Zombie Apocalypse movie! When this is over, I may want a full reckoning about our Constitutional Rights to assembly, but for right now, the smartest thing is to stay away from each other.... If I'm dead I cant fight for my Rights!

Everyone take care and Stay Healthy!

Old 04-04-2020, 02:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlinon View Post
I’m in the minority here but how many people died in the flu in the season of 2017 and 2018, 61,000. Every year the regular flu kills 20,000 people and up. If the virus last three months or more our economy is history. We are not China, we have rights here, off hand I can think of one that China does not have the second amendment. If you want to stay home that’s great just don’t blame the people that go out. If I was sick I would stay home, I’m as healthy as a horse, I have no health problems. I go out somewhere every day. Tomorrow I’m eating seafood from a seafood house tomorrow, I’m eating in the parking lot. I went to Walmart this morning and probably a hundred people there or more. Wife has enough toilet paper and paper towels to last 3 months and it’s never enough. The camper is filling up with paper products. I went to a place that sells country ham, brought enough to last three months. I like spending time with granddaughter, I brought her a pink John Deere wagon that I pull her on the highway that runs in front of our house. She likes to be pulled, it seems like she takes every doll she has. She is 4, been to Disney three times, I would take her tomorrow if the Fort was opened

And YOU are the problem, my friend. Uneducated, thoughtless comments, a hoarder, and most likely a troll based on the different points you addressed.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:56 PM   #25

Quote:
... If you want to stay home that’s great just don’t blame the people that go out. If I was sick I would stay home, I’m as healthy as a horse, I have no health problems. I go out somewhere every day. Tomorrow I’m eating seafood from a seafood house tomorrow, I’m eating in the parking lot...
This is the sort of attitude that will prolong this pandemic. Have you seen the reports that say you can have the virus, and spread the virus for up to 14 days before you have symptoms? You may think you are healthy (and I hope you are) but it is possible you are not and by going out and unnecessarily being around other people who may be high risk you may be putting others in danger, perhaps even someone who will die from this illness.
2022 F150 Powerboost Hybrid.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:08 PM   #26

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
This is the sort of attitude that will prolong this pandemic. Have you seen the reports that say you can have the virus, and spread the virus for up to 14 days before you have symptoms? You may think you are healthy (and I hope you are) but it is possible you are not and by going out and unnecessarily being around other people who may be high risk you may be putting others in danger, perhaps even someone who will die from this illness.
Studies from Iceland and China are suggesting that a much larger percentage of people infected with Covid-19 than previously thought show no symptoms at all but can carry and transmit the virus to others. Some estimates range above 30% of those infected. That's the reason for wearing masks in public: it's not so much for you but to protect others by keeping you from breathing on or infecting them. So people who think all is fine and go about their daily business could be infecting their parents or grandchildren or neighbors or customers because they don't follow the advice suggested by the scientist.

Studies also suggest that the death rates from Covid-19 are ten times higher than the standard "flu." Being an old guy, it's not something I want to test.

2014 Rockwood Signature 8282 Ultra-Lite
2008 RAM 3500 HD DRW Laramie Megacab
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Old 04-04-2020, 03:16 PM   #27
Multi-Slacker

Quote:
I’m in the minority here but how many people died in the flu in the season of 2017 and 2018, 61,000. Every year the regular flu kills 20,000 people and up. If the virus last three months or more our economy is history. We are not China, we have rights here, off hand I can think of one that China does not have the second amendment. If you want to stay home that’s great just don’t blame the people that go out. If I was sick I would stay home, I’m as healthy as a horse, I have no health problems. I go out somewhere every day. Tomorrow I’m eating seafood from a seafood house tomorrow, I’m eating in the parking lot. I went to Walmart this morning and probably a hundred people there or more. Wife has enough toilet paper and paper towels to last 3 months and it’s never enough. The camper is filling up with paper products. I went to a place that sells country ham, brought enough to last three months. I like spending time with granddaughter, I brought her a pink John Deere wagon that I pull her on the highway that runs in front of our house. She likes to be pulled, it seems like she takes every doll she has. She is 4, been to Disney three times, I would take her tomorrow if the Fort was opened
Methinks you are but trolling us
Old 04-04-2020, 03:17 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybye View Post
Look at this video and you decide! https://youtu.be/dKmH9PR5VqM
The cop is either lying or more likely doesn't know the truth of what he is talking about. The executive order that restricts distance between boats is a FWC order not the governors order, FWC EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 20-09. The 50' foot distance (which itself is of dubious legality) does not apply while underway unless rafted to anther vessel. The state has not closed the beaches, some counties have closed beaches, but all beaches in Fl are state property up to the high tide line. They are only closed above that line. The guy in the video may have been a jerk, but he wasn't completely wrong.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:26 PM   #29

Quote:
My hero. (sarcasm)

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
Old 04-04-2020, 03:26 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtPutnam View Post
Methinks you are but trolling us

And so does the site team.

Trolling and cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.

On a different note, there are some of these similar if not the exact same threads going on about COVID-19. We ALL understand by now what it is, and what should be done. There is absolutely nothing new being hashed or rehashed in our forums about this. All that is happening is arguing and more arguing. Our community is not the place for this.

The site team is NOT and let me repeat that...NOT...going to keep utilizing most of all our time and resources having to fix these arguments from those who are basically venting, trolling, and baiting here cause they are more or less bored. We have started and will continue to suspend member accounts who keep doing this....or starting new threads on same.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:36 PM   #31

I have changed my opinion of all this several times. I no longer know the answers, and I'm not even sure I have the right questions.

I do know that Freedom always trumps Safety. Ben Franklin said that first. It's always true. But no one should want to be a jerk. I am compromised, so I am staying home. Today is day 14 since I got home from Florida, so I apparently am ok. But I'm NOT going out. Still, that is MY choice in MY life, NOT because the government told me to. Government gives me information, I make choices. Sometimes I make the wrong ones.

This is a situation where some folks suffer more than others, and some suffer little, and some suffer none. I pray that all are healed soon, and they find a vaccine and a cure for this crazy thing. I am convinced I know who is to blame and I hope retribution comes to them. Until then, I will try and get along with all my fellow citizens, but I will respect their right to Freedom no matter what.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
Closed Thread