Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 01:25 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerdog1 View Post
My mother died Monday ( 12/21 ) of this crap. I blame China. China killed my Mom!
My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Bless you all.
Old 12-25-2020, 01:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
As of today, about 329,000 people in the USA have reportedly died from COVID-19. If blaming someone else or some other country helps you grieve, then whatever, but it won’t bring the dead people back or stop more people from dying.
Your correct it won't help bring anyone back. But if we fail to learn from history. We are doomed to repeat history. And that is the shame we would share.

Who do you think was at fault?
Old 12-25-2020, 01:36 PM   #23

Virus

Should have been treated like Sweden did they had almost no cases and none now.
Old 12-25-2020, 01:42 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigH View Post
I know about a dozen people who have had the virus and about triple that for being exposed to it (families with at least one positive). For most it was slightly inconvenient. For two it was a pretty nasty 4 day event. One spent 41 days on a hospital ventilator and missed nearly 5 months of work...he is 40, athletic and in really good shape. My neighbor is an insulin user and called her doctor because she was having trouble getting her blood sugar corrected. She tested positive and felt a little more tired than usual with no real symptoms.

I have three friends at work who lost a parent this year. Two were in their 80's and one was 93. Both of the two in their 80's never had Covid and both had Covid written on the death certificate as cause of death.

The 93 year old had Covid early this spring with nothing more than a low grade fever...it never even changed his routine. He died last month of a heart attack and they wrote death as a result of Covid on the death certificate. My friend protested. (I posted this ^ before and in that post I may have been mistaken when I said my friend didn't sign the death certificate...I don't know if we sign death certificates in MN or not but she protested it and got it changed)

I don't think the 'numbers' we are being told is the entire truth. If I personally know of three lies about cause of death, how many are there?...That doesn't mean I believe this virus is a hoax, it is a very real danger to some and I take it series enough that I have missed almost 4 weeks this year because of the possibility of being in contact with someone who had symptoms that potentially could have been Covid.
But there's this:
https://www.globalhealthnow.org/2020-10/covid-19-deaths-undercounted-not-overblown
Old 12-25-2020, 01:52 PM   #26

I live in The Villages, Fl.. There are a lot of people here who either think it is fake or the figures are over stated or just do not care. A lot of the people who have symptoms will not get tested because they are afraid of being quarantined. A lot of the people with symptoms go out in public without masks because they think it is a violation of their rights. A lot of the people here do not believe it is a real threat to themselves even if a neighbor gets hospitalized because the symptoms have become too overwhelming. Now, there is a lot more scoffing at following C.D.C. guidelines because there is a vaccine becoming available. They do not know what the difference is between a "vaccine" and a "cure".
Old 12-25-2020, 02:09 PM   #27
Alpha Wolf 29DQ-L

Quote:
I know folks that think the risk is overstated but I don't know anyone that thinks this virus is fake. Do you?
I'm surrounded by people in Idaho who think it's fake, and that masking violates their constitutional rights.

Jeff
Old 12-25-2020, 02:10 PM   #28

Backfired

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlochbuie View Post
Umm, the Sweden approach backfired badly.

In spite of the quirky name, this is a reliable source. The author is a PhD pharmacy professor.
https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/arti...eid=71bedffa90
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Old 12-25-2020, 02:14 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by grport View Post
Your link is busted but I've ran those numbers. Death rates are on the rise every year due to an aging population -that is part of the increase. We are on track to smash the numbers for drug overdoses this year 80,000 plus -about double. San Fransico has had 173 Covid deaths and 671 overdoses. Chicago has more than doubled its overdose deaths this year with a total that is 1/4 of the Covid deaths in the city.

It doesn't take long to make the 2/3 of deaths from covid claimed in your link math impossible...

Read the links posted after your post too...
Old 12-25-2020, 02:14 PM   #30

Sorry, the Swedish attempt at herd immunity was a total failure. They have had a major surge in late fall and their percentages are mirroring the US’.
Old 12-25-2020, 02:17 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by birderlarry View Post
Sorry, the Swedish attempt at herd immunity was a total failure. They have had a major surge in late fall and their percentages are mirroring the US’.
Interestingly they have no mask mandate, no shutdowns and they are only mirroring the US...not exceeding.

In fact their death rate is about 200 less per million of the population than ours...how can that be?
Old 12-25-2020, 02:29 PM   #32

Check out this link from The Lancet: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(20)32750-1
Old 12-25-2020, 02:38 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by birderlarry View Post
Check out this link from The Lancet: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(20)32750-1

US cases per million 57,695. Deaths per million 1017.
Sweden 39809 and 817 respectively.

I'm not trying to be a smart rear and I don't have the answer but the US is doing worse...how is this possible?
Old 12-25-2020, 03:03 PM   #34
Just as confused as you

If you go by what the first link states then why doesn't chloroquine work against the common cold and common flu which are strains of SARS-Corona viruses?

Even the regular flu vaccine doesn't work with all strains of the common flu and there has never been a vaccine developed for the common cold. The fact is both the common cold and flu viruses mutate several times in a year. That is why the flu vaccine which worked ten years ago don't have effect the flus of today.

As for Covid-19 it has been reported that England is getting hit by the 4th mutation. So far it is reported it is a more virulent easily transmitted strain which affecting children as readily as adults. They are hoping those who have survived the first strain are immune to this latest strain but say only time and testing will tell. And to think there has been a few million people flying back to the states since the latest strain struck.

There are DNA viruses and RNA viruses, my understanding is Covid-19 is a RNA virus.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Old 12-25-2020, 03:43 PM   #35

Quote:

Sweden did fine in the first wave but they have had a significant increase in cases and deaths in the second wave.

CTV (Canadian) News source Dec 17, 2020
STOCKHOLM -- Sweden's king said his country had failed in its handling of COVID-19, in a sharp criticism of a pandemic policy partly blamed for a high death toll among the elderly.

Carl XVI Gustaf, whose son and daughter-in-law tested positive last month, used an annual royal Christmas TV special to highlight the growing impact of the virus, in a rare intervention from a monarch whose duties are largely ceremonial.

Sweden has stood out from most countries by shunning lockdowns and face masks, leaving schools, restaurants and businesses largely open and relying mainly on voluntary social distancing and hygiene recommendations to slow the spread.

An official commission said on Tuesday systemic shortcomings in elderly care coupled with inadequate measures from the government and agencies contributed to Sweden's particularly high death toll in nursing homes.

"I believe we have failed," the king said in an excerpt from the program broadcast by SVT on Wednesday. The full show airs on Dec. 21.

"We have had a large number of deaths and that is terrible. That is something that brings us all suffering."

Sweden has registered more than 7,800 deaths, a much higher per capita rate than its Nordic neighbours but lower than in Britain, Italy, Spain or France, which have all opted for lockdowns.
Old 12-25-2020, 03:44 PM   #36
Just as confused as you

Here's an article on how viruses transmit and infect the human body, https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-03-covid-virus.html

I especially like the last paragraph,

Viruses don't spread unless we help them, he says, and all the advice on washing hands and social distancing is effective at not helping them.
"If you don't pass it on, then that virus hit a dead end in its pseudo-life!"
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Old 12-25-2020, 03:50 PM   #37

Quote:
Interestingly they have no mask mandate, no shutdowns and they are only mirroring the US...not exceeding.

In fact their death rate is about 200 less per million of the population than ours...how can that be?
In spite of no masks, they all readily adapted to social distancing, something the West has failed to do.
Old 12-25-2020, 03:53 PM   #38
Site Team

Ok this thread has many posts that run afoul of our friendly posting rules. It is being closed.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 12-25-2020, 04:28 PM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
Sweden's cases have exploded recently. They just had like 20k 2 days ago.
Closed Thread