Old 03-20-2020, 11:52 AM   #1

Its tough

I live alone and camp most times by myself with the exception that Jake is with me 23/7 so having to stay put does not really change how I do things or have much effect on my life style. I very much feel for those folks that are used to always being on the go or surrounded by other people and now have to stay put. It can be tough learning how to entertain yourself or sustain yourself without the input or help of others has anyone else given thought to this. Just my thoughts
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 12:17 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Staying at home and not socializing in person.
Is that so impossible to ask to help all of us get through this?
The internet and phones still allow you to communicate.
Instead of useless, wasteful entertainment, use it to educate ourselves and learn something. There’s more information available from the internet than one can possibly digest. Our local news showed countless people (closer than 6 feet, so apparently they don’t understand social distancing) lined up to be the first to get their hands on some video game just released today.

Seriously......this is life altering?
This Coronavirus travels invisibly, and even those or yourself don’t even have to have the symptoms to be a carrier.

Everyone out there, everyone.....can be the one that transfers it to you and me.

Stay home.....how hard is that?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S with Trekker cap
and only rarely pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count.
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 01:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Stay home.....how hard is that?
For me it's not difficult to stay at home. I'm naturally an introvert and enjoy doing things by myself.

For my daughter who has been a social butterly all her life, this is really difficult. No more going to the gym every other day, ushering at culteral events, volunteering at local animal groups.... you get the picture. She's lucky in that she's been working at home for 4 or 5 days a week and now it's 5 of 5 days at home. Still, she's staying at home and taking long walks with the dog.

It's not easy, but if this stops some of the spread of the virus, it'll be worth it.

Now all we have to do is get protective equipment for all our hospital workers, EMS and home health care workers, etc. If they shut down the hospitals because they don't have protective equipment, we'll all be in trouble.
Old 03-20-2020, 03:11 PM   #4
Site Team

I too live alone so I’m used to being on my own. As a senior with diabetes I have a higher risk. My *normal* has changed temporary but glad to be living with technology. Life would be so different without smartphones, Internet & TV.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:24 PM   #5

Indeed. Solo camper here, so I spend a lot of time alone. So much media, etc today that there is always something to do. I haven't turned it on lately, but I suspect more people will be talking on CB, and other two way radio venues. I actually took an online driver safety course and got a discount on my insurance. Depending on how long this goes, I will likely take course on ?RV repair. I could certainly use it.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote