Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2020, 04:05 PM   #1

Louisiana has major changes

See attachment from todays briefing.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200322-160252_Yahoo%20Mail.jpeg
Views:	163
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	225557
hshaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:22 PM   #2

The part about not going to work unless providing essential services might be interperated differently by some.

Bringing home a paycheck really is an essential service to most families.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
The part about not going to work unless providing essential services might be interperated differently by some.

Bringing home a paycheck really is an essential service to most families.
If your place of employment is part of critical infrastructure they will have approval from the government and will give you paperwork to fill out. You are required to carry it with you...

I just received my paperwork.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:56 AM   #4

Same here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigH View Post
If your place of employment is part of critical infrastructure they will have approval from the government and will give you paperwork to fill out. You are required to carry it with you...

I just received my paperwork.
Windjammingnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:03 PM   #5
Site Team

The Governor's order of Louisiana refers to the DHS list of essential workers in what can be open.

That list can be found here:

https://gov.louisiana.gov/assets/doc...A-Guidance.pdf

As per the document, there are lots of businesses and industries that will remain open.

Automotive repair and maintenance facilities are one of the critical industries cited, which is what my business falls under.
It sure was a different world today. I went over to the convenience store across from my shop. They were only allowing 5 people at any time into the store. Also a hardware store near my house, had a sign stating to remain outside and they were providing curbside service.

5 o'clock traffic, was non-existent.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:27 PM   #6

If citizens can only go to grocery stores, pharmacies and medical appointments, other businesses will quickly shut down because they have no customers.

These governors are trying to protect their citizens from 'community spread' and having the number of cases double every day. Now young people as well as older folks are coming down with this and some are on respirators.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:56 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
If citizens can only go to grocery stores, pharmacies and medical appointments, other businesses will quickly shut down because they have no customers.

I know they are saying that as to try and keep people in as much, but if your vehicle breaks down, you have to get it fixed in order to do any of the above. Also the people that work at the above, have to have their vehicles operating in order to get to their jobs.

But as you stated, if there are not enough customers for any business, they will shut down. I'm going to give it a few days, and see where I am at. It was somewhat slow yesterday.

Edit: Just had a prison guard come in and buy a tire, as his was coming apart on his car

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I know they are saying that as to try and keep people in as much, but if your vehicle breaks down, you have to get it fixed in order to do any of the above. Also the people that work at the above, have to have their vehicles operating in order to get to their jobs.

But as you stated, if there are not enough customers for any business, they will shut down. I'm going to give it a few days, and see where I am at. It was somewhat slow yesterday.

Edit: Just had a prison guard come in and buy a tire, as his was coming apart on his car
You are absolutely correct and I think those are considered 'essential services.' Unfortunately, there might not be enough business to keep everyone employed in those businesses.
Around here, our malls have shut down and many independent retailers have shut down. Places like Best Buy now are doing 'curbside delivery' to minimize contact with people. I can even pick up groceries without getting near anyone by opening the trunk of the car and having the grocery associate sign for my credit card.
However, the sooner we 'hunker down' and break the transmission of the disease, the sooner we'll get back to normal and less people will get sick.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
You are absolutely correct and I think those are considered 'essential services.' Unfortunately, there might not be enough business to keep everyone employed in those businesses.
Around here, our malls have shut down and many independent retailers have shut down. Places like Best Buy now are doing 'curbside delivery' to minimize contact with people. I can even pick up groceries without getting near anyone by opening the trunk of the car and having the grocery associate sign for my credit card.
However, the sooner we 'hunker down' and break the transmission of the disease, the sooner we'll get back to normal and less people will get sick.
In Louisiana "hunkeing down" may well be a little late. From recent news reports Mardi Gras, specifically in New Orleans, is suspected of causing widespread of the virus and cases is now considered to be the next hotspot.
New Orleans now has the world's highest growth rate of cases.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ne...th/ar-BB11HRXa

The article mentions how people did just about everything they shouldn't at the beginning of the outbreak.

BTW, the US now has reached 2nd place in the number of cases in total number of cases and one more day like yesterday for new cases, we will exceed the total number of cases that China recorded.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

It's going to be hard to accept but stopping the spread will require the same measures implemented in China.

Old 03-26-2020, 12:26 PM   #10

My wife was on a ZOOM conference with her friends in New Orleans, some of which are in the health field. New Orleans may be the next NYC.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:40 PM   #11

Things will be back to normal after Easter.
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by goduc View Post
Things will be back to normal after Easter.
Now all we have to do is define "Normal".

Old 03-26-2020, 12:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Now all we have to do is define "Normal".
I think the "Normal" ship has sailed and may not be back for a long time.
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:05 PM   #14

Automotive appears to be essential business in mandatory shut-down Nevada.
Car dealers and repair shops are open here in Reno.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:07 PM   #15

Here in Florida I fear the cow left the barn long ago and the Governor sits on his hands ... yes I know it is easy to say where I sit ... still wish I could catch that cow ....
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:20 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
Here in Florida I fear the cow left the barn long ago and the Governor sits on his hands ... yes I know it is easy to say where I sit ... still wish I could catch that cow ....
Looking at it from an economic standpoint (NOT POLITICAL) it's hard to make the call to shut down a State like Florida when it relies so heavily on tourism.

10% of the Florida jobs and between $50 billion and $60 billion in annual revenues.

I'm sure other Governors pondered the same factors in their states and decided to heed the advice of experts.

It does boggle the mind how the the FL gov thinks leaving the doors wide open is the smart thing to do.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:09 PM   #17

Quote:
Looking at it from an economic standpoint (NOT POLITICAL) it's hard to make the call to shut down a State like Florida when it relies so heavily on tourism.

10% of the Florida jobs and between $50 billion and $60 billion in annual revenues.

I'm sure other Governors pondered the same factors in their states and decided to heed the advice of experts.

It does boggle the mind how the the FL gov thinks leaving the doors wide open is the smart thing to do.
he is 2 weeks late .... left the beaches open everybody saw the spring breakers ... ... 880 flights into state from New York last 5 days
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:14 PM   #18

I live in NY state, not the city, but an hour Northwest in a rural area and Covid-19 is spreading so fast it's scary. Hospitals around my area are a madhouse even though the largest cluster is in the city. We've been closed down here for a while and it doesn't look like things will even begin to open for a while.

Take it seriously, avoid unnecessary risk and please be safe!

We normally go every year on our first weekend camping trip to a local campground for our anniversary either the last weekend of April or the first weekend in May and I seriously doubt that will happen for the first time in many years. I don't even think there will be a Memorial Day weekend either and who knows after that.

Ray
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:33 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Good words, our community spread is happening where I live in a relatively rural area. We have doubled our cases in a day.Local hospital one city over has a outbreak on a floor, 5 Nurses infected and countless patients.

I am in administration of a local community college. Our 21,000 students are learning online finishing their semester. All events cancelled through the of June.

We are in Pandemic isolation since March 17. Now all snowbirds arriving home are forced to 14 days isolation by law, they leave their house they are charged and can face jail time.

This Canada, not as bad as New York but we certainly feel for our neighbours.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:38 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post

We are in Pandemic isolation since March 17. Now all snowbirds arriving home are forced to 14 days isolation by law, they leave their house they are charged and can face jail time.

This Canada, not as bad as New York but we certainly feel for our neighbours.
IMO, everyone should just stay where they are until the virus calms down or a curative is approved. Do not leave your county if at all possible. People with seasonal homes need to just extend where they are. That being said we need to get this country back to work. If death was a consideration to doing or not doing something, we would still be British, slavery would still exist, Europe would be Germany, commerce would never take place, etc. Do not get me wrong, no one should die for any reason other than old age but that's not reality. The great depression is credited with 7 MILLION deaths and that was 90 years ago.
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote